San Antonio, Where to ride now that Cycle Ranch is closing?

imtomscott
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 11:41am
I moved a few years ago and am finally going to get a bike. It should be here in a week or two. I was wondering where everyone rides in the San Antonio area?

I messaged the guys over at Cycle Ranch on Facebook and they said they would be closing and their facebook says Permanently closed as well. A bit bummed as that was one of the bigger reasons I wanted to get a bike again. The track looks awesome and is pretty much in our backyard.

I saw Buffalo MX and White Knuckle are in the area too. Are there any private tracks I might be able to join?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom
|
imtomscott
12/7/2015 10:04am
Al, I finally got around to checking out Murphy's. It's a sweet track. Wish it were a bit closer but it's totally worth the drive! Thanks for the suggestion.
Ardfarkl
12/14/2015 7:40pm
Depending on your skill level, Red Rock MX is BAD A$$!! But not for the timid. It is very close to Murphy's. Also ADVMX (Austin Del Valle), right by the airport in Austin.
gavin_may
1/4/2016 3:00pm
If your in San Antonio then Buffalo valley is probably the closest but it's definitely the worst out of the few around central Texas but it's somewhere to ride. I live in New Braunfels and there is nothing within about 50 miles that's decent but i'm hearing rumors that they might be opening A new track in Seguin but im not sure if they are true or not.

The Shop

HackMan162
1/5/2016 3:28pm
Yeah, I have heard the Seguin rumor too. Also, Johnson City MX COULD happen, but it's politcal BS right now. I have ridden on the property, and it has the potential to be the best in Texas, bar none. It has hills, and some pretty steep!
Ardfarkl
1/11/2016 12:12pm
Rumors are better than nothing. A buddy of mine called Iain the other day to inquire about Cycle Ranch. HAven't heard the outcome though.
gavin_may
1/16/2016 11:41am
Cycle ranch will be open On the 23-24 of january. I heard rumors but I found A post on their facebook saying that they are having A ride day on the 23-24. Im for sure not going to miss it

Post a reply to: San Antonio, Where to ride now that Cycle Ranch is closing?

The Latest