Bowers on 22 for sure in Vegas...

berno929
Fantasy
2519th
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 4:49pm
I know it,s been discussed before but I dunno if it was a done deal.
According to his AX mechanic and Bowers is on the 450 entry list... Predictions?

http://www.directmotocross.com/news/features/2014/04/monday-morning-cof…
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/28/2014 11:37am
You mean that thing I mentioned last Friday? Smile
4/28/2014 11:41am
Anythings possible. The guy won last year against the top in the 250 class. Wouldn't count him out for pulling off a crazy win in the 450s this year!
KMC440
4/28/2014 12:26pm
GuyB wrote:
That was soooo three days ago .... pffftttttt Tongue

The Shop

djc
4/28/2014 12:26pm
He could for sure grab another heat race win But a main win I don't think so. It's too bad he can't switch to supercross get cause next season would be a good time to race the 250 class
JeepnMike
4/28/2014 12:39pm
Don't let these guys get to you.. I didn't see the discussion where Bowers was going to be on the 22 either so thank for sharing!
4/28/2014 12:53pm
GuyB wrote:
why would we believe you...
you have credibility and are actually at the races....
that don't fly a around here....
Dx3moto
4/28/2014 2:18pm
9th-12th

I don't see him mixing it up with the big guns in the 450 class just yet.
86honda
4/28/2014 4:57pm
51 vs Bowers? Tickets please!
Darryl916
4/29/2014 10:36am
My opinion is he's gonna get his ass handed to him. And rightfully so. It's it's a lot stacked against you in a move like this at the last round of the season. I also think everyone knows it, including himself but it's a good opportunity to learn. He's manning up, taking his knocks and paying his dues. You gotta respect that.

1. AX to SX is a big deal longer motos, faster speeds and faster guys
2. 250 to 450 is a big deal hanging on to more power and having to ride less aggressive carrying more weight
3. Coming into a season cold with no momentum is difficult when everyone else has rhythm
4. First ride on a new team and new equipment
5. Pressure of only having one shot (very last round) to try to show the world you can hang on the biggest stage
6. Combine all of the above and it's damn hard to finish up front.

Hate to make a prediction but if I had to I'd say there will be signs of brilliance and also a lot of mistakes. I'd put my money on a respectable ride, in thru the LCQ. In the main I say he will be hung up in the Andrew short, Mike Alessi, Justin Brayton, Weston Peick area. 8-10.

That's my prediction. Stamp it.
hvaughn88
4/29/2014 10:39am
Darryl916 wrote:
My opinion is he's gonna get his ass handed to him. And rightfully so. It's it's a lot stacked against you in a move like this...
My opinion is he's gonna get his ass handed to him. And rightfully so. It's it's a lot stacked against you in a move like this at the last round of the season. I also think everyone knows it, including himself but it's a good opportunity to learn. He's manning up, taking his knocks and paying his dues. You gotta respect that.

2. 250 to 450 is a big deal hanging on to more power and having to ride less aggressive carrying more weight
3. Coming into a season cold with no momentum is difficult when everyone else has rhythm
5. Pressure of only having one shot (very last round) to try to show the world you can hang on the biggest stage

Hate to make a prediction but if I had to I'd say there will be signs of brilliance and also a lot of mistakes. I'd put my money on a respectable ride, in thru the LCQ. In the main I say he will be hung up in the Andrew short, Mike Alessi, Justin Brayton, Weston Peick area. 8-10.

I agree with (some of) your points, I just absolutely disagree that getting 8-10 in a 450 main is "getting your ass handed to you"
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/29/2014 10:40am
Darryl916 wrote:
My opinion is he's gonna get his ass handed to him. And rightfully so. It's it's a lot stacked against you in a move like this...

Only on here would a person start with the line "he's gonna get his ass handed to him" and later on say he will have a respectable ride and end up in the 8-10 area... Pinch
Darryl916
4/29/2014 10:42am
Darryl916 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
I agree with (some of) your points, I just absolutely disagree that getting 8-10 in a 450 main is "getting your ass handed to you"
Very valid point sir! Touche.....
SethGator
4/29/2014 10:44am
Darryl916 wrote:

thru the LCQ...Ronnie Stewart isnt even having to advance through the LCQ. Bowers will be in the 4th-7th range.

1. Villopoto
2. Barcia
3. Roczen
4. Dungey
5. Tomac
6. Bowers
Darryl916
4/29/2014 10:50am
Darryl916 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Only on here would a person start with the line "he's gonna get his ass handed to him" and later on say he will have a...
Only on here would a person start with the line "he's gonna get his ass handed to him" and later on say he will have a respectable ride and end up in the 8-10 area... Pinch
I meant he's not gonna be out there kicking ass and taking names like some of his fan boys think. It's gonna be a hellova night for him to say the least.

Only on here do people post just to point out flaws in other posts. Well actually that happens all over the net, never mind. I'm not an English major, journalist, or a freakin editor. I think anyone with a brain can tell what I was getting at. Fuck off! Tongue
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/29/2014 1:00pm
Darryl916 wrote:
I meant he's not gonna be out there kicking ass and taking names like some of his fan boys think. It's gonna be a hellova night...
I meant he's not gonna be out there kicking ass and taking names like some of his fan boys think. It's gonna be a hellova night for him to say the least.

Only on here do people post just to point out flaws in other posts. Well actually that happens all over the net, never mind. I'm not an English major, journalist, or a freakin editor. I think anyone with a brain can tell what I was getting at. Fuck off! Tongue
After reading everything on here all day I have no brain cells left. Laughing Just make a conscious effort to not sound like a basher. Smile
RedRum666
4/29/2014 1:11pm
Darryl916 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
#7 He is not 100% from injuries
IWreckALot
4/29/2014 1:17pm
Darryl916 wrote:

1 - He ran real fast last year in vegas on a 250f.
2 - He's a big boy and can handle a big bike.
3 - See point 1
4 - He's been riding a Kawi and has ridden a 450 Kawi regularly previously
5 - See point 1 again.
6 - Not saying it's going to be a cake walk. But I think he deserves some credit. I too want to see him race Supercross and I don't think he needs to do a 250f round.

And I'm on board for the 51 vs. Bowers battle royale. I think Tyler would punt Barcia's candy ass into the cheap seats. Just my $.02.
dboivin
4/29/2014 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 2:55pm
some of the guys posting here are either new or short memories.

last season everyone said the same thing and he came out and won or ran top 3 consistently after there was 20 posts telling us how supercross is so different that AX and he won't be able to hang.

hes in shape, he can do long motos
he has skills
hes kawasaki/PC familiar
he can punt the best of them

this is a fuckin no brainer for 22. he will have a guy running in the front of the pack and gaining brand exposure. saying he will finish 10-12 area is really, really short sighted...Nick Wey has been finishing in 11th-12th area last half of season, do you think he is no faster than Nick???? (btw i'm Nicks biggest fan and not meaning to beat him up on this). he can run top 5 if he has no issues and gets a start. Hes a robot when it comes to nailing laps down.
BobbyM
4/29/2014 4:47pm
Darryl916 wrote:

Roll another one....
BobbyM
4/29/2014 4:49pm
Darryl916 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Only on here would a person start with the line "he's gonna get his ass handed to him" and later on say he will have a...
Darryl916 wrote:
I meant he's not gonna be out there kicking ass and taking names like some of his fan boys think. It's gonna be a hellova night...

You do know he is the 2nd fastest at the Kawy test track...no?

Post a reply to: Bowers on 22 for sure in Vegas...

The Latest