2005 kx125 Finished!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 4:03 PM

this build is about 2.5 years in the making. before the 2 stroke craze really took off. ive always loved 125s so a few years ago i decided i would build one. i loved my cr125s i had in the past, but growing up watching how badass the pro circuit kx's were, i decided to go with the last gen kx for my build. since i knew what bike i was gonna build, i started buying parts right away. after more than a year of searching i finally found a 2005 kx125. this is not gonna be a replica build by any means. just a bike with all the cool parts that i like. i rode the bike a few times, and just recently started building it since i now have pretty much all the parts.

heres how the bike looked as i bought it

Photo

Photo

Photo

since im doing the plastic conversion i wanted to mock it up beforehand

new subframe and tank

Photo

new plastic

Photo

the bike is now at pro circuit getting the motor and suspension done. when i get it back ill tear the rest of it down for powdercoat, then its on to re-assembly.

|

10/14/2018 5:57 PM

Nice I've been waiting to see this since you mentioned it months ago.

|

10/14/2018 7:16 PM

couple go fast goodies

Photo

|

10/14/2018 7:35 PM

DB97 wrote:

Nice I've been waiting to see this since you mentioned it months ago.

how u liking ur 125?

|

10/14/2018 7:48 PM

slamdmini wrote:

how u liking ur 125?

Good so far I only have 2 full ride days on it but it's fun for sure. I got the 19 kx450 at the same time I finished so I ride that mainly. It takes a lot more to ride it fast compared to a 450 makes some jumps a little sketchy haha. I was wondering if you would be willing to sell the oem subframe as well? Last surprise on mine was it was bent...

|

10/23/2018 6:02 PM

back from pro circuit

Photo

Photo

ready for powdercoat

Photo

|

11/10/2018 4:25 PM

got everything back from powdercoat

Photo

new ti pegs

Photo

now im cleaning/polishing everything before it goes back together. i was hoping to have it all together by thanksgiving, but it doesnt look like my clamps will be here in time

|

11/10/2018 5:27 PM

slamdmini wrote:

Photo

new ti pegs

Photo

now im cleaning/polishing everything before it goes back together. i ...more

Looking good, those pegs look gnarly. Are they a buy item or did you have to modify them to fit? I also saw one of the Primo 125's today they look good, was also riding my 125 too haha.

|

11/11/2018 11:45 AM

Nice! I just got an ‘05 KX125 two weeks ago, I searched a while for it too. I got the conversion kit shipping now- I’m just searching for deals on a subframe, gas tank, and airbox. Did you luck out on those parts?

|

11/11/2018 11:51 AM

slamdmini wrote:

Photo

new ti pegs

Photo

now im cleaning/polishing everything before it goes back together. i ...more

DB97 wrote:

Looking good, those pegs look gnarly. Are they a buy item or did you have to modify them to fit? I also saw one of the Primo ...more

i had to modify them, but nothing major.

|

11/11/2018 12:05 PM

Kelz87 wrote:

Nice! I just got an ‘05 KX125 two weeks ago, I searched a while for it too. I got the conversion kit shipping now- I’m just ...more

i bought all new oem parts. yes, it was more expensive, but i knew it would be a longshot finding anything like that, and i didnt want to get something that was used and have it not be in good shape. ac racing sells the subframe for cheaper, but i found enough negative feedback regarding the strength and straightness of the frames that i opted for the oem

|

11/15/2018 8:28 PM

I spent a few nights after work cleaning and shining the motor up before installing the new covers and v-force. slowly starting to get everything together.

Photo

new boyesen covers with some ti bolts

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/16/2018 3:48 AM

Seeing this gives me the itch to build a 125, I'm super keen to see how this one comes out

|

11/16/2018 5:58 AM

slamdmini wrote:

I spent a few nights after work cleaning and shining the motor up before installing the new covers and v-force. slowly ...more

Where did you get the TI bolts? Looks great so far

|

11/16/2018 1:54 PM

WW444 wrote:

Where did you get the TI bolts? Looks great so far

Thanks. I got the ti bolts from a few different sources online. I just searched for the sizes I needed and bought the cheapest ones. If u buy the ones specifically for moto, they will be twice as much.

|

11/17/2018 2:16 AM

Nice build..... guess those Buds pegs are popular. Starting to see them on a bunch of projects.

|

11/21/2018 6:14 PM

Talisker wrote:

Nice build..... guess those Buds pegs are popular. Starting to see them on a bunch of projects.

ya they make them for a number bikes that no one else does, and they look sweet

|

11/27/2018 9:39 PM

got the subframe and airbox mounted, carb rebuilt and mounted

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/1/2019 6:19 PM

not a whole lot new going going on right now. ive been busy with other things and im still waiting on my clamps from pc. i got a few things cerakoted recently, and they turned out awesome.

new brake pedal, brake line, cerakoted and rebuilt master cylinders and calipers

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

hopefully ill get my clamps soon. not really in a rush right now, since i cant put the front end on

|

3/1/2019 6:28 PM

She's gettin all dolled up nice, gonna be fun to ride wink I've been on the hunt for a late gen kx 125 for what seems like forever now. Keep up the good work

|

3/1/2019 6:44 PM

Looks good man. What are you doing now that they have the conversion kit? Still using all the 250f stuff?

|

3/2/2019 9:11 AM

DB97 wrote:

Looks good man. What are you doing now that they have the conversion kit? Still using all the 250f stuff?

ya im gonna use all the new 250f stuff. the tx race kit looks crappy imo. the fit and finish is garbage.

|

3/2/2019 9:19 AM

DB97 wrote:

slamdmini wrote:

ya im gonna use all the new 250f stuff. the tx race kit looks crappy imo. the fit and finish is garbage.

Nice I agree, plus all green plastics look better.

|

3/2/2019 9:57 AM

DB97 wrote:

slamdmini wrote:

DB97 wrote:

Nice I agree, plus all green plastics look better.

yep. as you can see by the pics, i like green. haha. im not a fan of any of those "conversion" kits, (txrace or polisport). they look worse than stock imo. i think if u want a conversion, do it right.

|

3/2/2019 11:37 AM

Harv379 wrote:

She's gettin all dolled up nice, gonna be fun to ride wink I've been on the hunt for a late gen kx 125 for what seems like forever ...more

i kno what u mean. took me a long time to find this one. and they arent getting any cheaper either

|

3/7/2019 1:37 PM

Looking very good so far. Can't wait to see this thing finished. I saw on another kx 125 conversion build, his right side number plate stuck way out due to being molded for 4 stroke cans, does yours do this as well? Just curious

|

3/7/2019 5:07 PM

WW444 wrote:

Looking very good so far. Can't wait to see this thing finished. I saw on another kx 125 conversion build, his right side ...more

thanks. and yes the right side plate sticks out since its just stock 250f plastic. once i get it all together im going to see if there is anyway i can get it in tighter

|

3/31/2019 10:01 AM

slamdmini wrote:

not a whole lot new going going on right now. ive been busy with other things and im still waiting on my clamps from pc. i got ...more

Sure is purty….w00t

|

5/15/2019 6:41 PM

finally got my clamps a few weeks ago, and got the front end on.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

oversized front rotor, cerakoted brakes, and new braided lines

Photo

|

5/15/2019 6:51 PM

Photo

all new flo green plastics

Photo