2009 KTM 250SX "Refresh"

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2018 2:46 PM

Recently picked up this 09 250SX on a trade. It already has some decent upgrades and is pretty clean for its age. Haven't had a chance to get it out on the track yet but will likely be doing a budget build/refresh to it here in the near future. Anyone out there still riding an 08-10 250SX and have some input on worthwhile mods? Planning on new plastics(updated front fender/number plate), graphics, seat, possibly pipe, addressing a few small mechanical issues, levers, etc.

Photo

Photo

|

12/15/2018 9:11 PM

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it?

|

12/16/2018 4:47 AM

Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm insert for higher compression. I've owned almost all 250 SX bikes from 07-18, that engine generation is really strong and pretty much bulletproof

|

12/16/2018 6:32 PM

T-Fish wrote:

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it?

I acquired it on a trade with some other things included as well. If I put a value on everything, I gave about 2600 for it.

|

12/16/2018 6:45 PM

racerhansen wrote:

Looks like a 2010. It has the new triple clamps. Get the updated Vforce 4 reed cage and a VHM cylinder head with the 21.00 ccm insert for higher compression. I've owned almost all 250 SX bikes from 07-18, that engine generation is really strong and pretty much bulletproof

It already has the Vforce 4 reed cage. I will look into the cylinder head. I did get it out on the track this weekend, it was fun to ride a two stroke again! I liked the bike, my biggest complaint was how harsh the suspension is, especially the forks. Can a revalve transform them, or are they just harsh by design?

|

12/16/2018 7:03 PM

Did a little disassembling today.

Photo

|

12/17/2018 5:06 AM

I always liked that gen KTM.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

12/17/2018 7:36 AM

racerhansen wrote:

prjeschk wrote:

It already has the Vforce 4 reed cage. I will look into the cylinder head. I did get it out on the track this weekend, it was fun to ride a two stroke again! I liked the bike, my biggest complaint was how harsh the suspension is, especially the forks. Can a revalve transform them, or are they just harsh by design?

Get a revalve, those are the best forks WP has ever made. I have a pair that I kept from 2013 that I've kept on 3 bikes now.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.