350 engine swap

cwel11
Posts
2790
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA

Purely hypothetical but curious. How hard would it be to throw the current generation 350 motor in the same current 450 chassis? To my knowledge the frames are the same but I’m guessing there’s other things that would need swapped as well? I would think ecu and exhaust. What about the throttle body? Anyone have any experience or knowledge with this?

|
FGR01
Posts
6150
Joined
10/1/2006
Location
USA
Fantasy
11/10/2024 5:29pm

Throttle body is the same.  Airboot is different.  Engine mount brackets are same.

11/14/2024 3:23pm

airboot, injector, coil, ecu, radiator hoses aswell

1
cwel11
Posts
2790
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
11/15/2024 2:56am

Thank you!

MX558
Posts
1995
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
11/15/2024 5:35pm

I wonder if a 23 up 350 engine would fit in my 22 350 chassis ? 

The Shop

cwel11
Posts
2790
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
11/15/2024 7:00pm
MX558 wrote:

I wonder if a 23 up 350 engine would fit in my 22 350 chassis ? 

I’m guessing no but others could verify this 

FGR01
Posts
6150
Joined
10/1/2006
Location
USA
Fantasy
11/15/2024 7:08pm
MX558 wrote:

I wonder if a 23 up 350 engine would fit in my 22 350 chassis ? 

There's nothing that much better/different to justify the trouble.

MX558
Posts
1995
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
11/15/2024 7:58pm
MX558 wrote:

I wonder if a 23 up 350 engine would fit in my 22 350 chassis ? 

FGR01 wrote:

There's nothing that much better/different to justify the trouble.

Mine 22 has 105 hrs so if they were interchangeable I could up low hr  used engine . 

cwel11
Posts
2790
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
11/16/2024 4:25am
MX558 wrote:

I wonder if a 23 up 350 engine would fit in my 22 350 chassis ? 

FGR01 wrote:

There's nothing that much better/different to justify the trouble.

MX558 wrote:

Mine 22 has 105 hrs so if they were interchangeable I could up low hr  used engine . 

I would think a rebuild would be way more cost effective even if you pay to have it done. 

MX558
Posts
1995
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
11/17/2024 7:53am
FGR01 wrote:

There's nothing that much better/different to justify the trouble.

MX558 wrote:

Mine 22 has 105 hrs so if they were interchangeable I could up low hr  used engine . 

cwel11 wrote:

I would think a rebuild would be way more cost effective even if you pay to have it done. 

That's what I'm debating. Do a rebuild with 366 kit or sell mine back to stock (suspension, clamps and bit parts .) and by new 25 

Post a reply to: 350 engine swap

The Latest