Glamis

YZKEN250
Posts
547
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lodi, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:54am
A buddy of mine text me on Wed from Glamis and told me that one of the buggys from there group had caught on fire and burned to the ground. Then he text me again Wed night and said that a 62 year old guy from there group crashed on his quad and broke both his legs and it took over 3 hours for the medics to reach them. I hear that place just gets crazy over Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone ever been there for Thanksgiving? I have a friend who prints up t-shirts and sells them out there. Makes like $5000 in 4 days out there.
|
calimxer91
Posts
5077
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lancaster, CA, USA
11/27/2009 5:38pm
You dont go on Thanksgiving to ride.You go to watch the lunatics.It is a madhouse.
Sully
Posts
9577
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
11/27/2009 6:03pm
I haven't been there since Thanksgiving 1995. It's a scary place. Too many people get a little liquid courage in them and start thinking they're the greatest dirt bike rider on the planet. Mix that same liquid courage with an overpowered dune buggy or lifted truck and it's even worse.
zjbell
Posts
2796
Joined
10/13/2006
Location
CA, CA, USA
11/27/2009 6:06pm


Drunk fucks+buggys+LS1 motors+dirt bikes=injury and death
Scotty
Posts
4139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
11/27/2009 8:06pm
I just sold my long travel car over the summer so I didn't end up going this year. It's not really as bad as people make it out to be. Just use some common sense and don't drink and ride and you should be good. Plus the Rangers now are out in full force. I mean like they bring in Rangers from out of state just to help out on the huge weekends like Thanksgiving. It's not so bad anymore IMO. Back in the 80's and 90's the place was out of control!

Post a reply to: Glamis

The Latest