Dungey/Windham comparison

MOTOXMO
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2014 8:13am
Funny reading some of the posts around here about how Ryan Dungey needs to grow a sac and get more aggressive, have you ever thought to yourselves that maybe he's pushing it absolutely at the limit that he's comfortable racing at. The way some of you guys bad mouth Dungey, you could also disrespect Kevin Windham at the same time. Here's a guy that's loved by everybody for his Heart and commitment, but he was always in Ricky Carmichaels shadow kind of the same way Dungey and everyone else is to Ryan Villopoto right now. Seems like in this sport, there's always going to be someone who's just consistently faster than everyone else, faster in the turns, faster in the whoops, is the most aggressive, has the best bike and team support and until he retires or age catches up with him, he's simply going to be impossible for anyone else to beat on a regular basis, That's Ryan Villopoto right now, he's in a Zone, has the confidence and knows he's the Fastest and best conditioned rider on the Track and every other rider that lines up at the gate knows it. Feel kind of Bad for Dungey, he'd have a bunch of AMA Championships if wasn't for that pesky RV showing up at the gate and messing things up, kind of like Kevin Windham with RC. Sucks to be the Fastest second place rider.
|
Katoomey
1/13/2014 7:57pm
nut huggin in reverse. I like your style. oh wait, no I don't.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/13/2014 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 8:12pm
I see yer point .
and Kdub was Mr second place

Ive thought to myself only 1 guy can win ..when hearing
people give a rider a hard time

The Shop

dirtnapper
1/13/2014 8:47pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
This guy had an alias; "The_Noob." He's a quack.
Also KingRV and RV#1..................he's been around a lot Pinch
Motochimp
1/13/2014 8:49pm
Good point that Kdub is loved by most all fans, but I don't think RD will ever have that type of fan base or likability. Kdub is so much more charismatic and has a much more "onscreen" personality that clearly makes him more likable. I'm sure RD has a more relaxed way about him off of the podium, but am I the only one that's sick and tired of the robotic, canned speaches while on camera? His podium speech last week, and every other, always seems prepared and covered the same exact talking points as his podium diatribe 5 years ago.

I will say I've been a fan of the Dunge ever since I witnessed him go 8 laps bar to bar with RV at Washougal while racing the lites class, eventually RD put it in on him and took the win, so I know he's got it in him. Unfortunately those moments of greatness are few and far between. C'mon #5, show us some personality off the track and quit enjoying the taste of RV's roost.
cason402
1/14/2014 1:31am
15 second place motos
5 moto wins
2 overalls

in last years nationals.

He beat 3rd place Barcia by nearly 100 points in the series.

he's just a smooth, very fast, very successful motocrosser and supercrosser.

bench racers seem to be lacking imagination (or brains) if they can't find anything to talk about, other that trying to second guess a former national, supercross and des nations champ; who's sitting in 2nd place in the supercross series.

Main difference between Windham and Dungey is the wins and championships:
Windham MX - 17 Dungey MX - 34
Windham SX - 18 Dungey SX - 13

Championships Windham no, Dungey yes.
SIMX
1/14/2014 7:21am

Not even remotely in the same class. Windham's a baddass...just ask Vuillemin!
mxjordy127
1/14/2014 7:29am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2014 7:32am
But Windham has a style that any rider would jealous of. I would almost compare him to Reed in terms of results . They both won races and titles but both had rider during there time who overshadowed there success. Reed had RC and Dungey had RV
RedRum666
1/14/2014 8:13am
Dungey has quite a slew of fans if you been to one of the 2 events this year to see..... Some people like him just the way he is and some want to see a little more punch....

I agree that sometimes RD doesnt have that agressivness we see from your Barcia, Stewart and RV's of the world... When he needs to put in a ride like southwick 11 for example...he'll put the pedal down..... but in SX this year, with all the talent and some more guys coming up , he may need to change his MO....My personal opinion is if he rides more agressive - or gets mad mentally (see Jlaw battles) ...he will make more mistakes.....so he cruises...but man, Fro and RC dogged him all race long on the boradcast.

Both events so far Dungey has come out of the first turn in the top 3......Phoenix he was 2nd and finished 3rd and A1 he was 3rd and finished second via RV and JS7 falls..... If Dungey gets a 10th place start like RV did this past week in PHX or Stewart did at A1 and he has Reed, Barcia, Stew, Kroc, RV, Barcia, Brayton and a Weimer in his path....it will be very interesting to see.....dudes are HUNGRY and as we saw this past weekend, if you are not ready to pounce and pass right away...your not going to make box

Post a reply to: Dungey/Windham comparison

The Latest