Thoughts on “fork wraps”?

Alec138
Thought of getting a set for my forks to make them look better and protect them. I see a few companies make carbon fiber ones that arent too expensive. Which brand holds up the best? Also is it true they can get dirt behind them and grind the dirt on the upper tubes causing damage? I hear some people complain about that...? If thats true, could i put a piece of weather stripping around the top and bottom and zip tie them keeping dirt out? How about washing the bike? Water get behind them?

I know you have to remove your forks to put them on...
|
mxb2
9/25/2018 8:56pm
Zeta makes a good cf set, no need to remove forks either. Enough flex to slide them over the tubes. Easy removal to clean.. or put a thin piece of foam or rubber underneath to prevent scratching. I also put black electric tape. , Top and bottom. To prevent from moving. Add fork decals. Looks pretty good. Imo.
Alec138
9/25/2018 9:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
Zeta makes a good cf set, no need to remove forks either. Enough flex to slide them over the tubes. Easy removal to clean.. or put...
Zeta makes a good cf set, no need to remove forks either. Enough flex to slide them over the tubes. Easy removal to clean.. or put a thin piece of foam or rubber underneath to prevent scratching. I also put black electric tape. , Top and bottom. To prevent from moving. Add fork decals. Looks pretty good. Imo.
Saw those as well. Ive always heard they were so stiff if you try to clip them on the forks they will snap. At least what p3 ones says which i assumed all of them were made similar. Got any pics?
mxb2
9/25/2018 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 9:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
Zeta makes a good cf set, no need to remove forks either. Enough flex to slide them over the tubes. Easy removal to clean.. or put...
Alec138 wrote:
Saw those as well. Ive always heard they were so stiff if you try to clip them on the forks they will snap. At least what...
Saw those as well. Ive always heard they were so stiff if you try to clip them on the forks they will snap. At least what p3 ones says which i assumed all of them were made similar. Got any pics?
I never have snapped any,. Take your time , pull apart , slide over. Very simple
mxracer666
9/25/2018 10:03pm
The carbon fiber fork wraps work awesome! I have 3 sets of them, from different companies ( but have not tried the P3 ones). They have been taken on/off for years from bike to bike and not snapped. For sure they need to come off each time you wash the bike, as water/dirt gets behind them. As mxb2 said, put a wrap of electrical tape at top and bottom to give them something to grip to and dont rush it. Some of them might be a little long for a specific bike/fork and you can just trim the length with a good tin snips.

The Shop

mxb2
9/26/2018 9:42am
mxracer666 wrote:
The carbon fiber fork wraps work awesome! I have 3 sets of them, from different companies ( but have not tried the P3 ones). They have...
The carbon fiber fork wraps work awesome! I have 3 sets of them, from different companies ( but have not tried the P3 ones). They have been taken on/off for years from bike to bike and not snapped. For sure they need to come off each time you wash the bike, as water/dirt gets behind them. As mxb2 said, put a wrap of electrical tape at top and bottom to give them something to grip to and dont rush it. Some of them might be a little long for a specific bike/fork and you can just trim the length with a good tin snips.
X2
FahQ
9/26/2018 3:45pm
Forkshrink
They are from the UK
They heat shrink on

Post a reply to: Thoughts on “fork wraps”?

The Latest