2017 YZ250F Map Database

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2017 6:44 AM

I just purchased a '17 YZ250F. I have been looking around for pipe, fuel and mapping recommendations to mostly no avail. For some reason the '17 owners are either not mapping or keeping their info close to the chest. I have found some maps for the '16 model, but due to the differences in engine power characteristics, I figure those maps are not worth considering at this time. Although I may try some in the future.

What I will do, with the collective knowledge of Vital, in my second post, collect all of the data that you post & put it there.That way it will be easily accessible to peeps looking for either hop up suggestions or maps or even what fuel to use.

If you would when you respond, please post:

A.) Rider classification
B.) Fuel
C.) Pipe
D.) Engine Mods
E.) Other mods of note (gearing, powerflow, filter, etc.).
F.) Map
G. Comments

|

A big thanks goes out to Donnie at Morgantown Powersports and RJ at Beaver Creek Cycles

7/15/2017 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2017 6:58 AM

I will start with what I have found so far on the interwebs...

2017 YZ250F Suggested Baseline Map from Yamaha's website

A.) Rider classification
B.) PREMIUM PUMP GAS
C.) STOCK PIPE
D.) Engine Mods STOCK
E.) Other mods of note (gearing, powerflow, filter, etc.).
F.) Map

Hard Hitting /Loamy Conditions
FUEL
-2 -1 0
-1 -2 -2
-1 -1 -1

IGNITION
+1 -1 -2
+2 +2 +2
+2 +2 +2
Quick Revving. Stronger pulling, mid/top RPM.

Smooth Linear/ Slippery Conditions
FUEL
+1 +2 0
+2 +3 +1
+1 +3 +2

IGNITION
+2 +1 -1
+2 +2 +2
+1 +2 0
Smooth power delivery. Controllable low RPM power with strong pulling feel.

G. Comments

|

A big thanks goes out to Donnie at Morgantown Powersports and RJ at Beaver Creek Cycles

7/15/2017 7:40 AM

check out DH1 mods in ohio..can do incredible things with electronics...check them out on instagram..he does my son's pro bike...stock ktm 250...pro6 fuel..ti exhaust..few other goodies...huge improvement over stock with electronics

|

7/15/2017 5:25 PM

I tried the maps Yamaha provided and didn't like any of them compared to the stock map.

I was running Cycra shrouds, Power flow air filter kit, 50 tooth rear sprocket, FMF 4.1 Exhaust and U4.4 fuel with no engine mods.

The stock map seemed to have the most power every where and with the fuel it made a good bit of difference throughout the power range.

|

8/1/2017 10:55 AM

IceMan446 wrote:

I tried the maps Yamaha provided and didn't like any of them compared to the stock map.

I was running Cycra shrouds, Power flow air filter kit, 50 tooth rear sprocket, FMF 4.1 Exhaust and U4.4 fuel with no engine mods.

The stock map seemed to have the most power every where and with the fuel it made a good bit of difference throughout the power range.

IceMan - I'm running almost the same setup with the 4.1 and flowing more air with the Cycra kit, screen elim & 50/50 fuel

Looking to find another setting.. especially with more air in and exhaust. Like to hear some tuners/test riders chime in or point us toward some solid 2017 YZ250F map testing results.

|

7/11/2018 6:17 AM

Bump...

|

7/13/2018 1:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2018 8:36 AM

2016 Yz250f,Rebuilt with Kw flat top Ti valves, Prox rod,Vertex piston, Stock exhaust, Filter screen delete , slightly cut cylinder /head, stock gearing,u4.4. William's Motorwerx drop in cams. I believe it was one of Jesse's maps but he had to add fuel across the board. My son is a fast SoCal " novice " .
Photo

|

7/13/2018 7:01 AM

Thanks for the info

|

7/13/2018 7:03 AM

Photo
|

7/13/2018 7:03 AM

Photo
|

7/13/2018 7:09 AM

Photo

I added +1 across the board on FI for this map and it ran well on my 17 with stock motor, full yoshi, and MR12.
|

7/13/2018 8:22 AM

walent215 wrote:

2016 Yz250f,Rebuilt with Kw flat top Ti valves, Prox rod,Vertex piston, Stock exhaust, Filter screen delete , slightly cut cylinder /head, stock gearing,u4.4. William's Motorwerx drop in cams. I believe it was one of Jesse's maps but he had to add fuel across the board. My son is a fast SoCal " novice " .
Photo

Nice Chris, I shoulda hit you up on Proride for info. Lots of fuel on that map!

I think I need more fuel across the board with the extra air I'm flowing. Cycra powerflow kit, screen elim , vented ft plate and FMF Ti4 slip.

|

7/13/2018 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2018 8:33 AM

walent215 wrote:

Photo

RiverockMX wrote:

Nice Chris, I shoulda hit you up on Proride for info. Lots of fuel on that map!

I think I need more fuel across the board with the extra air I'm flowing. Cycra powerflow kit, screen elim , vented ft plate and FMF Ti4 slip.

ya....his bike was really lean ( lots of decel pop) anywhere he rode. Last time he was at milestone he called me and said it was really bad so I just had him run the fuel up across the board. hes much happier with it now. He rides it very hard so I'd rather it have too much fuel than not enough.... I bought those cycra shrouds but he didnt like the fitment so now they sit....lol...I even bought the fasteners but he just wasnt havin it...

|

7/13/2018 8:51 AM

Oh man, the Cycra's were one of the best things I did.. slimmer, cleaner look. Little patience for the install all U need.

Photo

|

7/13/2018 10:28 AM

RiverockMX wrote:

Oh man, the Cycra's were one of the best things I did.. slimmer, cleaner look. Little patience for the install all U need.

Photo

ya I'm sure if I took a few minutes it wouldn't be an issue...hes really busy...lol

|