Posts
164
Joined
12/27/2013
Location
AU
Hi guys
Picked up this 1984 RM250 F I believe it is from a bloke here in Australia.
Looking to restore is the best I can for my old boys 60th, it was the last RM he owned before he quit racing.
I have seen some built here before and just looking for some tips on the build
Maybe places I can find some parts
I have found the swing arm is cracked at the pivot point
But the engine starts runs and I have a heap of spares with the bike.
Any info would be appreciated this is my first older bike build





Great bikes. I have an 83 and 2 84's. Never been started since resto.
You can call me crazy, or stupid...
I think it is an 85 because of the front disc brake. 84 was still drum
Can anyone tell me if these forks are the correct for the RM year
Have a funny feeling they may be off a Honda ?
From what I can gather the 84 RM250 F had a disk brake set up while the E still had the drum
These here are a dual piston brake calliper which leans me to Honda ?

That’s definitely not a suzuki front end mate
The Shop
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
That's an '84, assuming the engine hasn't been painted and the wheels are the stock color. '85s had silver engines and gold wheels.
I concur that the triple clamp, forks and front wheel are not original. The axle clamp looks like a Kawasaki-style to me, although maybe the Hondas did that, too.
84 was a drum front end, had one of those and it was a great bike, looked trick as even stock against the 83, which i also had.
Good luck
Post a reply to: 1984 RM250