4 Arm strong

Edited Date/Time 3/26/2016 8:17am
So is this real or a scam? Any users have good or bad experiences? I heard Aldon and the designer give their opinions, but I want to hear from somebody who isn't making money off sales.

Thanks,
|
tempura
3/25/2016 5:10pm
This gadget should be a last resort.
In a lot of cases, training, diet and time on the bike is what is needed. Get those aspects of riding honed and there's a strong chance this gadget isn't needed.
Prntscrn
3/25/2016 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2016 5:20pm
yeah can't see how something like that would be nessesary. Either you have a problem for real and need surgery or something or you just need more time on the bike. Focus on riding loose and not grip so hard

Haven't tried it so don't know but that looked sketchy too me. Just a tool for stretching your forearm? If normal stretching doesn't do it I doubt that will..
MX4EVR
3/25/2016 5:33pm
I'm old and I don't get arm pump
As long as I can warm up I'm good
If practice before the moto is short then I get a little tight
Stretching seems to be the best medicine
Also being in the moment not focusing on any life challenges you may have when the gate drops helps also
Practicing all the good body position habits and looking ahead not down
All just basic fundamentals
MXD
3/25/2016 5:55pm
I think to be fair to the product, we should all keep our opinions to ourselves and just leave the responses for people who have tried it. For those people, it either worked or it didn't and those are the only answers that matter. If you didn't try it, your opinion isn't really relevant.

The Shop

tempura
3/25/2016 7:49pm
MXD wrote:
I think to be fair to the product, we should all keep our opinions to ourselves and just leave the responses for people who have tried...
I think to be fair to the product, we should all keep our opinions to ourselves and just leave the responses for people who have tried it. For those people, it either worked or it didn't and those are the only answers that matter. If you didn't try it, your opinion isn't really relevant.
Fair points, and you're right..but.., if you went to any professional personal trainer/fitness coach (including Aldon Baker), they wouldn't first reach for this tool.. They would first correct all weak points in your training and diet, then assess the need for such a tool.
I'm not saying it doesn't work, just there's a high probability the answer is training, technique and diet specific.
500guy
3/25/2016 8:04pm
MXD wrote:
I think to be fair to the product, we should all keep our opinions to ourselves and just leave the responses for people who have tried...
A few members ordered the device, I'm interested in what they report, I have to be honest I thought it was snake oil to begin with but many folks are saying they are getting results.
Jrewing
3/25/2016 8:14pm
Helps with extended Fleshlight sessions.. Honest!
MX558
3/25/2016 9:00pm
Love the the people that never use something can say it doesn't work, typical vitards.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/25/2016 9:06pm
I wrote up my personal experience with it in the other thread. But it's a long thread, so I'll give you the shortened version.

I ride 2-3 times a month, track and desert. I've worked out all my life since I was 12, played multiple sports in HS, including college. I have always suffered from bad arm pump - mainly caused from lifting weights and essentially training my muscles to pump up and get bigger - which is the opposite of what you want in MX. I tried everything - stretching, exercises (per some poster's recommendations), deep tissue massage, and even acupuncture. It all helped a little but I still suffered badly from arm pump - it's an anatomical thing with the myofascial in your forearms (the cause of arm pump). I would literally pump up between 1-2 laps, sometimes even in the first lap. I ride year round and I ride 2-3 times a month, so seat time and comfort on the bike was never my issue.

As a last resort, I bought the device from 4 Arm Strong - I figured what the heck, I drop a couple hundred bones on stupid shit all the time, might as well give it a shot. I used it 3 times the week before my first ride after buying it. I used it right before I rode. The first time out, I saw about an 75-80% reduction in arm pump. I rode the next day and used it again before I rode. This time, I'd say it alleviated 90% of the arm pump issues. This is after only one week of using it. At the end of my second day of riding and using the 4 Arm Strong device, I ripped off 6 of the fastest laps I have ever ridden - which isn't saying much but it was my best. For the first time in my life of riding tracks, my lower body was more sore than my arms, and I was completely winded after the 6 laps as opposed to not being winded at all due to stopping to give my forearms a break. I have been using it now for 3 weeks and will be riding again tomorrow. I can't wait to see how my arms do tomorrow.

If you suffer from arm pump, I would recommend giving the device a try. Everyone is a little different and it works differently for everyone based on your anatomy - there is no guarantee it will work for you. But it certainly worked for me when nothing else had in the past. Again, it comes down to anatomy.

Lastly, I am in no way affiliated with 4 Arm Strong and I have no other agenda other than to give a completely honest personal review. This device worked incredibly well for me. Just my $0.02.
tempura
3/25/2016 9:22pm
MX558 wrote:
Love the the people that never use something can say it doesn't work, typical vitards.
Who is claiming it doesn't work?
3/25/2016 9:25pm
I'm sure it works, but you can get the same or similar effects from wrapping your forearms tightly in their relaxed state.
Nothing new, just a well marketed rendition.
jeffro503
3/25/2016 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2016 9:33pm
Prntscrn wrote:
yeah can't see how something like that would be nessesary. Either you have a problem for real and need surgery or something or you just need...
yeah can't see how something like that would be nessesary. Either you have a problem for real and need surgery or something or you just need more time on the bike. Focus on riding loose and not grip so hard

Haven't tried it so don't know but that looked sketchy too me. Just a tool for stretching your forearm? If normal stretching doesn't do it I doubt that will..
Oh man....you and a few others in here really need to do some reading on exactly what arm pump is , and why some guys get it.

For " some " people , you could be a damned tri-athlete and ride 3 times a week , and still get arm pump. The SURGERY is one of the worst things a rider / racer can do. Within a year your arm pump will be worse than what it was to begin with. Training will NOT get rid of arm pump for some guys.....trust me I know!

I got mine last week. Haven't been able to get on my bike because I need to finish getting it ready. But I have been using the 4arm strong device for the past 4 days. And I can tell you right now that my grip strength itself has improved a LOT and I have never had my forearms feel this loose before in my life.

Edit : Read Tbonespop's reply above if any of you don't believe me. I hope I get at least half of the help that it's given him , and it would be worth every penny to me!
jeffro503
3/25/2016 9:34pm
I'm sure it works, but you can get the same or similar effects from wrapping your forearms tightly in their relaxed state. Nothing new, just a...
I'm sure it works, but you can get the same or similar effects from wrapping your forearms tightly in their relaxed state.
Not true.
jeffro503
3/25/2016 9:41pm
MXD wrote:
tempura wrote:
Fair points, and you're right..but.., if you went to any professional personal trainer/fitness coach (including Aldon Baker), they wouldn't first reach for this tool.. They would...
Fair points, and you're right..but.., if you went to any professional personal trainer/fitness coach (including Aldon Baker), they wouldn't first reach for this tool.. They would first correct all weak points in your training and diet, then assess the need for such a tool.
I'm not saying it doesn't work, just there's a high probability the answer is training, technique and diet specific.
Aldon mentioned that Marvin is one of his riders that simply can not get rid of arm pump. Especially in the arm where he broke his wrist ( I have broken both mine before ). Marvin doesn't ride without using the 4arm strong device at all any more. It's that important to him. Another guy who has benefited greatly from it was Jmart.

Again....without even being able to ride with using the device yet. I have never had my forearms feel like jello and so relaxed before. I can not wait to get back on my bike after using this thing.
3/25/2016 9:48pm
I'm sure it works, but you can get the same or similar effects from wrapping your forearms tightly in their relaxed state. Nothing new, just a...
jeffro503 wrote:
Not true.
I've had two different physical therapist tell me this process, and it does work. Not much different than what the 4arm does.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/25/2016 9:50pm
It's not anywhere near the same as what you wrote. The only thing that compares is deep tissue massage combined with active stretching (at the same time) - ART.

Honestly, I'd say it isn't really that well marketed in my opinion. More substance than pomp IMHO.
jeffro503
3/25/2016 10:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Not true.
I've had two different physical therapist tell me this process, and it does work. Not much different than what the 4arm does.
The wrapping might work for some people , but it never did for me and I tried that as well.

Look , after doing a bunch of reading on arm pump ( not just MX ) , I've come to realize that the fascia tissue which surrounds the forearm muscle is a little different from person to person.

Have any of you guys ever peeled the skin off of a chicken breast? Once you do , do you notice that super thin , almost looks like saran wrap coating over the top of the muscles / meat area? That is a super thin version of what us humans have. So your muscles are wrapped up in something that looks kind of like a plastic bag. When you ride and blood starts pumping through those muscles , the muscle swells....but the fascia doesn't....which constricts the blood flow.

What this 4arm strong devise , it stretches that fascia and will let the muscles swell without cutting off the blood circulation. Very simple idea indeed , but it needs to be used correctly.

" Wrapping " does NOT do this. A deep massage or something similar would help big time and if you have someone there at the track to do this , then great. But who here has their physical therapist go to the track with them?

Am I sure this thing will work for my riding? No. But again , I've tried so many different things in the past 35yrs of racing , and nothing has ever relaxed my forearms the way this device has. I mean nothing.
jeffro503
3/25/2016 10:14pm
I've watched Lee's video on you tube and then came across this one from Aldon. I found his moves that he does actually work pretty damned good. Rotating your arm around and so forth. Stretches in in different ways. Very informational.

Prntscrn
3/26/2016 3:31am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2016 3:35am
jeffro503 wrote:
Oh man....you and a few others in here really need to do some reading on exactly what arm pump is , and why some guys get...
Oh man....you and a few others in here really need to do some reading on exactly what arm pump is , and why some guys get it.

For " some " people , you could be a damned tri-athlete and ride 3 times a week , and still get arm pump. The SURGERY is one of the worst things a rider / racer can do. Within a year your arm pump will be worse than what it was to begin with. Training will NOT get rid of arm pump for some guys.....trust me I know!

I got mine last week. Haven't been able to get on my bike because I need to finish getting it ready. But I have been using the 4arm strong device for the past 4 days. And I can tell you right now that my grip strength itself has improved a LOT and I have never had my forearms feel this loose before in my life.

Edit : Read Tbonespop's reply above if any of you don't believe me. I hope I get at least half of the help that it's given him , and it would be worth every penny to me!
Look bruh I said "you might have a real problem and then you need surgery or something" like I wasn't exactly sure what it takes Wink Yes I don't know what works since mine is gone after a couple of sessions. But I have a friend that never gets rid of it these days, his forearms even get numb by using some of the tools that might give of a little vibration. I don't remember what it's called but surgery has been on the table.
Cadpro18
3/26/2016 4:46am
I have a medical condition in my right elbow and a loss of grip strength in my right hand. My orthopedic surgeon prescribed physical therapy for the condition. The therapist performed the same procedure that you can do using this device. Based on my experience with the therapy, and looking at this device, I think it would be a very effective replacement for a good therapist. Does the therapy help with arm pump?... I don't know, I do have data that shows the therapy regained most of the lost grip strength though.
BMR179
Fantasy
1263rd
3/26/2016 5:55am
I just ordered one. Had a good week at work, so the extra 2 hundred in my pocket is going to 4armstrong. Kind of figured that spending money on my scoot is not going to help with my arm pump, since it has been a problem for 42 years. I'll let ya'll know how it works.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/26/2016 7:03am
So I thought I would reply with a weird story. My son was getting bad calf pump, not arm pump. Yes, you read that right. So bad he was getting compartment syndrome. Against my advice, he wanted the fascia release surgery. Low and behold he got the surgery and he no longer has the problem. Ive been around MX for 30 years and am in family practice and have never heard of the leg issues nor voluntary surgery options (as opposed to mandatory release in compartment syndtome r/t injury).
3/26/2016 8:15am
kzizok wrote:
So I thought I would reply with a weird story. My son was getting bad calf pump, not arm pump. Yes, you read that right. So...
So I thought I would reply with a weird story. My son was getting bad calf pump, not arm pump. Yes, you read that right. So bad he was getting compartment syndrome. Against my advice, he wanted the fascia release surgery. Low and behold he got the surgery and he no longer has the problem. Ive been around MX for 30 years and am in family practice and have never heard of the leg issues nor voluntary surgery options (as opposed to mandatory release in compartment syndtome r/t injury).
I have had the Facia release surgery on both arms(I broke of them both severely). With all the scar tissue I developed Compartment Syndrome. The Facia release helped, but after time my right Facia seemed to closed back up. I have seen therapists about this and do NOT want another surgery. I was asking specifically if anyone used this porduct and their thoughts. True to keyboard warriors, a bunch of people who haven't tried the product are slamming it....

Forearms and Calves have the exact same Facia. Thanks for your response! I think I am going to try the product and see if it helps, I don't expect a miracle but slight relief would make my riding days more fun.
3/26/2016 8:17am
Not if you understand the anatomy of the Facia. My muscles aren't the problem, it's the Facia and Compartment Syndrome.
FIREfish148
10/13/2017 5:55am
Does anyone have any updates on they're 4 arm strong experience? I recently had a elbow injury and have been having crazy arm pump like symptoms but I haven't even been riding it's weird. Only in the arm that I had elbow surgery of course but I'm tired of having to wake up and take ibuprofen to get back to sleep.
Acidreamer
10/13/2017 6:07am
Think of 4 arm strong as a way to stretch your forearm. Not a cure to arm pump.
tempura
10/13/2017 6:21am
Does anyone have any updates on they're 4 arm strong experience? I recently had a elbow injury and have been having crazy arm pump like symptoms...
Does anyone have any updates on they're 4 arm strong experience? I recently had a elbow injury and have been having crazy arm pump like symptoms but I haven't even been riding it's weird. Only in the arm that I had elbow surgery of course but I'm tired of having to wake up and take ibuprofen to get back to sleep.
If I'm remembering correctly, Jeffro wrote somewhere that it didn't work out for him as well as anticipated in the end. Maybe he'll see this and jump in with an update.
I've personally been going through an elbow recovery (after a high speed high side, foolishly with no elbow protection).
It's a slow process... Gotta keep up on the rehab. I went through a stage of severe tendinitis and could hardly grip anything. Religious rehab got me through it, and I'm now back up to speed and can ride full Moto's without issue.
FIREfish148
10/13/2017 1:37pm
Yea that's my problem right now too I'm pretty sure is tendentious. Can't even get a good night sleep without taking some naproxen or something. Fuggit, I'm gonna order one today and see how it goes.

Post a reply to: 4 Arm strong

The Latest