Will Suzuki ever bring back the Samurai?

BryceO766
Posts
61
Joined
1/19/2017
Location
Anaheim, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 2/5/2022 1:47pm
Suzuki started reproducing the fourth generation of the Suzuki Jimny in 2018. Since Suzuki has been unable to produce enough. They have been sold out in every county they have been sold in. Suzuki Mexico ran a trial run of 700 of them and they where sold out in the first seven minutes. Its still a ladder body style chassis, solid axels, transfer case with 4 high and low, manual option, 100 HP 1.5 liter 4 cylinder. My first car was an 87 Samurai that I grew up with, still have it to this day and still drive it. It had many trips out to the desert, Glen Helen, and all of the great riding areas SoCal has to offer. Incredible car regardless of what the jeep owners say it will out crawl any jeep.

The new 2021 Model




My Samurai

15
|
Falcon
Posts
12602
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
1/19/2022 3:39pm
I was about to say "Jimny." That's a cool little truck; I saw one at the Brea Suzuki HQ once. They brought one in for God knows what. It wasn't legal to drive anywhere, so...
No chance in America, as automobiles are not coming back to this market at all, as far as I could guess. I'm pretty sure they will sell the Jimny worldwide instead of calling it a Samurai.
Sully
Posts
9586
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
1/19/2022 3:48pm
Those things are all over the place here. My boss has one, and being in it is about like riding a skateboard down a dirt road.
4
BryceO766
Posts
61
Joined
1/19/2017
Location
Anaheim, CA, USA
1/19/2022 3:57pm
Falcon wrote:
I was about to say "Jimny." That's a cool little truck; I saw one at the Brea Suzuki HQ once. They brought one in for God...
I was about to say "Jimny." That's a cool little truck; I saw one at the Brea Suzuki HQ once. They brought one in for God knows what. It wasn't legal to drive anywhere, so...
No chance in America, as automobiles are not coming back to this market at all, as far as I could guess. I'm pretty sure they will sell the Jimny worldwide instead of calling it a Samurai.
That would have been wild to see that in Brea, used to drive by there all the time.
Nairb#70
Posts
4269
Joined
2/25/2020
Location
Ivoryton, CT, USA
1/19/2022 8:52pm
I don't believe Suzuki markets vehicles in the USA anymore. General Motors bought most of their production facilities in the USA and Canada.
2

The Shop

Last Braaap
Posts
1782
Joined
4/19/2019
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow, CZ
1/20/2022 2:35am
Yeah Suzuki does not sell cars in USA for like last 3 years.

Samurai would be nice but the regulations in here (in EU) do not allow to make cars reparable with only spanner and hammer anymore.Unsure
Hman144
Posts
2131
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
York, PA, USA
Fantasy
1/20/2022 5:25am
Time warp dude. Suzuki pulled the plug in the USA in 2012.

We have an SX4 born in '09. That little roach is 4wd, 5-speed, has heated seats and 4 doors, and we freakin' LOVE it. The AM band on the radio dunt work, but I'm the only driver in the family that notices.

Suzuki made some great products, but the US market was just too myopic. They're still thriving in other countries.
2
whyZ
Posts
1159
Joined
4/15/2009
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
1/20/2022 9:00am
Bought one off the side of the road long while ago. 89' Sidekick. Still pretty good shape, got the suspension lifted, new meats, and turned out to be a nice little weekender. The only bad thing about Suzuki's, besides getting out of the US market is the radiators. The cap started hairline cracking on ours, and decided to just replace it. Turns out no matter how much vehicle info you give finding the correct one is a nightmare. Stupid little subtleties, upper/lower ports slightly shifted, same with the mounting brackets, little bit up/down - left/right. After about 3 try's and even a radiator shop hunting it down, gave up. Being plastic just welded it up and put it back.
hubbardmx50
Posts
2836
Joined
11/17/2016
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
1/20/2022 11:21am
I don't know about bringing them back but, a couple weeks ago when we had the massive week long rain storm I saw a ton of them out driving in the rain and playing in the snow. They are such cool little cars. I know the government has this specious mindset that us middle class folk just drive cars around for fun and don't care about the environment, but reality will always assert itself. I know their goal is to price us out of our cars with fuel costs but at the end of the day I don't see how it can be possible for people in rural/suburban areas to not drive. Sorry if it seems I'm getting off topic but I am just building off of what Falcon had to say.
2
Shiftfaced
Posts
859
Joined
12/15/2008
Location
Ruby Ridge, ID, USA
1/21/2022 8:41am
Officially in my list of “Top 10 Cars I Should Have Kept”.
5
BryceO766
Posts
61
Joined
1/19/2017
Location
Anaheim, CA, USA
1/21/2022 12:53pm
I don't know about bringing them back but, a couple weeks ago when we had the massive week long rain storm I saw a ton of...
I don't know about bringing them back but, a couple weeks ago when we had the massive week long rain storm I saw a ton of them out driving in the rain and playing in the snow. They are such cool little cars. I know the government has this specious mindset that us middle class folk just drive cars around for fun and don't care about the environment, but reality will always assert itself. I know their goal is to price us out of our cars with fuel costs but at the end of the day I don't see how it can be possible for people in rural/suburban areas to not drive. Sorry if it seems I'm getting off topic but I am just building off of what Falcon had to say.
Couldn't agree with you more!
1
BryceO766
Posts
61
Joined
1/19/2017
Location
Anaheim, CA, USA
1/21/2022 12:53pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
Officially in my list of “Top 10 Cars I Should Have Kept”. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/21/529594/s1200_A89CC045_3F35_44E5_B70E_BC934353784C.jpg[/img]
Officially in my list of “Top 10 Cars I Should Have Kept”.
Bad ass! That is clean!
1
BryceO766
Posts
61
Joined
1/19/2017
Location
Anaheim, CA, USA
1/21/2022 12:54pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
I don't believe Suzuki markets vehicles in the USA anymore. General Motors bought most of their production facilities in the USA and Canada.
I forgot to mention that, however there is talk about it coming as a Toyota. Toyota and Suzuki both own parts of each other. The other option could be as a Mitsubishi.
hubbardmx50
Posts
2836
Joined
11/17/2016
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
2/5/2022 1:47pm
I saw a brand new Suzuki Jimny at the mall last night! I couldn't believe it. Looked pretty cool. I'm not sure if has all the cool off-road things like the solid front axle like the samurai did but still a cool SUV
90srider
Posts
147
Joined
3/7/2018
Location
Long Beach, CA, USA
4/18/2023 5:39pm

Stupid it's been available worldwide 

5
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
4/18/2023 6:30pm

A Sami with a little 4-banger turbo diesel would be amazing.

4/21/2023 1:40am

Ok, anybody actually ride in one of the originals?

They could barely go 55 mph and the ride was horrible. Throw a hill in and you are in trouble. 
 

People in Europe buy these because they are small, can be used as a hunting vehicle, and work well within a village. 
 

It isn’t a Bronco or JEEP. Long term, it would probably fail in the US. 

2

Post a reply to: Will Suzuki ever bring back the Samurai?

The Latest