Dad broken up

bigattack
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:14pm
Parked next to a 45-50 year old dad at the race track. He was driving a construction truck and looked to be an electrician with those tube benders and rolls of wire in the bed. He was riding a brand new 450 while his kid was on a ktm 65. I was watching Dad and he was pretty fast. Then didn't see he come around then I went to the truck. Dad came in after his moto broken up holding his arm and looked to be in pain. I helped him load both bikes and he left to go to the hospital. Well, I left the track thinking why do guys his age need to race? Seriously, he makes his living with his hands and has a young boy and probably a wife and mortgage he is responsible for. Sad to be in his shoes. Men need to step up and know when to say they are done. I think the sport should not allow old guys out on the track. I sure hope he has insurance because he looked to be self employed. Just a note please be careful out on the track and know your limitations. Every racer needs to evaluate his situation and ask if racing two motos is worth the danger.Not sure why any of find is necessary or fun to race motorcycles. Some man at work saw my bike in the truck and we started talking it up. He wants to buy a bike and race. I suggested he buy a dual sport because mx is way too dangerous. MX bikes in general are way too dangerous. I'm seriously thinking dual sporting is the best way to enough motorcycling.

|
JOHN CHOATE
10/26/2009 8:26pm
Boy, I hope the government doesn't read your post. They'll take away my right to ride/race.
suzrider982
what you may not notice is these older guys ae a bigger support for tracks. i have a member of a track and alot of older men ride there. it jus as big of a risk for a young kid, it there lifes and if the olderguy wants to ride then it should not be your concern. Its very ood exercise to. thats just how i feel tho
BUTCH
Nothing wrong with guys that age racing. You're entitled to your own opinion , but I don't agree with you!

The Shop

GIwasB4
10/26/2009 8:27pm
I'm thinking dual sporting would include you in my commute, stay the F off the road PLEASE.
brink
10/26/2009 8:28pm

I guess old people shouldn't be allowed to play basketball either... they could roll an ankle.
KX452
10/26/2009 8:31pm
bigattack must be a liberal democrat. no wonder cali is goin to hell in a handbasket with people like that around.
shaner708
10/26/2009 8:33pm
Finally after 20 years on this earth someone has the decency to tell me racing is dangerous! Anyone wanna buy a bike and van combo? Wink
GIwasB4
10/26/2009 8:34pm
Yeah, I see this going at least 3 pages.
No way, he didn't even say if he was riding a 2 stroke or four. For the real dipshits, I guess I should have typed 2T or 4T.Wink
10/26/2009 8:35pm
Why did you cross the street today? Why did you drive your car down the freeway? It can happen anywhere, antime. Have a buddy 43 years old. Stage 4 lung cancer. 2 kids at home. Never smoked a day in his life. Not moto, but man, anything can happen at any time. Why not live life to the fullest and enjoy it. You never know when it's your time.
Tbteam
10/26/2009 8:35pm
Damn... I just became 50+ eligible this year. Now I have to quit.
mt798
10/26/2009 8:36pm
bigattack wrote:
Parked next to a 45-50 year old dad at the race track. He was driving a construction truck and looked to be an electrician with those...
Parked next to a 45-50 year old dad at the race track. He was driving a construction truck and looked to be an electrician with those tube benders and rolls of wire in the bed. He was riding a brand new 450 while his kid was on a ktm 65. I was watching Dad and he was pretty fast. Then didn't see he come around then I went to the truck. Dad came in after his moto broken up holding his arm and looked to be in pain. I helped him load both bikes and he left to go to the hospital. Well, I left the track thinking why do guys his age need to race? Seriously, he makes his living with his hands and has a young boy and probably a wife and mortgage he is responsible for. Sad to be in his shoes. Men need to step up and know when to say they are done. I think the sport should not allow old guys out on the track. I sure hope he has insurance because he looked to be self employed. Just a note please be careful out on the track and know your limitations. Every racer needs to evaluate his situation and ask if racing two motos is worth the danger.Not sure why any of find is necessary or fun to race motorcycles. Some man at work saw my bike in the truck and we started talking it up. He wants to buy a bike and race. I suggested he buy a dual sport because mx is way too dangerous. MX bikes in general are way too dangerous. I'm seriously thinking dual sporting is the best way to enough motorcycling.

Mom?
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
10/26/2009 8:37pm
WTF, Am I allowed to get on the roof and clean my gutters, should I lose my license because my reflexes aren't so great anymore, am I allowed to swim, mountain bike, kayak, play sand volleyball, go to the gym? All things I'm doing at 42 years of age. Shit my life is over! Hell it's probably not safe that I went to see Dokken a few weeks back.

I'm not 45 yet but closing in and I don't need anyone telling me what I can or can't do.

STFU Noob!!!
kirkco
10/26/2009 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:57am
Who is this guy to judge somebody out there with there son? He must be pissed because the old guy was faster than him. He then tells somebody get a dual sport bike. That is real smart, is he saying the street is safer then the track?
This guy doesn't understand that these guys keep the industry going. Buying new bikes, gear,etc. What a complete fuctard.

bigattack
10/26/2009 8:38pm
It's just a discussion point. Accident kind of hit home with me. I'm just saying for the older guys out there take care and be safe and know your limitations. But I would favor having a age break say 40. After 40 or so you can't race anymore unless its with a vet club. Or you must practice with the vet club rather than at open practice sessions. I would love to see statistics for guys over 40 who get hurt. I bet its more than the kids!
BUTCH
10/26/2009 8:41pm
Madmax31 wrote:
WTF, Am I allowed to get on the roof and clean my gutters, should I lose my license because my reflexes aren't so great anymore, am...
WTF, Am I allowed to get on the roof and clean my gutters, should I lose my license because my reflexes aren't so great anymore, am I allowed to swim, mountain bike, kayak, play sand volleyball, go to the gym? All things I'm doing at 42 years of age. Shit my life is over! Hell it's probably not safe that I went to see Dokken a few weeks back.

I'm not 45 yet but closing in and I don't need anyone telling me what I can or can't do.

STFU Noob!!!
I was with till the Dokken comment!
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
10/26/2009 8:42pm
Jesus this ahole keeps digging in deeper. Your opinion is beyond stupid and has no logic. Yeah racing is dangerous for ANYONE.

Did you know a 40+ year old recently got on the podium at a Pro National.

You are a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
10/26/2009 8:45pm
Yeah Dokken wasn't so great. Lynch wasn't there and Don's voice couldn't get close to those high notes he hit in the 80's! Smile

We had a reception hall that was having some old hair metal bands in. Slaughter, Ratt, and Great White put on great shows....Dokken unfortunately not so much.
10/26/2009 8:46pm
bigattack wrote:
It's just a discussion point. Accident kind of hit home with me. I'm just saying for the older guys out there take care and be safe...
It's just a discussion point. Accident kind of hit home with me. I'm just saying for the older guys out there take care and be safe and know your limitations. But I would favor having a age break say 40. After 40 or so you can't race anymore unless its with a vet club. Or you must practice with the vet club rather than at open practice sessions. I would love to see statistics for guys over 40 who get hurt. I bet its more than the kids!
Why do you race? How old are you? You seriously think "old guys" shouldn't be allow on the track? I would say the 40 plus guys are some of the safer riders out there because they don't want to get hurt. But I guess theres no use arguing with you since you're not using logic or reason.
JOHN CHOATE
10/26/2009 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2009 8:50pm
Yeah, I see this going at least 3 pages.
GIwasB4 wrote:
No way, he didn't even say if he was riding a 2 stroke or four. For the real dipshits, I guess I should have typed 2T...
No way, he didn't even say if he was riding a 2 stroke or four. For the real dipshits, I guess I should have typed 2T or 4T.Wink
Wow, if you mix in the 2t and 4t thing, I could see this exceeding 10 pages!! Damn, add J-Law and MA to this thread and I'd say 50+ pages. I'm 40+ and all that typing just strained my fingers, gotta go now.
GIwasB4
10/26/2009 8:52pm
fencepost wrote:
Great first post!
Your avatar is great by the way.
TerryK
10/26/2009 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:57am
Wow, you have no clue do you? Most over 40 guys I know that race are waaay safer on the track than younger guys and they get hurt way less. Most know their limitations (as should riders of ALL ages) and respect the fact that they have a family that depends on them. They don't attempt the big jumps, they don't blitz the whoops and they don't hang it out like they used to. I suggest maybe you sit and talk to a few of these "old" guys and try to see moto from their perspective. I bet you'd be surprised at their outlook, knowledge and experience in the sport.

You might actually learn something.

btw, stfu noob.
racin mason
10/26/2009 8:54pm
I have been hurt a lot worse at work than I have on a bike,or should I say falling off a bike.I ve been riding for about 40 years and the only person who is going to tellme Im to old to race is me !
GIwasB4
10/26/2009 8:56pm
bigattack wrote:
Parked next to a 45-50 year old dad at the race track. He was driving a construction truck and looked to be an electrician with those...

Can I ask why you register and log in and make this your first post? Your fake, is my guess.
fencepost
10/26/2009 8:59pm
bigattack wrote:
It's just a discussion point. Accident kind of hit home with me. I'm just saying for the older guys out there take care and be safe...
40? most guys who are 40 have been riding for decades dooshy. Do yourself a favor and stop with these two posts.

Post a reply to: Dad broken up

The Latest