Cr85 spooge?

AxelC43
Hello, i have a problem with a cr85 that my buddy asked me too work on. When i first got it it didnt run and needed a clutch. Well after i did all of the clutch parts and went over the carb it would idle fine and run pretty but bog right before powerband and alot of spooge would come out of exhaust just idling. This was not regular spooge though its a lot thinner i believe its raw gas anyway i was able to find a leak near the reeds. To my understanding though it should only suck in air through the reeds and not push it out. Correct? So im at a loss with this bike it idles fine and runs pretty good but the spooge is definitely not supposed to be like that. Any input would be appreciated. Thx
|
5/22/2020 1:30am
Your reeds suck air AND gas/oil mixture. It is a one way valve, allows flow into motor but not back towards carb.

Your spooge and bog could be related or not at all but too separate issues. Usually lean is described as a bog, rich a stumble with fouled plugs or excessive spooge.

Could be air leak, could be jetting, could be carb, could be any number of things from main seals to worn out top end. Test for all to eliminate possibilities and then repair accordingly.
Hondas4Life3
5/22/2020 4:56am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2020 4:57am
If there is raw gas and enough of it to leak out the reeds it sounds like the carburetor float issue. But as captain stated it could be a number of things.
AxelC43
5/22/2020 10:02am
https://youtu.be/kp2W53zoUwc
Thats a video of my air leak which shouldn't be there clearly and also to clarify it really isnt spooge its black but alot more watery and starts dripping as soon as i start it.

Post a reply to: Cr85 spooge?

The Latest