'10 yz450 lurch ?

70sSuperstar
Posts
193
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Knoxville, TN, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:43am
while idling from the pits to the track in 1st gear. ive tried different maps, adjusting idle. really feel like a goon on day one. any advise tips?
|
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
11/19/2010 4:29pm
Looks like they overcorrected the previous problem with bogging.....lol
ThePipe
Posts
1834
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Hell WI pop 1, WI, USA
11/19/2010 4:36pm
Motodrew295
Posts
1025
Joined
5/2/2008
Location
Kennewick, WA, USA
11/19/2010 5:38pm
I've noticed this too. Super hard to keep it steady. Its either on or off. I'm using the original map, and thought maybe that was the problem. Guess we just have to deal with it? or just rip through the pits on 3rd WFO.
70sSuperstar
Posts
193
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Knoxville, TN, USA
11/19/2010 5:49pm
I've noticed this too. Super hard to keep it steady. Its either on or off. I'm using the original map, and thought maybe that was the...
I've noticed this too. Super hard to keep it steady. Its either on or off. I'm using the original map, and thought maybe that was the problem. Guess we just have to deal with it? or just rip through the pits on 3rd WFO.
i was hoping jesse or another smart tuner might have a tip. i hate looking like a total ned, whiskey throttle through the pit area.

The Shop

jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
11/19/2010 6:34pm
I think the stock map was "3" correct? I had a guy up at mtn view MX switch mine over to #4 I think? Either way....it was only one number away from the stock map setting , and it seemed to help quite a bit. I also bumped my idle up a couple clicks and that seemed to help it to.
11/19/2010 6:38pm
It's the throttle blade position and air bypass.

Map won't fix prob... Unfortunately re-working whole carb will.. like a $225 fix.
JOHN CHOATE
Posts
2024
Joined
9/18/2008
Location
Dallas, NC, USA
11/19/2010 6:51pm
It's the throttle blade position and air bypass.

Map won't fix prob... Unfortunately re-working whole carb will.. like a $225 fix.
throttle body
11/19/2010 7:37pm
It's the throttle blade position and air bypass.

Map won't fix prob... Unfortunately re-working whole carb will.. like a $225 fix.
throttle body
LOL, I still haven't gotten used to calling it that!
LouDog
Posts
709
Joined
11/8/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
11/19/2010 7:37pm
Talk to Wade at injectioneering 310-953-2915
look out below
Posts
4208
Joined
12/23/2009
Location
Grain Valley, MO, USA
11/19/2010 7:50pm
I have only ridden mine once and it does the same thing. I also notice it was easier to stall than my '07.
mxrulez
Posts
52
Joined
5/11/2008
Location
Adelaide, AU
11/19/2010 9:25pm
maybe try 2nd or 3rd gear, most bike can still go at walking speed in 2nd and it might take some of the sensitivity out
70sSuperstar
Posts
193
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Knoxville, TN, USA
11/20/2010 1:34am
thanks for all.
wow123
Posts
1162
Joined
4/27/2010
Location
AX
11/20/2010 2:57am
Clutch?

Post a reply to: '10 yz450 lurch ?

The Latest