2014 YZ125 Build

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2017 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2017 9:54 PM

Been following other peoples builds so I figured I would post mine up. I had been looking for a newer YZ125 for awhile now before I picked this 2014 up today. Bike appears to be in pretty good shape. Came with FMF pipe and silencer and a few other little things as well. Should be a fun winter project that I am looking to have completed and put back together within the next month or two. Hoping to get it torn down this week and go from there.

Here are a few pictures of how she sits now. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures...
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/6/2017 4:24 PM

Looks like a decent bike to start out with

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

12/7/2017 5:03 PM

Nice bike, any plans on the direction you'd like to go with it?

|

@fiendz.cc

12/7/2017 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2017 9:40 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

Nice bike, any plans on the direction you'd like to go with it?

Plan for right now is to tear it down to the frame and clean it up and replace anything that is worn. Going cerakote inner clutch cover and brake calipers. I am going to be putting a pro circuit exhaust and triple clamps on it along with some other little things. Full Hinson clutch and will be sending the cylinder and head out to be ported. Not sure who I'm going to send it to quite yet. I am also undecided if I am going to update the plastics to the new style yet. That's kind of an overview of my plans for right now. Really looking forward to putting some time on it in the spring!

|

12/7/2017 8:36 PM

If you need to save cash on rockymountain let me know.

|

12/7/2017 9:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2017 9:38 PM

Here's some motivation to go crazy. Carbon tank subframe, gytr engine, works suspension, give your wallet a good talking to lol. Last one isn't done not sure how to change that design to work with black number plates. Thinking of doing one with Rtech shrouds. Yz is an awesome bike, years of experience building these can't go wrong with most engine builders. Watts perfections is suppose to be a good one.
Like your work shop too.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/8/2017 12:24 PM

Wow, nice art work my friend.

|

12/10/2017 8:59 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Here's some motivation to go crazy. Carbon tank subframe, gytr engine, works suspension, give your wallet a good talking to lol. Last one isn't done not sure how to change that design to work with black number plates. Thinking of doing one with Rtech shrouds. Yz is an awesome bike, years of experience building these can't go wrong with most engine builders. Watts perfections is suppose to be a good one.
Like your work shop too.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Artwork looks awesome! Don't think the pockets are quite deep enough to build something to that level...

|

12/10/2017 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2017 9:10 PM

Had a few parts come in the last few days. Haven't made much progress on the bike. Picked up a set of Pro Circuit clamps off of another member. Also had Twinwall and Pro Circuit Ti-2 silencer show up along with some Works Connection parts. Should have some more updates in the next few days. Also, trying to find a Vortex CDI if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of. Photo

|

12/11/2017 1:07 AM

This things looking awesome mate! Similar parts setup to me aswell ?

|

12/11/2017 10:16 AM

thereal87 wrote:

This things looking awesome mate! Similar parts setup to me aswell ?

Yep, your build is definitely what got me inspired to build a 125!

|

12/11/2017 4:38 PM

How come you went with pro circuit over the fmf that was already on the bike? Im curious cus I have a fmf shorty on now and need a new pipe..deciding on wether to go with a fatty or buy pro circuit pipe and silencer. Always went with pro circuit on my other bikes.

And I think the old style plastics looks better. I kept the old style on my 2012 project bike and couldnt be happier, seems like everyone is converting to the newer style.

|

12/11/2017 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2017 4:58 PM

TimR wrote:

How come you went with pro circuit over the fmf that was already on the bike? Im curious cus I have a fmf shorty on now and need a new pipe..deciding on wether to go with a fatty or buy pro circuit pipe and silencer. Always went with pro circuit on my other bikes.

And I think the old style plastics looks better. I kept the old style on my 2012 project bike and couldnt be happier, seems like everyone is converting to the newer style.

Honestly I bought the Pro Circuit stuff quite awhile ago. Always thought the pro circuit pipes ran better than the FMF on 125s. My addiction to carbon and titanium my have played a role in the decision too w00t

Also, I will be selling the FMF Fatty and Shorty if anyone is interested. Going to throw them up in the bazaar in the couple of days.

I am super up in the air on what I am going to do as far as plastics go. Some days I really like the new style stuff, other days not so much. Anyway, I am a little ways from getting plastic so I have some time to decide.

|

12/11/2017 6:24 PM

samcampbell wrote:

Honestly I bought the Pro Circuit stuff quite awhile ago. Always thought the pro circuit pipes ran better than the FMF on 125s. My addiction to carbon and titanium my have played a role in the decision too w00t

Also, I will be selling the FMF Fatty and Shorty if anyone is interested. Going to throw them up in the bazaar in the couple of days.

I am super up in the air on what I am going to do as far as plastics go. Some days I really like the new style stuff, other days not so much. Anyway, I am a little ways from getting plastic so I have some time to decide.

Polisport looks the best imo, as far as restyled plastic goes.

No weird pointy edges like the UFO and Cycra, which I guess some people have issues with pants snagging on when mounting the bike.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

12/12/2017 3:04 AM

samcampbell wrote:

I'm gonna rebuild my 125 and use the the rtech revolution kit...gonna try and make a bit of a replica of their promo bike
Photo

Starting with this..

Photo

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel

12/12/2017 10:34 AM

TimR wrote:

samcampbell wrote:

PJRAUS wrote:

I'm gonna rebuild my 125 and use the the rtech revolution kit...gonna try and make a bit of a replica of their promo bike
Photo

Starting with this..

Photo

Am I strange for thinking that your bike how it currently sits looks way better? tongue

|

12/12/2017 11:35 AM

Dunno but that rtech bike floats my boat!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel

12/12/2017 2:54 PM

TimR wrote:

Am I strange for thinking that your bike how it currently sits looks way better? tongue

Yes.

|

12/13/2017 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 11:53 AM

Loads of choices for the yz in the plastics/graphics department nowadays,stock 02-14 style,ufo restyle,15 onwards style,rtech revolution kit etc, or you can mix and match a bit of everything.i did an 03 yz250 build and kept the original style plastic but in yellow with a clarke tank......then i did a 2011 yz125 build using the ufo restyle plastic with a black gmx aluminium fuel tank.my next one will be using the 15 and up style plastic except for the fuel tank which is carbon fibre and uses 2010-2013 yzf250 radiator shrouds for a different look.... Never know,i may even end up doing an rtech plastics build yz and then i'd have one of each stylesmile ...... Gonna use a shiny pc pipe and ti 2 muffler on the next one too which i already happen to have......anyways check out the pics and good luck with it,whichever way you decide to go,they all look good to me.....

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/13/2017 11:53 AM

smezmx wrote:

Loads of choices for the yz in the plastics/graphics department nowadays,stock 02-14 style,ufo restyle,15 onwards style,rtech revolution kit etc, or you can mix and match a bit of everything.i did an 03 yz250 build and kept the original style plastic but in yellow with a clarke tank......then i did a 2011 yz125 build using the ufo restyle plastic with a black gmx aluminium fuel tank.my next one will be using the 15 and up style plastic except for the fuel tank which is carbon fibre and uses 2010-2013 yzf250 radiator shrouds for a different look.... Never know,i may even end up doing an rtech plastics build yz and then i'd have one of each stylesmile ...... Gonna use a shiny pc pipe and ti 2 muffler on the next one too which i already happen to have......anyways check out the pics and good luck with it,whichever way you decide to go,they all look good to me.....

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Awesome!!!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel

12/19/2017 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 7:47 PM

Things have been a little slow going around here... A 2006 YZ125 came up for sale pretty cheap so I picked it up. Tore it down and replaced some bearings and anything else that needed to be attention. Thinking about either keeping it for some buddies of mine to ride come spring or maybe selling it; not sure yet. Still needs a rear tire and a sprocket but other than that it is ready to ride. It turned out pretty good looking for minimal effort and time invested.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Anyway, after looking at a bunch of bikes I think I am going to run the updated 2015 plastics. Thinking black plastics in the rear and blue in the front which should look pretty good. Also started thinking about what I am going to do for wheels. I have a spare set of stock hubs that I think I am going to take the casting marks off of and have them cerakoted and lace them to up to a set of blue Excel rims. Ordered up some titanium bolts and few other things and will be sending the cylinder and head off to Pro Circuit pretty soon. Should have more updates soon!

|

12/20/2017 1:33 AM

Nooo keep it old school with the older style plastics haha! Either way dude it's going to look sweet, can't wait for updates on wheels. I've got something in mind but I'm always keeping an eye out for ideas for mine

|

12/20/2017 5:43 AM

Photo

Photo

Yz 32:1 build. Modern front retro back. I really like how he did this bike
|

12/20/2017 10:25 AM

Interested to see how it runs after the cylinder work by pro-circuit. When I was a kid I wanted to build a pro circuit 125 so that I could race nationals. I thought as long as I had them do the motor I would be competitive lol!

|

12/20/2017 11:42 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote: Photo

Photo

Yz 32:1 build. Modern front retro back. I really like how he did this bike

Thanks dude, I didn't realise that anyone was following my build. I'm doing a rebuild on the bike again at the moment. I'm going with the old plastics this time with a yzf front guard and plate.

|

12/20/2017 4:49 PM

thereal87 wrote:

Thanks dude, I didn't realise that anyone was following my build. I'm doing a rebuild on the bike again at the moment. I'm going with the old plastics this time with a yzf front guard and plate.

Oh yeah, it's hard to pull of silver wheels but you did a great job with it, the black swingarm sets them off. And I like the direction the new graphics are going

|

12/21/2017 1:43 PM

A little update for you guys... You could say I am a little bit excited w00t

Photo

|

12/22/2017 12:08 AM

That suspension is sick! I wish I could find a 2 piece shock body ?

|

12/22/2017 4:44 AM

This build is going places, 2 bikes, pro circuit engine and clamps. A kit, new wheels, and titanium. Wow, better make sure you throw in some drilled washers with those titanium bolts!

|

12/22/2017 6:18 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

This build is going places, 2 bikes, pro circuit engine and clamps. A kit, new wheels, and titanium. Wow, better make sure you throw in some drilled washers with those titanium bolts!

Ended up selling the 06 yesterday. Figured I didn't need two 125s and it would help me focus on just one bike. The A kit wasn't really in the plans but I haven't seen too many A kits for Yamaha two strokes so when they popped up I knew I had to have them!

|