Primary Drive Stuff Good?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2018 12:46 PM

I need honest reviews as I am looking for new sprockets and chain for my bike as mine are starting to go...

I can get both sprockets and x ring chain for around $120 shipped from RMATV. Reviews on everything seem to be highly rated.

Bike they are going on is a yz250 that sees only woods.

|

10/16/2018 12:49 PM

relax with making so many posts...…

Primary drive is decent. look at the reviews on RMATV

|

10/16/2018 12:54 PM

fourfourone wrote:

relax with making so many posts...…

Primary drive is decent. look at the reviews on RMATV

I have my brother on here who uses my pc and account to research stuff. We both have yz’s if it looks like the posts from earlier. He was doing some motor work on his bike i think while i was gone.

|

10/16/2018 4:12 PM

I bought their gold chain and sprockets for my kx250 and 450. The chain links dont stay together. I went through 3 chains from primary drive. Switched to DID and havent had issues. Their sprockets are good. Mine have 30ish hours and still look brand new.

|

10/16/2018 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 4:20 PM

kb228 wrote:

I bought their gold chain and sprockets for my kx250 and 450. The chain links dont stay together. I went through 3 chains from primary drive. Switched to DID and havent had issues. Their sprockets are good. Mine have 30ish hours and still look brand new.

I currently have front/rear sprockets from primary drive with a srt 520 gold chain. We put primary drive rear sprocket on my dads old crf480 and it still looks great. What did chain? I was looking for something i dont have to adjust but once after its on and maybe again after a season or something. My dad bought these $100 chains from the bike shop (tucker rocky brand or something) and they have been amazing as far as needing no adjustments.

|

10/16/2018 4:25 PM

kb228 wrote:

Alec138 wrote:

I currently have front/rear sprockets from primary drive with a srt 520 gold chain. We put primary drive rear sprocket on my dads old crf480 and it still looks great. What did chain? I was looking for something i dont have to adjust but once after its on and maybe again after a season or something. My dad bought these $100 chains from the bike shop (tucker rocky brand or something) and they have been amazing as far as needing no adjustments.

IIRC i got the did vrt2 with a master link. Same type i have on my gsxr600. Was $80 or so from RM. on all 3 of my bikes i rode them once, readjusted the chain and that was that. My gsxr has over a hundred hours on the chain and ive never had to adjust it. Granted its cleaner.. the 250 has 15-20 hours on it and it hasnt needed adjusted. 450 has 30-40

|

10/16/2018 4:32 PM

kb228 wrote:

Alec138 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

IIRC i got the did vrt2 with a master link. Same type i have on my gsxr600. Was $80 or so from RM. on all 3 of my bikes i rode them once, readjusted the chain and that was that. My gsxr has over a hundred hours on the chain and ive never had to adjust it. Granted its cleaner.. the 250 has 15-20 hours on it and it hasnt needed adjusted. 450 has 30-40

Searching for vrt2 chain and cant find it? Mind linking it from rmatv?

|

10/16/2018 4:50 PM

DID VT2 Narrow ring chain.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/16/2018 5:50 PM

I use there o-ring chains with very good results on my 450's. Good stuff at a very good price.

Paw Paw

|

10/16/2018 7:56 PM

Alec138 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Alec138 wrote:

Searching for vrt2 chain and cant find it? Mind linking it from rmatv?

I should probably look up what i got before typing random model numbers....

Heres what i have on my bikes.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/958/38203/DID-520VX2-Gold-X-RING-Road-Chain

|