Sandy Munro Teardown of Tesla Model Y

tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
Edited Date/Time 4/11/2020 11:34am
Anyone else watching this series? From what I understand, he is one of the most respected names in the industry and he's been very critical of Tesla in the past. It's interesting to watch him dissect their new vehicle and I'm definitely learning a lot from it. The latest videos are getting into the frame, I would love to hear if our bodyshop members agree with his assessment.

Munro Live

|
XXVoid MainXX
4/9/2020 7:48am
I've been watching them all as soon as they come out. I have a buddy who works there in design/engineering and he told me to make sure to check out the tear downs. I believe he was involved in the design of the new casting stuff.
hillbilly
4/9/2020 12:18pm
Tesla is a fabracobbled turd ,

Gotta give it up to "electric jesus" though,he found a great way to suck millions of tax dollars away from uncle Sam for cars and that hoax of rocketerring to mars.

If he done solar panels he'd have the trifecta of money pit hoaxes
XXVoid MainXX
4/9/2020 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 3:18pm
Ha ha. Electric Jesus. I like it! All I know is Electric Jesus just made me another $7k today. Smile
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
4/9/2020 2:31pm
hillbilly wrote:
Tesla is a fabracobbled turd , Gotta give it up to "electric jesus" though,he found a great way to suck millions of tax dollars away from...

Gotta give it up to "electric jesus" though,he found a great way to suck millions of tax dollars away from uncle Sam for cars and that hoax of rocketerring to mars.

Apparently you've not heard of the "Solar roof tiles" Silly

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/9/2020 6:00pm
"Electric Jesus." Laughing
I don't know what to think of Elon, but I do know what the name of my next rock band will be!
Shawn142
4/11/2020 9:08am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2020 9:09am
hillbilly wrote:
Tesla is a fabracobbled turd , Gotta give it up to "electric jesus" though,he found a great way to suck millions of tax dollars away from...

I guess you didn't know he owns Solar City too, which is of course a solar panel company. He also operates a Boring company that sells flames throwers.

I'm not sure how Tesla is sucking away tax payer money more than anyone else though. Every car maker, especially electric, uses the same tax intensives to sell cars. Ford, Chevy, VW, everyone uses that 7500 tax credit as a sales gimmick. But it seems like Elon gets singled out specifically for it, I guess because everything he sells qualifies for it?
XXVoid MainXX
4/11/2020 9:24am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2020 9:24am
hillbilly wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:
I guess you didn't know he owns Solar City too, which is of course a solar panel company. He also operates a Boring company that sells...
I guess you didn't know he owns Solar City too, which is of course a solar panel company. He also operates a Boring company that sells flames throwers.

I'm not sure how Tesla is sucking away tax payer money more than anyone else though. Every car maker, especially electric, uses the same tax intensives to sell cars. Ford, Chevy, VW, everyone uses that 7500 tax credit as a sales gimmick. But it seems like Elon gets singled out specifically for it, I guess because everything he sells qualifies for it?
The funny thing is, the tax incentive ran out quite some time ago for Tesla. It only applied on the first 200,000 cars. Tesla is over 1 million cars now.
jasonward73
4/11/2020 11:32am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2020 11:34am
hillbilly wrote:

He is not operating on any tax dollars that all other companies have available to them. And as noted above, those no longer apply to their cars.

Tesla did get a loan, which was paid back with interest early.

I guess you forgot about that auto bailout program back in the day where nearly all car manufacturers took billions of tax dollars and we, the taxpayers, ended up with a net loss of about $10 billion. Us taxpayers actually made a profit off of the investment in Tesla.

Remind me again how Tesla is the bad guy in this scenario?

Post a reply to: Sandy Munro Teardown of Tesla Model Y

The Latest