Clutch question

Edited Date/Time 9/12/2015 5:36pm
On a budget with a 2014 kx250f so I wanted to know do you have to get the complete clutch or can you get the main parts to add to the stock clutch or do you know any other grade A alternatives?
|
Paw Paw 271
Posts
3632
Joined
4/3/2013
Location
Benton, LA, USA
9/10/2015 6:35pm
If yours is working good, don't waste the money. Plates and disk can be purchased and used if there is an issue.
The hub and basket are very good replacements if your are notched or damaged, but only then.

Paw Paw
Jakes Dad
Posts
1864
Joined
6/22/2009
Location
Brooksville, FL, USA
9/12/2015 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2015 4:57pm
Put a Tusk kit in Jake's 14' KX450, figured it'd be good for a race or two. Few months now still as good as the day it went in. $54 on ebay. He still rides the damn thing like his 250 2 stroke, which doesn't help.
MaxPower
Posts
2703
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
9/12/2015 5:36pm
It's good to hear of an aftermarket company making plates worth buying. I haven't, nor has anyone I have known had positive experience neither.
Cant go wrong with OEM parts.
Billet baskets are worth buying when needed
I don't know where the heads of some of these companies are at. Every single aftermarket clutch spring set ive come across belong in a worked F350 4x4 because they are so stiff.
I installed 3 oem and 3 Barnett springs in my kx125. The pull was stiffer than a CR500
Yes you can replace what is worn. It's not like a chain and sprockets where you have to replace every thing at one time

Post a reply to: Clutch question

The Latest