Best "unbreakable" levers

skyrebel88
I just got a new bike and was wondering what the popular opinion these days for the best unbreakable/ foldable levers were. Its not a matter of if it is a matter of when the stock ones get bent and they will need to be replaced.
Poll

Preferred unbreakable lever

Choices
|
SoCalMX70
8/12/2020 12:21pm
Yup, always liked ARC and that video above sealed the deal for every future purchase of levers.

The Shop

Tenacious P
8/12/2020 1:10pm
Save yourself many Benjamins and buy a $25 CNC set off eBay/Amazon. They bend both ways and work great, just get the silver as anodized color will fade pretty quickly. OR, just loosen the brake and clutch mounts a tiny bit and slip some plastic underneath to let them move around in a crash. Sorry, I can't get behind these name brand levers, it's not a complicated part, why do they cost over $100??
SoCalMX70
8/12/2020 1:32pm
Save yourself many Benjamins and buy a $25 CNC set off eBay/Amazon. They bend both ways and work great, just get the silver as anodized color...
Save yourself many Benjamins and buy a $25 CNC set off eBay/Amazon. They bend both ways and work great, just get the silver as anodized color will fade pretty quickly. OR, just loosen the brake and clutch mounts a tiny bit and slip some plastic underneath to let them move around in a crash. Sorry, I can't get behind these name brand levers, it's not a complicated part, why do they cost over $100??
Haha, if you've seen and used one you would know. Especially the ARC products. I think the Renthal design is pretty good too.

One obvious thing I'll point out about cheap POS ebay levers is that they are SQUARE. There is nothing comfortable about pulling a square lever.
bh
8/12/2020 2:35pm
Arc memlon levers all day. I’ve twisted mine up like a pretzel before and they just go back to original form. And they also have some give for the occasional tree smack in the hare scrambles (open end hand guards). I’ll never run anything else other than arc. Plus bob is really cool.
bh
8/12/2020 2:36pm
Not to mention the arc levers have a lifetime warranty so if you break or bend one you send it back and it’s 15 bucks for a replacement.
8/12/2020 2:40pm
Another vote for Renthal!.
8/12/2020 5:16pm
I've had the same RC8 Arc memlon clutch and perch for about 4 years and used it on 3 different bikes. I wouldn't consider anything else really.
kkawboy14
8/12/2020 8:34pm
I have never broken or bent an ARC lever on any of my bikes
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/12/2020 9:22pm
Sauce96 wrote:
https://youtu.be/ZTVRSTcnNUo

Watch this you’ll never want to run anything else.
We are sponsored by Pro Taper and their products are really good and priced accordingly. Never had a component break from crashing (we've had a bunch and a good few cartwheels). As a mechanic I'm really grateful to be able to run a product that I have 100% faith in.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/12/2020 9:23pm
We are sponsored by Pro Taper and their products are really good and priced
accordingly. Never had a component break from crashing (we've had a bunch and a good few cartwheels). As a mechanic I'm really grateful to be able to run a product that I have 100% faith in.
Tuna
8/13/2020 3:50am
Save yourself many Benjamins and buy a $25 CNC set off eBay/Amazon. They bend both ways and work great, just get the silver as anodized color...
Junk bro. Lever feel sucks, they are not made well. They don’t fit well. The adjustment sucks.
Tuna
8/13/2020 3:52am
mxcrzy wrote:
Sunline V1s are great
Pretty hard to beat ARC. Mine get moved from bike to bike when possible. Even when I change brands I don’t sell them.
I did just get an ASV C6 clutch lever for my Husky I have to try out. I got it for free.
8/13/2020 6:22am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I have never broken or bent an ARC lever on any of my bikes
I have! On my KX250F.

Fell over in the parking lot of the track and bent the lever about 30 deg forward. We tried to bend it back (so we could go riding, having just driven 4 hours to get there) and snap!!!! So, I filed the sharp end off to make it a little bit safer and went riding. Sent the lever back to ARC since it was pretty much brand-new, along with my $15. Three months later... nothing. So I e-mailed AGAIN and this time got a response that it was sitting on the rack and looked like it'd been filed. I explained the story and 2 weeks later, my new/repaired lever showed up. All's well that ended well, but I wish they would've contacted me instead of letting it sit there for so long.

I've never used the Memlon levers but based on the responses here, maybe I will. I just like the fit and KTM adjustment of the ASV levers, plus the fact that I can get shorty levers from them and I love shorty clutch levers.

Post a reply to: Best "unbreakable" levers

The Latest