Check out this R&D

ZookPilot26
12/17/2010 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:47am
As in: Ripoff & Duplicate.

Buddy of mine at One Ind is a Designer and sent an image over of the design they did for Chad Reed at the Australian SX a couple of months ago. I got a chuckle when I logged on today and saw Factory FX's groundbreaking design on the Vital homepage.

'Two Two' background design is used exactly the same on the shrouds and the airbox. With the exception of the sponsors, the design and colorways are basically identical. How hard is it to lay some red/black in over a background that somebody already designed for you?

|
rgmx-49
12/17/2010 3:32pm
they don't look anything alike you
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
12/17/2010 3:34pm
So did One indo. rip off Gucci or whatever designer brand that was that started that pattern style?
mxb2
12/17/2010 3:35pm
Early bird gets the worm!
ZookPilot26
12/17/2010 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2010 3:44pm
I've got to imagine it is very difficult to design a graphic completely from scratch. On the contrary, it's not very difficult to take an already designed graphic, swap a few lines and logos, and call it your own.

They obviously aren't exact copies. There are some obvious 'coincidences', though, and it certainly suggests a lack of creativity on FX's part.

The Shop

ocscottie
12/17/2010 4:03pm
Or its how Chad wanted it? now there is a hell of a 'coincidence'.
Grieby54
12/17/2010 4:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking...
Dsigner
12/17/2010 4:08pm
Copy and paste.
ck95
12/17/2010 4:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking...
A couple of guys here with some intelligence!!

Zookpilot, nice 2nd post! Your buddy at One Industries ask you to come on here and poke at the competition?

There's no chance that Chad pretty much designed the graphics himself, so similarities exist because that's the way he wanted the kits designed?

Chad spent a full 8 hour day here at the FX offices laying out the bike with our art team. He had a specific theme in mind, we made it look as he wanted it. He wanted the white based bike, he wanted his logo "ghosted" into the background, and that's what he got. We did over 50 different renditions of his bike , this is the one he liked best.

stillwelding
12/17/2010 4:45pm
As in: Ripoff & Duplicate. Buddy of mine at One Ind is a Designer and sent an image over of the design they did for Chad...

Buddy of mine at One Ind is a Designer and sent an image over of the design they did for Chad Reed at the Australian SX a couple of months ago. I got a chuckle when I logged on today and saw Factory FX's groundbreaking design on the Vital homepage.

'Two Two' background design is used exactly the same on the shrouds and the airbox. With the exception of the sponsors, the design and colorways are basically identical. How hard is it to lay some red/black in over a background that somebody already designed for you?

How do you rip yourself off? Same rider, same team.
goonrider
12/17/2010 6:36pm
They look nothing alike. That's like saying a Ferrari looks like a Lambo. Next...
mxracin
12/17/2010 10:14pm
Hummmmm.... I dont get it .... they look different to me...
Trent179
12/17/2010 10:22pm
Way different looking but why would it matter anyways? A new graphic design should keep him lower over the triples! lol
tobz
12/17/2010 11:21pm
rgmx-49 wrote:
they don't look anything alike you [img]http://gullyborg.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83421dda453ef0120a570e9e8970c-800wi[/img]
they don't look anything alike you
ahaha that got a chuckle from me.
TerryK
12/17/2010 11:30pm
goonrider wrote:
They look nothing alike. That's like saying a Ferrari looks like a Lambo. Next...
I believe its the "ghosted" TwoTwo background that he is referring to. I see the resemblance but I don't see anything more than Chad wanting his team bikes to look a certain way.
Mod Killer
12/18/2010 12:15am
gay thread of the day. congrats one indo.
jeffro503
12/18/2010 12:24am
As in: Ripoff & Duplicate. Buddy of mine at One Ind is a Designer and sent an image over of the design they did for Chad...

Hmmm??.....I dunno man , those two bikes look nothing a like to me.
12/18/2010 5:19am
Sorry Zook but it's time to shout you out.....Sounds like u work for One.......and you are talking trash buddy.
The original TwoTwo logo and pattern were designed and created by FluidPR - an Australian sports media and management company that works very closely with WMG and is owned by one of Chad's close buddies - Matt Cousins. They are the company that have the relationship with Vodafone, Honda Aust and others and supplied all the logos, Vodafone race car pictures and more to One Industries to replicate into a form that would work on the bike. FluidPR also did the new TwoTwo Motorsports logo.........not One Industries.

OC Scottie, Grieby54, ck95 and Red Alert are all correct - it was Chad that directed what he wanted in both designs and actually spent 8hrs in front of a screen at FactoryEffex with a designer to ensure that not only the bike, but truck, tent etc all looked the way HE wanted and reflected the image that he wanted. Got to respect that level of involvement and attention to detail!

So Zook best you and ur imaginary buddy take your R&D, and your tails, and stuff them
between your legs and run along now............like a good little employee...........say hi to Neil!
uk125250
12/18/2010 5:24am
Sorry Zook but it's time to shout you out.....Sounds like u work for One.......and you are talking trash buddy. The original TwoTwo logo and pattern were...
Sorry Zook but it's time to shout you out.....Sounds like u work for One.......and you are talking trash buddy.
The original TwoTwo logo and pattern were designed and created by FluidPR - an Australian sports media and management company that works very closely with WMG and is owned by one of Chad's close buddies - Matt Cousins. They are the company that have the relationship with Vodafone, Honda Aust and others and supplied all the logos, Vodafone race car pictures and more to One Industries to replicate into a form that would work on the bike. FluidPR also did the new TwoTwo Motorsports logo.........not One Industries.

OC Scottie, Grieby54, ck95 and Red Alert are all correct - it was Chad that directed what he wanted in both designs and actually spent 8hrs in front of a screen at FactoryEffex with a designer to ensure that not only the bike, but truck, tent etc all looked the way HE wanted and reflected the image that he wanted. Got to respect that level of involvement and attention to detail!

So Zook best you and ur imaginary buddy take your R&D, and your tails, and stuff them
between your legs and run along now............like a good little employee...........say hi to Neil!
Is this the definition of being " owned"?
ns503
12/18/2010 5:34am
That was about as owned as one could possibly be owned...
12/18/2010 5:36am
You said it not me uk125250.......Unfortunately I need to remain humble.......I'll just call it a king hit using a fist full of truth.
ebers
Fantasy
170th
12/18/2010 5:46am
Sorry Zook but it's time to shout you out.....Sounds like u work for One.......and you are talking trash buddy. The original TwoTwo logo and pattern were...

Hall of Fame post??
herbs906
12/18/2010 6:07am
this thread reminds me of this...

Post a reply to: Check out this R&D

The Latest