stuck rw adjuster bolt

Its169
Posts
36
Joined
11/30/2015
Location
Australia and, TX, USA
The adjuster/chain tensioner bolt is froze in the swing arm. What is the best way to unfreeze. I have lent on it with a socket and t handle but I don't want snap bold or strip thread in swingarm. I have used wd40 but no heat yet. What are your methods. And will a turbo torch melt the aluminum? Thanks.
|
imoto34
Posts
3786
Joined
1/28/2010
Location
USA
2/15/2017 3:59pm
PB Blaster. I have used a impact driver to help break it free.
Paw Paw 271
Posts
3632
Joined
4/3/2013
Location
Benton, LA, USA
2/15/2017 4:04pm
Ok, first off what bike? Some swings arms this will not work on, but.....
You see some swings arms can be drilled above the adjuster bolt and PB Blaster can be applied in the swing arm to help break it loose. I have done it on several occasions on others bike and got it out with out trama.
You will need to use anti sieze on the new bolts when you install them to keep this from happening again in the future.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: stuck rw adjuster bolt

The Latest