GNCC Racing Question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2017 12:27 PM

Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I would like to attempt to do this series but I don't think I could do the first 3-4 rounds because a) they are too far for me and b) it's frozen tundra for me at that time of the year. I would not be in riding shape that's for sure.

|

11/4/2017 8:25 AM

I'm not sure about the throw aways.
I would say if I had ANY chance to ride/race ANY GNCC race...I'd take it.
I'm an occasional racer if a good opportunity comes up, was able to race the GNCC at Loretta Lynns a couple years back, it was a blast.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior



11/4/2017 1:43 PM

Steadman wrote:

Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I would like to attempt to do this series but I don't think I could do the first 3-4 rounds because a) they are too far for me and b) it's frozen tundra for me at that time of the year. I would not be in riding shape that's for sure.

You have 4 throwaways. You must compete in 9 events to qualify for a year end award. Those 9 events must be in the same discipline (quad or bike), but they don't have to be in the same class. Example: I could have run 7 rounds in 40+B, and 2 rounds in 45+B, and still qualified for a award in 40+B. However, all the rounds count towards your overall standings, which determines your earned number for next season. Also, in the GNCC points standings, as soon as you race 9 events, they start doing your drops. So they are already accounted for if you did more than 9 events.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

11/4/2017 1:46 PM

For the record I'm planning on doing most, if not all of the GNCC events in 2018. If you want to hit one, let me know. We might be able to pool our resources, and share expenses from Ohio south at least.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

11/5/2017 12:07 PM

Don't forget to check out KR4 arrive and ride program. It may work for you

|

11/6/2017 6:37 AM

Steadman wrote:

Does anyone know how many throwaway races there are in the GNCC series (amateur classes) I looked around their website and could find an answer. I would like to attempt to do this series but I don't think I could do the first 3-4 rounds because a) they are too far for me and b) it's frozen tundra for me at that time of the year. I would not be in riding shape that's for sure.

harescrambled wrote:

You have 4 throwaways. You must compete in 9 events to qualify for a year end award. Those 9 events must be in the same discipline (quad or bike), but they don't have to be in the same class. Example: I could have run 7 rounds in 40+B, and 2 rounds in 45+B, and still qualified for a award in 40+B. However, all the rounds count towards your overall standings, which determines your earned number for next season. Also, in the GNCC points standings, as soon as you race 9 events, they start doing your drops. So they are already accounted for if you did more than 9 events.

Excellent. Thanks for getting back to me. So a person's best nine rounds are what determines a class championship? I have a lot of logistics to figure out before I can commit myself to the series. The biggest being some sort of health insurance. I appreciate the offer on the potential car pool! I may hit you up later for some more info and such. Thank you!

|

11/6/2017 6:38 AM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

I'm not sure about the throw aways.
I would say if I had ANY chance to ride/race ANY GNCC race...I'd take it.
I'm an occasional racer if a good opportunity comes up, was able to race the GNCC at Loretta Lynns a couple years back, it was a blast.

Excellent. I've heard good things about GNCC racing. I have to try it.

|

11/6/2017 6:39 AM

fins227 wrote:

Don't forget to check out KR4 arrive and ride program. It may work for you

Great idea! I'm going to contact them this week.

|

11/6/2017 2:53 PM

Steadman wrote:

Great idea! I'm going to contact them this week.

You're welcome. The KR4 Arrive and Ride is a really nice program....a bit pricey for me though. You do need to consider that you have to be an AMA member to compete in GNCC. Not exactly certain how all that works, as you're Canadian. The AMA does have information on where you can obtain insurance to cover you while competing. If you need any other info feel free to hit me up!

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

2/3/2018 9:54 PM

harescrambled: You ever race any of the local series around here? AWRCS or EROC?

|

2/4/2018 10:40 AM

Ryguy125 wrote:

harescrambled: You ever race any of the local series around here? AWRCS or EROC?

I do. I run some AWRCS and EROC events. I'm also a member at Western Reserve M/C club, which hosts EROC events

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

2/4/2018 7:49 PM

Ryguy125 wrote:

harescrambled: You ever race any of the local series around here? AWRCS or EROC?

harescrambled wrote:

I do. I run some AWRCS and EROC events. I'm also a member at Western Reserve M/C club, which hosts EROC events

The EROC at WRMC was a complete mudder last year. What a shit show lol

|

2/4/2018 8:09 PM

Ryguy125 wrote:

The EROC at WRMC was a complete mudder last year. What a shit show lol

The harescramble....I know. It sucked. I didn't run it...I was in the woods trying to maintain course markers. The MXC was prime though, and a blast!

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography