Cone valve problems weird noise

I was out riding yesterday and went to adjust my fork height and ended up taking my forks fully off the bike, anyway I heard a funny noise and as if the spring is hitting the top cap ?

If I took the forks off and tapped them on the ground (was on the grass) you can hear the spring hitting the top cap on both forks ? I wound it out all the way counterclockwise and then in 2 and still does it.

I’m on a 2021 fc250 and had to have these forks modified to be 10mm shorter because I had these on a 2019 ktm250sxf.

Anyone know what this could be ? Snapped springs? Hopefully not damaged internally to badly.
|
6/20/2021 4:37am
If I shook my cone valves a little I got a rattle similar to what you describe, although only side to side. I didn't worry about it, just assumed there was no pressure on the spring so it was able to move a little.
I also had the forks apart and didn't see any damage inside.

You could unscrew the top cap and slide the outer tube down to see if there is any damage, keep it upright so you don't lose any oil.
sandman768
Posts
8249
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
6/22/2021 8:11am
I broke a spring in mine, if 1 fork is sagging lower than the other, need to open them up.

Post a reply to: Cone valve problems weird noise

The Latest