I'm in love with a Car..

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2019 8:44 AM

Every so often, like a picture of an old girlfriend, you see something from your past that pulls at your heartstrings.. 50k orig miles, stock down to the Calif smog equipment. I think i'll try to snag this 185 hp beast smile.. Photo
Photo

|

4/3/2019 8:55 AM

She's a beaut. 78 or 79? My brother had a maroon 78.

|

4/3/2019 9:26 AM

Yes!

|

4/3/2019 9:32 AM

She's a fine 79... hope to go look and possibly bring home this weekend..

|

4/3/2019 9:36 AM

If any car ever needed a black/yellow license plate, that is one.

(Yes, I know... technically in '79 CA plates were already blue.)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/3/2019 12:51 PM

Nice looking car. Just sold mine a couple months ago. Photo

|

4/3/2019 1:58 PM

rosebud441 wrote:

Every so often, like a picture of an old girlfriend, you see something from your past that pulls at your heartstrings.. 50k ...more

You have good taste. I have been wondering when those would appreciate in value. I know they aren't inexpensive, but they aren't 60's era muscle car expensive either. The black with gold is sweet!

|

4/3/2019 2:14 PM

Having done a little research,, I've honestly convinced myself this is an investment.

i say get one before they become super spendy like the 1st gen and the 70-71 Camaro's.

thanks for all the positive vibes!!

|

4/3/2019 2:25 PM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Nice looking car. Just sold mine a couple months ago. Photo

Did the guy underneath it get hurt when it rolled out of the truck?? shocked w00t grin grin grin grin grin

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/3/2019 3:06 PM

rosebud441 wrote:

Every so often, like a picture of an old girlfriend, you see something from your past that pulls at your heartstrings.. 50k ...more

Oh, Hell yeah. That's a clean machine.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/12/2019 4:45 PM

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

4/12/2019 8:24 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Not much on Queen, but that is a good song Reese.

I've got a Purple '95. 3.0, ttops, around 96k on it.
Been holding on to it since '96. Pretty much a survivor. It's been in the garage the last few years mostly. I keep it tagged, took it out for a spin last week.
They are getting scarce. Was offered 6500 last fall. Heck, they were going for 2k a few years ago.

I've been told to sell it, the price will never get better, yer gettin too old for that stuff, blah blah blah.

I don't even argue the fact they don't make Pontiacs anymore, or that the price will go up, as it has become an investment.

It's just a beautiful car, and I like looking at it, so, it stays.

|

4/12/2019 8:36 PM

motogrady wrote:

Not much on Queen, but that is a good song Reese.

I've got a Purple '95. 3.0, ttops, around 96k on it.
Been holding on to ...more

I have a neighbor, Lena, three townhouses west of mine. She is the classic hoarder. In fact she could be on that TV show, "Hoarders". She has a 1964 Corvette in her 1 car garage with so much crap piled on top of it you can't even see the car. Such a waste. She will never do anything with it. She will die and her relatives will have to deal with it.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

4/12/2019 8:49 PM

Reese95w wrote:

I have a neighbor, Lena, three townhouses west of mine. She is the classic hoarder. In fact she could be on that TV show, ...more

Ya Reese, that is a shame. But, on the other hand, it being buried and not customized, or ran into the ground, will make that car when it finally does move. It will be like a time capsule. As long as there aren't cats pissing in it or mice eating the interior, someone will get something pretty cool.
|

4/12/2019 9:27 PM

Hell Reese, you got me thinking about Private Malone with that story about Lena,

|

4/14/2019 1:46 PM

It will feel like more than 185HP.

|

4/16/2019 12:46 AM

Such a stunning looking car though.

|

Trying bf goodrich tires for off-roading for the first time.

4/16/2019 9:26 AM

So sad..

She went to a car show and never came home, I never actually had a chance to sit and smell here sweet 80's leatherette

She's the one that got away.. so, the search continues.

|

4/16/2019 12:00 PM

rosebud441 wrote:

So sad..

She went to a car show and never came home, I never actually had a chance to sit and smell here sweet 80's ...more

Damn, that sucks! Saw you posted a reply and was hoping for driveway pics from your driveway. That thing was nice!

|

5/21/2019 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2020 3:51 PM

its beautiful!!!! Now I believed in love at first sight. If not a secret, how expensive the maintenance of such a vehicle? And how long are car parts? I'd be interested to know.

|