2009 KTM 250SX "Refresh"

prjeschk
Posts
5
Joined
12/13/2018
Location
Hazelhurst, WI, USA
Edited Date/Time 12/17/2018 7:36am
Recently picked up this 09 250SX on a trade. It already has some decent upgrades and is pretty clean for its age. Haven't had a chance to get it out on the track yet but will likely be doing a budget build/refresh to it here in the near future. Anyone out there still riding an 08-10 250SX and have some input on worthwhile mods? Planning on new plastics(updated front fender/number plate), graphics, seat, possibly pipe, addressing a few small mechanical issues, levers, etc.





|
T-Fish
Posts
3265
Joined
12/14/2009
Location
Sparta, WI, USA
Fantasy
12/15/2018 9:11pm
Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it?
racerhansen
Posts
798
Joined
12/6/2010
Location
Aarhus, DK
12/16/2018 4:47am
Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm insert for higher compression. I've owned almost all 250 SX bikes from 07-18, that engine generation is really strong and pretty much bulletproof
1
prjeschk
Posts
5
Joined
12/13/2018
Location
Hazelhurst, WI, USA
12/16/2018 6:32pm
T-Fish wrote:
Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it?
I acquired it on a trade with some other things included as well. If I put a value on everything, I gave about 2600 for it.
prjeschk
Posts
5
Joined
12/13/2018
Location
Hazelhurst, WI, USA
12/16/2018 6:45pm
Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm...
Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm insert for higher compression. I've owned almost all 250 SX bikes from 07-18, that engine generation is really strong and pretty much bulletproof
It already has the Vforce 4 reed cage. I will look into the cylinder head. I did get it out on the track this weekend, it was fun to ride a two stroke again! I liked the bike, my biggest complaint was how harsh the suspension is, especially the forks. Can a revalve transform them, or are they just harsh by design?

The Shop

prjeschk
Posts
5
Joined
12/13/2018
Location
Hazelhurst, WI, USA
12/16/2018 7:03pm
Did a little disassembling today.


12/17/2018 5:06am
I always liked that gen KTM.
12/17/2018 7:36am
Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm...
Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm insert for higher compression. I've owned almost all 250 SX bikes from 07-18, that engine generation is really strong and pretty much bulletproof
prjeschk wrote:
It already has the Vforce 4 reed cage. I will look into the cylinder head. I did get it out on the track this weekend, it...
It already has the Vforce 4 reed cage. I will look into the cylinder head. I did get it out on the track this weekend, it was fun to ride a two stroke again! I liked the bike, my biggest complaint was how harsh the suspension is, especially the forks. Can a revalve transform them, or are they just harsh by design?
Get a revalve, those are the best forks WP has ever made. I have a pair that I kept from 2013 that I've kept on 3 bikes now.

Post a reply to: 2009 KTM 250SX "Refresh"

The Latest