Bent bars

rmstrg
Posts
52
Joined
8/14/2015
Location
Waterloo, IA, USA
Hey guys I have a 16 ktm 350 sxf, I had a very slow speed slide out yesterday and when I picked up the bike I noticed that the bars on throttle side were bent quite a bit in the grip area. Are the factory bars known to be soft and what is everyone running as far as brand, bend and such. thanks!
|
6/11/2017 3:05pm
Factory bars are the same as what you get aftermarket, but shit happens and cartwheeling the bike might not bend bars, but dropping it will.

I run the Renthal Twinwalls with the 918 bend.
rmstrg
Posts
52
Joined
8/14/2015
Location
Waterloo, IA, USA
6/11/2017 4:18pm
Your right, just have gotten so used to the new vs old bikes where it all just works and doesn't break, was just really surprising to see that they bent under a small low speed tip over.
chump6784
Posts
1776
Joined
5/9/2011
Location
AU
6/11/2017 9:08pm
Ktm's run Fatbars don't they? I have Fatbars on my yz and have had some decent, over the bars crashes lately and haven't even tweaked them. I think you just got unlucky.
I remember when bikes came stock with painted steel bars that bent just looking at them
CarlinoJoeVideo
Posts
7517
Joined
11/30/2013
Location
Portland/Los Angeles, CA, USA
6/11/2017 9:47pm
I've been running the same KTM bars for 2 years now. Maybe just a weird way your bike went down.

Are the bars actually bent or just twisted in the clamps?

The Shop

HenryA
Posts
3783
Joined
12/29/2011
Location
Stockholm, SE
6/11/2017 11:18pm
You could always run Twinwalls if you're looking for something more rigid
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
6/12/2017 6:05am
I've been running the same KTM bars for 2 years now. Maybe just a weird way your bike went down. Are the bars actually bent or...
I've been running the same KTM bars for 2 years now. Maybe just a weird way your bike went down.

Are the bars actually bent or just twisted in the clamps?
This, x2 My buddy has a new husky, bars were bent and the oem mounts,. They.twist easy like the older crfs did. He bought new bars and the x trig system bar mounts, oem specs. Perfect now.
rmstrg
Posts
52
Joined
8/14/2015
Location
Waterloo, IA, USA
6/12/2017 7:06am
I took everything apart and actually removed the forks and clamps to grease the steering bearings. They bent on throttle side right by map switch. I can't remember the last time I bent a set of bars that's why I posted, just unlucky slide out.

Post a reply to: Bent bars

The Latest