Stolen laptop

Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 1:48am
I had my company issued notebook computer stolen out of my office last night along with a digital camera. My IT guy says it has Computrace on it. Question is: Aren't they useless if you cant log into it plus it can be tracked by the wireless card? Or are they pretty easy to wipe out the hardrive and start over?
|
Rooster
Posts
4432
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edmonton, CA
7/11/2008 1:19pm
The hard drives come out and can get reformatted pretty easy. Hope the crook isn't tech savvy.
7/11/2008 1:21pm
Me too since I may be on the hook for 2Gs if we cant recover it.
7/11/2008 1:31pm
There was no data on it. The company bought 50 of these things for all the builders. I just used it for scheduling. Which I always thought was kinda stupid since I have a PC in my office. And we wonder why these large home building companies are going under?

I just got the details from IT and they said I'm not on the hook to replace it right now but if I want another one I have to pony up the cash. Thay can keep it.
xewbx
Posts
717
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/11/2008 3:30pm
Hey, I just scored a laptop on Ebay. Belonged to some moto dude....got a bunch of bike pics and stuff on it.

Plus, it's got a ton of pics of the dude's naked wife.

The Shop

wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
7/11/2008 3:47pm
xewbx wrote:
Hey, I just scored a laptop on Ebay. Belonged to some moto dude....got a bunch of bike pics and stuff on it. Plus, it's got a...
Hey, I just scored a laptop on Ebay. Belonged to some moto dude....got a bunch of bike pics and stuff on it.

Plus, it's got a ton of pics of the dude's naked wife.
Thats not my wife, give it back.

Post a reply to: Stolen laptop

The Latest