Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
My 2022 KTM 350 XCF map switch keeps going crazy.
it won’t stay in map 2 (green), it will randomly switch back to map one (white) while riding. It has been progressively getting worse as time goes on. At first it was going into map 2 for a while then switching back. Now it will never stay in map 2.
the bike is also beginning to stall at random times (yes, even while on the throttle or in neutral) the map switch will flicker green-white-green-white then stall.
the TC intermittently works as well.
I’ve taken the connectors apart. No issue found.
I’ve traced wires inter seat and behind number plates. No issue found.
I’ve disconnected the battery over night. Didn’t solve the issue.
I’ve checked scan connector for liquid and do greased it. Didn’t solve the issue.
Is there something I’m missing?
I can’t find much information pertaining to this issue so hopefully someone else here has encountered this issue and figured it out.
I have a good map switch from a 2019 KTM 250SXF that I'd sell if you decide to replace yours. PM me for the details.
Did you ever get this resolved? Mine is doing the exact same thing and locked up on me while riding pitching me over the bars.
Seems like traction control and also flipping back and forth and somehow hitting an internal kill switch.
Disconnect that thing. If it runs better, you just need a new map switch. The bike will default to map 1 without the switch (like a GasGas).
I have a buddy who has one that has visible moisture in the transparent icons that light up to show the modes and it doesn't work at all... I think it's power washer related.
His bike also pops and runs like crap.
We plan to swap my map switch onto his bike and see if it corrects the problem, or if there are multiple issues.
His wiring harness looks a little beat up in a few areas. His bike is a 2018.5 RockStar Husky.
Post a reply to: 2022 KTM Map Switch Failure