EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1084th
9/7/2021 6:19am
She looks comfortable... (perhaps a little unstable?) Evil
Dixon893
9/7/2021 6:52am
EZZA 95B wrote:
She looks comfortable... (perhaps a little unstable?) :evil: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/07/508880/s1200_IMG_7603.jpg[/img]
She looks comfortable... (perhaps a little unstable?) Evil
Looks like the majority of the teachers that learned me my English in U.S.A .. HAHA
yak651
Fantasy
220th
9/7/2021 7:11am
Australia is now the sad example, why you should never give away your guns.
McG194 wrote:
How could this post get that many thumbs down, do people like getting their asses kicked by cops?
jemcee wrote:
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown...
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown?
and McG you're saying guns protect you from cops? As in you'd shoot them?

I thought you guys were all about the thin blue line
Back the Blue except when it doesn't fit our agenda
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1084th
9/7/2021 7:16am
Dixon893 wrote:
Looks like the majority of the teachers that learned me my English in U.S.A .. HAHA
Good teachn'

The Shop

wicksy85
Fantasy
1719th
9/7/2021 8:15am
It's a fucking bummer. The Australian government will assist every athlete who are part of the Olympics and pay their way, special privileges for football players to play, travel interstate.

But common people get treated like prisoners
Alan Dove
9/7/2021 8:31am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 8:35am
wicksy85 wrote:
It's a fucking bummer. The Australian government will assist every athlete who are part of the Olympics and pay their way, special privileges for football players...
It's a fucking bummer. The Australian government will assist every athlete who are part of the Olympics and pay their way, special privileges for football players to play, travel interstate.

it's worse than that.... much much worse. What we have done, as being imprisoned citizens, and thus not economically active, almost guarantees a dramatic decline in living standards and life expectancy for the world's poorest. This is a humanitarian crime on a biblical scale because we are petrified of a virus, that while is very nasty (and something I have been OCD about), isn't that bad on a historical standpoint. I would say what we have done is a crime worse than any genocide if we think in pure numbers and life years lost to poverty via economic lockdown/restrictions.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/News/Latest-news-from-LSE/2021/f-June-21/Large-in…

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/sep/06/lost-generat…

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/2/as-extreme-poverty-returns-indi…
Johnny Depp
9/7/2021 8:44am
Shocking Breaking News! Australia is out, totally catches the world by surprise.
Johnny Depp
9/7/2021 8:45am
Alan Dove wrote:
it's worse than that.... much much worse. What we have done, as being imprisoned citizens, and thus not economically active, almost guarantees a dramatic decline in...
it's worse than that.... much much worse. What we have done, as being imprisoned citizens, and thus not economically active, almost guarantees a dramatic decline in living standards and life expectancy for the world's poorest. This is a humanitarian crime on a biblical scale because we are petrified of a virus, that while is very nasty (and something I have been OCD about), isn't that bad on a historical standpoint. I would say what we have done is a crime worse than any genocide if we think in pure numbers and life years lost to poverty via economic lockdown/restrictions.

Alan? Who hacked your account? The thought police are gonna be mad.
Alan Dove
9/7/2021 8:48am
Alan? Who hacked your account? The thought police are gonna be mad.
No one. There's two things I care about in this world

2-stroke and reducing poverty.

McG194
9/7/2021 8:56am
Australia is now the sad example, why you should never give away your guns.
McG194 wrote:
How could this post get that many thumbs down, do people like getting their asses kicked by cops?
jemcee wrote:
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown...
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown?

In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes it does both of those things but it is mostly about protecting us from tyranny. If you don't think that cops beating the hell out of citizens who aren't wearing masks is tyranny I don't know what to tell you.

We are not about "The thin blue line" blindly, we are about the rule of law and citizens having rights.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1719th
9/7/2021 9:00am
wicksy85 wrote:
It's a fucking bummer. The Australian government will assist every athlete who are part of the Olympics and pay their way, special privileges for football players...

Alan Dove wrote:
it's worse than that.... much much worse. What we have done, as being imprisoned citizens, and thus not economically active, almost guarantees a dramatic decline in...

I didn't wanna go into too much detail, feels normal up here in Queensland
bowl
9/7/2021 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 1:45pm
bowl wrote:
When uk opened up thought u guys already at 30k cases a day or something like that.
Alan Dove wrote:
And you'll get there too eventually and you'll lockdown again... and then be in a cycle of lockdowns until your economy collapses (yes governments really are...
And you'll get there too eventually and you'll lockdown again... and then be in a cycle of lockdowns until your economy collapses (yes governments really are that dumb). Australia foreign tourism is as good as dead. I am being totally honest here and blunt - finito, dead, gone.

Coronviruses never go away so you either cultural learn to say "we will just have to live with this" or give up on your life as a free individual.

Covid isn't really that bad. it's very visual because it targets older people, and humans haven't had large populations of 'older people' for that long (100 or so years) so it looks worse than it really is. It barely would have registered in my view 200+ years ago.

Anyway. Good luck getting out of the lock down cycles. Vaccines are not the way out. If UK goes back in then it's game over on that front.
K buddy .
We got most of our over 60*s vaxed and age workers vaxxed before we open up.
Natural our cases will rise once we open, but at least when we open
up ,our starting point will be better then other countries who choose to open up to early..imo
tobz
9/7/2021 4:52pm
Alan Dove wrote:
And you'll get there too eventually and you'll lockdown again... and then be in a cycle of lockdowns until your economy collapses (yes governments really are...
And you'll get there too eventually and you'll lockdown again... and then be in a cycle of lockdowns until your economy collapses (yes governments really are that dumb). Australia foreign tourism is as good as dead. I am being totally honest here and blunt - finito, dead, gone.

Coronviruses never go away so you either cultural learn to say "we will just have to live with this" or give up on your life as a free individual.

Covid isn't really that bad. it's very visual because it targets older people, and humans haven't had large populations of 'older people' for that long (100 or so years) so it looks worse than it really is. It barely would have registered in my view 200+ years ago.

Anyway. Good luck getting out of the lock down cycles. Vaccines are not the way out. If UK goes back in then it's game over on that front.
You’re off your rocker mate. Stay away from the crazy YouTube videos and Twitter accounts.
jemcee
9/7/2021 5:07pm
McG194 wrote:
jemcee wrote:

McG194 wrote:
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes...
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes it does both of those things but it is mostly about protecting us from tyranny. If you don't think that cops beating the hell out of citizens who aren't wearing masks is tyranny I don't know what to tell you.

We are not about "The thin blue line" blindly, we are about the rule of law and citizens having rights.
No no I understand it, I just don't think it's at all relevant! You guys are so divided you'd argue the sky wasn't blue if the 'other side' said it was.. So who decides if it's a tyrannical government? Maybe you think this Government is tyrannical can you rely on the other 164 million (Half for arguments sake) to back you up?

Also who are you gonna be fighting?
Americas finest that's been in another country defending your freedoms? They just gonna say ok boss and oppress yours? The world will never stand by and watch the United States devolve in that way..

What are you watching? Cops aren't beating the hell out of citizens not wearing masks! They were involved in a protest that turned violent about the lockdown laws that was seemingly taken over by anti vax covid denying nutters (not saying all anti vax covid deniers are nutters but these ones were) that were probably not wearing masks, yes..

Yeah not blindly, I guess just depends on who's on the other end of the beating..
MO 23
9/7/2021 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 12:10am
McG194 wrote:
jemcee wrote:

McG194 wrote:
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes...

I think you sadly do not know much about what is happening in Aus, despite having a very strong opinion.

Outside of Melbourne, most Australians had very little time in lockdown last year and up until about June this year. Delta has f**ked us a bit, since and we don't have vaccination rates up to an acceptable rate yet.
We have a geographical advantage, and that combined with shutting borders, and localized lockdowns kept our deaths to around 1000 last year (so there have been some significant upsides to our strategy). whilst almost all citizens had very few restrictions. infact i was going to football games with 80k fans when most of the worlds sports were being played without fans.
Unfortunately we are now where a lot of you guys were 12 months ago. unfortunately some of the strategies we used last year, are not as effective against delta.
We will be fine, and the protests have actually been quite small. most people here support some level of lockdown until we get the vaccinations to an acceptable level. I am currently under a lockdown, it sucks and i am over it. But I personally don't think we should "let it rip" until we have vaccinations up to the 70-80% mark
There have been plenty of protests all around the world, and i don't see a correlation with gun laws.
I saw plenty of much larger protests with confrontation between police (and military) and protesters in the US last year. Were you calling it "tyranny" then? or is it only tyranny when you agree with the protesters?

Here is a newsflash, Covid has caused problems in every corner of the world. It is hard to make everyone happy, rich and safe. Australia is no different, we have done some things great through the pandemic, and some things poorly.

As far as our economy, we are one of just a few developed countries with positive growth from before the pandemic.
So some sectors (tourism etc) are f**ked. most are fine
Our economy is larger now than 2019....so its not all doom and gloom

Its still a pretty f**king great place to live (and that's not to say plenty of other places in the world are not also great)

Not everything is as dramatic as it seems when you look at a 10 second news clip

Now specifically about the statement of "In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment"
That may or may not be true. But in Australia we do not want an equivalent, the vast majority of citizens support our gun laws. we are free to make the laws that we want for our country. just as you are for yours
fanger
9/7/2021 5:35pm
Do you have to pay to get vaccinated in America?
MO 23
9/7/2021 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 5:59pm
It's a bummer we arent going, the Lawrences plus Beaton would have been a badarse team.

But lets not get bogged down in a covid debate.
None of the 3 mentioned above's decision has anything to do with Australia's response to covid.

Sounds like the lawrences are not going because of a Honda decision.
The US is also not sending a team. simple fact is that international travel is difficult at this stage. that applies to everyone sadly
Brad460
Fantasy
746th
9/7/2021 5:47pm
fanger wrote:
No, you now get paid to get vaccinated..
mxpro252
9/7/2021 8:07pm
fanger wrote:
Yes, our tax money funds our government, which then goes to the pharma companies for the shots
9/7/2021 9:30pm
McG194 wrote:
jemcee wrote:

McG194 wrote:

The problem America has, is allowing muppets like you purchase them. No offense to you mate.
9/8/2021 2:53am
Hold on, the proposed Aussie team, Lawrences, and Beaton, are NOT based in Australia at this time... So why does it matter the COVID situation in Australia? Following Pussy USA team strategy? Ass kicked, better not to attend?
bowl
9/8/2021 2:57am
Joshracing wrote:
Hold on, the proposed Aussie team, Lawrences, and Beaton, are NOT based in Australia at this time... So why does it matter the COVID situation in...
Hold on, the proposed Aussie team, Lawrences, and Beaton, are NOT based in Australia at this time... So why does it matter the COVID situation in Australia? Following Pussy USA team strategy? Ass kicked, better not to attend?
Nope
9/8/2021 3:20am
Joshracing wrote:
Hold on, the proposed Aussie team, Lawrences, and Beaton, are NOT based in Australia at this time... So why does it matter the COVID situation in...
bowl wrote:
Nope
So, what's the answer here then? Kind of weird to me!! PR can send a team, others... appears fear of ass whippin!
SilverSpurs
9/8/2021 3:44am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 3:46am
Joshracing wrote:
It's pretty obvious the event is going to be cancelled or greatly diminished and the negatives now outweigh the benefits.
Honda may have kyboshed the Lawrences and MA may have had other Australia based riders, of which there are a few, in mind but where overtaken by covid circumstances.
9/8/2021 3:56am
Joshracing wrote:
It's pretty obvious the event is going to be cancelled or greatly diminished and the negatives now outweigh the benefits. Honda may have kyboshed the Lawrences...
It's pretty obvious the event is going to be cancelled or greatly diminished and the negatives now outweigh the benefits.
Honda may have kyboshed the Lawrences and MA may have had other Australia based riders, of which there are a few, in mind but where overtaken by covid circumstances.
Well done man, decent response.... But still, seems like they're making no effort. This is the pinnacle event in our sport, without question. ALL need to put in the effort. One time per year, this happens. The Americans, and Aussies, sure will be lining up for the Monster Cup, Straight rhythm... but something like MXoN, I feel strongly, especially the Americans, don't like being butchered, which, we know they will. Should be there, it's an incredible event, like no other.
jemcee
9/8/2021 3:57am
Joshracing wrote:
bowl wrote:
Nope
Joshracing wrote:
So, what's the answer here then? Kind of weird to me!! PR can send a team, others... appears fear of ass whippin!
I don't think it's that, we're pretty used to gettin our arse whipped haha
I'd say this year the juice isn't worth the squeeze.. Sucks though
9/8/2021 4:03am
bowl wrote:
Nope
Joshracing wrote:
jemcee wrote:
I don't think it's that, we're pretty used to gettin our arse whipped haha
I'd say this year the juice isn't worth the squeeze.. Sucks though
Sad to hear.... As I wrote, this is an amazing event... everyone needs to make an effort. Olympics, everyone was there, pretty much. May have been a bit shit, but, they made the efforts. We can't let the MXoN become another European only thing... it's the best of our sport, all together, once per year.
SilverSpurs
9/8/2021 4:10am
Joshracing wrote:
It's pretty obvious the event is going to be cancelled or greatly diminished and the negatives now outweigh the benefits. Honda may have kyboshed the Lawrences...
Joshracing wrote:
Well done man, decent response.... But still, seems like they're making no effort. This is the pinnacle event in our sport, without question. ALL need to...
Well done man, decent response.... But still, seems like they're making no effort. This is the pinnacle event in our sport, without question. ALL need to put in the effort. One time per year, this happens. The Americans, and Aussies, sure will be lining up for the Monster Cup, Straight rhythm... but something like MXoN, I feel strongly, especially the Americans, don't like being butchered, which, we know they will. Should be there, it's an incredible event, like no other.
I have the same opinion about MXDN.

I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon.

I was all booked to go to Ernee, France for last years event.
jemcee
9/8/2021 4:17am
Joshracing wrote:
Well done man, decent response.... But still, seems like they're making no effort. This is the pinnacle event in our sport, without question. ALL need to...
I have the same opinion about MXDN. I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon. I was all booked...

I agree with both of you

I went to Manjimup.. I was 13 and it ruled!
9/8/2021 4:35am
Joshracing wrote:
I have the same opinion about MXDN. I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon. I was all booked...

jemcee wrote:
I agree with both of you

I went to Manjimup.. I was 13 and it ruled!
We were just talking about 'why is nothing in Australia'? MXGP.... MXoN. Why not? They do double MXGP's in Thailand, this year, scheduled for BALI.... Why not Australia!! I reckon the Aussies would love it. Maybe the communist government won't allow. 'Stay in your cages'.

Post a reply to: Australia Not Going To MXoN

The Latest