Converting my 2014 150SX to a 200 (since it needs a bottom end anyway)

vtnewb
Posts
123
Joined
7/16/2021
Location
Northfield, VT, USA

Hey folks,

I've got a very nice set-up 2014 150SX, and in replacing the coil and stator last week I found the crank bearings having some play. Time for a bottom end! I can see I can get a wrench rabbit full motor kit for the same year 2014 200 XC-W. If I can locate a jug/head/pipe/PV that'd be that. 

My first enduro bike was a 200 and I'd love to go back to that for fun.

I see a ton of old half-baked info on this upgrade from years gone by - has anyone done this, and can identify to me any problems I may run into doing this? I'd be using the 150SX cases.

Thanks!

|
10/6/2025 9:39pm

ktm talk will have all your answers, has been done many times. 200sx makes for a fun bike 

bushwackin
Posts
7
Joined
10/12/2025
Location
Moodus, CT, USA
10/12/2025 4:36pm

I did it. You also need different motor mounts for the head if I remember correctly. I forgot what I ended up using. 
I have a 200 cylinder/ power valve, and a bunch of old 200 parts that were destined to the scrap pile. I made this account after I saw your post. I live in ct but I go to nh/ vt, I will be in southern nh next weekend. 

Post a reply to: Converting my 2014 150SX to a 200 (since it needs a bottom end anyway)

The Latest