2004 kx125

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2019 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 1:40 PM

Picked this up for a good price. I am 3rd owner and has clean title. Have some goodies coming in for a mostly cosmetic redo. Black plastics besides the 2018 250f front fender and plate which will be flo green, black levers, grey ODI lock on grips, new top end just installed, new graphics kit with the generic template shown. Will probably order PC works pipe and 304 shorty in a few days. Suspension was done by the local guru. Everything else is mechanically sound! More goodies will be bought in time and I will update.
Photo
Photo

|

1/23/2019 11:46 AM

Sounds like we have the same taste in builds. Here is my 04 that I'm working on . Can't wait to see the progress on yours. Photo

|

1/23/2019 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2019 12:32 PM

WW444 wrote:

Sounds like we have the same taste in builds. Here is my 04 that I'm working on . Can't wait to see the progress on yours. Photo

Ha! Spot on. Definitely want to throw some black rims on mine for sure. Maybe some blue hubs and rad hoses.

Did you have any issues with jetting when you threw the PC on?

|

1/23/2019 12:31 PM

|

1/23/2019 12:54 PM

WW444 wrote:

chewy4063 wrote:

Ha! Spot on. Definitely want to throw some black rims on mine for sure. Maybe some blue hubs and rad hoses.

No but it had the fmf on there when I got it and it didn't run very well. I blew it up first ride so we put a fresh top end in it and it seemed to be running lean. After messing with the jetting a bit we got it right and It has ran great since then. I put the pc pipe on about 2 months ago and it didn't change anything so you should be fine. I wanted blue hubs as well but my buddy was selling his kx125 so we swapped wheels. Next on my list is vforce reeds, clutch and ignition covers, rebuild on the brakes and forks. I also have a new rear shock I need to put on. Mine had some janky rigged up parts on mine as I started replacing things. The old exhaust system was from a 2003 that they had rigged up and so much missing hardware.

|

1/23/2019 1:09 PM

WW444 wrote:

chewy4063 wrote:

WW444 wrote:

No but it had the fmf on there when I got it and it didn't run very well. I blew it up first ride so we put a fresh top end in it and it seemed to be running lean. After messing with the jetting a bit we got it right and It has ran great since then. I put the pc pipe on about 2 months ago and it didn't change anything so you should be fine. I wanted blue hubs as well but my buddy was selling his kx125 so we swapped wheels. Next on my list is vforce reeds, clutch and ignition covers, rebuild on the brakes and forks. I also have a new rear shock I need to put on. Mine had some janky rigged up parts on mine as I started replacing things. The old exhaust system was from a 2003 that they had rigged up and so much missing hardware.

Good to know, thanks! I’ll keep an eye out on your build

|

1/23/2019 1:37 PM

I like seeing these posts since I had an 04 from brand new. Jetting stock is good i had a pro circuit pipe n v3 on mine.

|

1/23/2019 2:00 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

I like seeing these posts since I had an 04 from brand new. Jetting stock is good i had a pro circuit pipe n v3 on mine.

Nice! When I bought it I figured I’d ride it for a little while to get back into MX and then buy a 450. Think I’ll be keeping it next to the 450 now though. Blast to ride and was surprised at the power when you got on the pipe.

|

1/23/2019 2:38 PM

The area the bike lacks is the suspension stock it was off. It stinkbugs stiff in the rear because of the linkage ratio and the forks where initial soft and harsh in the mid stroke.

I bought one of those pro circuit linkages for it that helped some. But if I was to do it all over again I would have spent the cash on revalving.

|

1/23/2019 3:19 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

The area the bike lacks is the suspension stock it was off. It stinkbugs stiff in the rear because of the linkage ratio and the forks where initial soft and harsh in the mid stroke.

I bought one of those pro circuit linkages for it that helped some. But if I was to do it all over again I would have spent the cash on revalving.

Yeah it’s been all redone for my weight. No complaints on the two ride so with it so far.

|

1/24/2019 8:18 AM

I used to have long ago the team green engine mods and it recommended. Raising the tops of the two main exhaust ports 1mm for better top end power.

|

1/24/2019 10:36 AM

Plastics and levers are in. Graphics are being printed and should be here this time next week. Will slap everything on once those come in!
Photo

|

2/2/2019 1:32 PM

Graphics came in today and slapped them on. Probably bolt them on the bike tomorrow. Grips, levers, new clutch perch and blue brake resivoir caps have been put on. Pictures coming soon!

Photo

|

2/2/2019 4:50 PM

Saw this bike for sale on Craigslist. Was thinking about getting it as well! Glad your taking care of it.

|

2/2/2019 4:50 PM

|

2/3/2019 9:50 AM

Love the way the graphics came out. 18 fender bolts straight on which was nice. Hopefully wheels are in the near future! Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/3/2019 9:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2019 9:53 AM

Swing arm decals still need to go on. Right one was a pain due to age so it will have to be done another time when I’m not riding.

|

2/18/2019 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 3:02 PM

Got this in the mail. Will probably end up doing the platinum pipe because I don’t feel like doing the upkeep with the works pipe. Picked up extra top end kit as well. Photo

|

2/18/2019 4:33 PM

Go with the works pipe! I had one on my last 250sx for 4 years and it only took an extra 2 minutes after each wash. Just spray some wd40 on a green scotch brute pad and give it a quick buff. That’s all it takes

|

2/21/2019 7:29 AM

The works pipe does require some work. There is certain spots on mine that are hard to get to so some rust wants to build up after a wash. I love the look and finish but I debated if I should have gotten a platinum.

|

2/21/2019 8:36 AM

Love my 04 KX125 and the works pipe is worth the maintenance!

Photo

|

2/21/2019 11:21 AM

Anaxdlere wrote:

Love my 04 KX125 and the works pipe is worth the maintenance!

Photo

Awesome job on the bike! I agree the works looks a lot better

|

2/21/2019 11:23 AM

Got the 304 on!

Couple more months and I’ll have a garage haha

Photo

|

2/21/2019 10:07 PM

Man I love KX125s, they are such good bikes. I have this 04 I bought and then built I’ll probably never sell. Photo
Photo

|

2/21/2019 11:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2019 11:06 PM

cclay47 wrote:

Man I love KX125s, they are such good bikes. I have this 04 I bought and then built I’ll probably never sell. Photo
Photo

Sweet looking build! Next graphic set will be along the lines that you chose

|

2/22/2019 6:09 AM

cclay47 wrote:

Photo

Do you have abuild thread on yours? Nice build!

|

2/22/2019 1:46 PM

cclay47 wrote:

Photo

WW444 wrote:

Do you have abuild thread on yours? Nice build!

This is it for now. Everything was mechanically sound and clean. May get around to tearing it all the way down eventually though!

|