Need help YZ Swingarm conversion

mxteach
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2021 8:15am
I have done the conversion to the swingarm but I have a question for anyone that can help or has done this......

Where can I get a shorter dogbone link?

I am using the Stock YZ250 dog bone with a YZ450 Swingarm.
It makes the rear squat a little too much......

TIA for any help (and yes I have read the other posts on this conversion but i have it all hooked up and working just trying to figure out which dog bone will give the correct ride height)
|
2/15/2021 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2021 6:06pm
I was about to comment on that in your build thread, but then I saw this. What you need is a 143.5mm arm to get it back in stock YZ spec. The only one I know for sure that is 143.5mm is the PC link YPA10450.

Killer build, BTW.

mxteach
2/16/2021 6:12am
I was about to comment on that in your build thread, but then I saw this. What you need is a 143.5mm arm to get it...
I was about to comment on that in your build thread, but then I saw this. What you need is a 143.5mm arm to get it back in stock YZ spec. The only one I know for sure that is 143.5mm is the PC link YPA10450.

Killer build, BTW.

Thanks! That was the direction I needed. Now Quick question do you think stock 450 linkage would work its 142mm?
2/16/2021 8:15am
No, that will jack the back end up too much. Just the opposite of what the YZ pull arm does. I tried running more sag with the 142mm arm, but it seemed to blow thought the stroke, or like the progression was gone.

When I did my first one I tried a bunch of arms and a couple of adjustable arms. If you want to squat the rear a little, like what a longer arm with the stock swingarm and rocker does, then a 144mm arm is about right for that. Personally, I didn't care for that either.

It's pretty amazing how much a slight change in that length affects the bike.

Post a reply to: Need help YZ Swingarm conversion

The Latest