2018xcf 350 won't start

poomero
I made a huge mistake and didn't the the air boot back on and I took my bike out. It ran great until it didn't. I got home pulled the motor out and started to dissect. The valves had dirt in them and were not seating all the way. I cleared the dirt out when I took the head off and and now they close all the way. I checked out the cylinder and Piston and there in great shape. It doesn't look like any dirt got in the cylinder so I can't imagine anything went in the bottom end. I reassembled everything and the bike still won't fire up.

I have no idea what can be won't so any input would be greatly appreciated.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/11/2019 10:21pm
I’d check the rings aren’t stuck on the piston.

Did you pull the valve springs and clean everything?

Valve gap.

Check compression or leak down.

Flush bottom end with oil.

New spark plug.
12/12/2019 4:16pm
I would suggest new valves, and have someone cut seats, if you rode it any decent amount of time like that there shot along with the seats, if you could see any dirt or any material visually there junk, if you do have it back together you could do a leak down test and see if there sealing, if there not you will hear air escaping.
kb228
12/13/2019 6:55am
I’d check the rings aren’t stuck on the piston. Did you pull the valve springs and clean everything? Valve gap. Check compression or leak down. Flush...
I’d check the rings aren’t stuck on the piston.

Did you pull the valve springs and clean everything?

Valve gap.

Check compression or leak down.

Flush bottom end with oil.

New spark plug.
x2 on all of this. Also make sure valves are sealing.
poomero
12/13/2019 7:58am
I would suggest new valves, and have someone cut seats, if you rode it any decent amount of time like that there shot along with the...
I would suggest new valves, and have someone cut seats, if you rode it any decent amount of time like that there shot along with the seats, if you could see any dirt or any material visually there junk, if you do have it back together you could do a leak down test and see if there sealing, if there not you will hear air escaping.
I am going to put the new valves in and see what that does. I this the cutting the seats is a good idea also.

Post a reply to: 2018xcf 350 won't start

The Latest