Mr. G
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2012 7:19am
Anyone here use food stamps?
|
BUTCH
8/11/2012 1:25pm
PaleBlue wrote:
What are they?
The goverment gives them out to people when they don't have enough money to buy food. They are like money except you can only by food with them. I think they are now called EBT cards....which is like food stamps.
jonjon714
8/11/2012 1:36pm
Nothing more frustrating than being behind someone in 7-11 buying 10, 20, 30 dollars worth of way overpriced crap... I think if I ever needed it I wouldn't be buying all the kids snicker bars at the quickie mart with it.
Scotty
8/11/2012 1:54pm
So you've helped somebody cheat the system by giving them cash for their food stamps? And at 50 cents on the dollar? Wow

The Shop

newmann
8/11/2012 2:22pm
Convenience stores would run/swipe your Texas Card for 50 cents on the dollar. Maybe they'll do away with them too.

Was in line at the grocery store one Saturday for a handful of items and all the phone lines went down for the c/c machines. As luck would have it . the three lines that were open had all come to a halt because the Texas Card holders were waiting for the manager to get the machines up and running. All the cash and check paying customers were waiting. They wouldn't void the sales and tell the food stampers to go sit and they wouldn't open any other checkout lanes. The lines got four or five deep and then people began to walk out leaving full buggies of food behind. Most people were pretty cool about it, but a few words got thrown.

Wal Mart would no longer put cases of infant formula on the store shelves years ago, only individual cans. They wouldn't even leave boxes around for those of us who needed to buy several cases of the crap. One day I asked why the hell could I not just get some unopened cases. Clerk was well versed and not bashful in the least as she informed me that the WIC (women infant children) recipients would load up cases of formula, pay with their coupons, walk out the door only to turn right around and head back in the store to the customer service desk for a refund. A refund that was in cash.

Some people make a full time job out of working the system. God Bless America.....
Mr. G
8/11/2012 2:27pm
Trying to see where some are coming from. Some may not be willing to admit their usage.
Mr. G
8/11/2012 3:18pm
This thread delivers. Any more Left wingers want to chime in?
Skip376
8/11/2012 3:34pm
You need to stop corruption in welfare at the local level and work up. For some reason the left cant figure out that you can't put the buggy before the horse.
TeamGreen
8/11/2012 3:40pm
What's the increase in Food Stamp use these last 3 "Great Years of Progress"?
Mr. G
8/11/2012 4:11pm
Bush is very powerful, I guess.
reded
8/11/2012 4:44pm
Skip376 wrote:
You need to stop corruption in welfare at the local level and work up. For some reason the left cant figure out that you can't put...
You need to stop corruption in welfare at the local level and work up. For some reason the left cant figure out that you can't put the buggy before the horse.
A good start would be random drug tests and limits on how long one can be on it.
Mr. G
8/11/2012 5:05pm
A less popular idea would be to have an exchange of sorts. That is to say the recipient could do some work for the use of food stamps. Like we had in the old days. May be very unpopular.
Skip376
8/11/2012 5:08pm
Skip376 wrote:
You need to stop corruption in welfare at the local level and work up. For some reason the left cant figure out that you can't put...
reded wrote:
A good start would be random drug tests and limits on how long one can be on it.
And then continue up the ladder. The left wont allow it because it might hurt someone's feelings and that's not right.
Skip376
8/11/2012 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2012 5:11pm
Mr. G wrote:
A less popular idea would be to have an exchange of sorts. That is to say the recipient could do some work for the use of...
A less popular idea would be to have an exchange of sorts. That is to say the recipient could do some work for the use of food stamps. Like we had in the old days. May be very unpopular.
Making them actually work.... Dear god most would hate that. The left would also never allow it because the more people they have on the government tit the more votes they are guaranteed.
reded
8/11/2012 5:11pm
Mr. G wrote:
A less popular idea would be to have an exchange of sorts. That is to say the recipient could do some work for the use of...
Perish the thought....people work for what the government "owes" them? Pffffft!!
Skip376
8/11/2012 5:27pm
It does nothing but keep the fat and lazy fat and lazy.
reded
8/11/2012 5:30pm
A 30 year stimulus plan for those that don't feel they should work? Have you ever lived amongst people on welfare or do you just read about it on the Internet? Your perception of reality is a bit askew.
newmann
8/11/2012 5:40pm
The local housing authority will pay $1000.00 per month rent for a 3 bedroom house for some of those food stampers to live in. They will also assist with utilities.

Best part about it is that it is direct deposited into my account on time, every month.Wink
Mr. G
8/11/2012 6:18pm
Maybe the "exchange" idea isn't so unpopular.
BUTCH
8/11/2012 6:52pm
The thing about government programs, is they really help people who legitmately need it. Not everyone on these programs are abusive.....so whatya do?..... Ya keep them in place, and continue to try to weed out the ass cracks that are exploiting the system. I like to think that they are at least helping little kids, who might go hungery or wouldn't have a roof over their heads otherwise.
8/11/2012 8:53pm
Eggs milk, rice, beans, noodles is what it should buy.....candy Doritos and sports drinks? That shit cracks me up. They should have places where the kids can go eat, like a soup line. These moms weigh 300 lbs why I am buying them Doritos?
TeamGreen
8/11/2012 9:42pm
You're coming up on 4 yrs...is it time to get a new Mantra, yet?

"Bitterness"
jmar
8/11/2012 10:01pm
BUTCH wrote:
The thing about government programs, is they really help people who legitmately need it. Not everyone on these programs are abusive.....so whatya do?..... Ya keep them...
The thing about government programs, is they really help people who legitmately need it. Not everyone on these programs are abusive.....so whatya do?..... Ya keep them in place, and continue to try to weed out the ass cracks that are exploiting the system. I like to think that they are at least helping little kids, who might go hungery or wouldn't have a roof over their heads otherwise.
Is common sense acceptable here?
jmar
8/11/2012 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2012 10:17pm
I know that this is going to be a tough nut for some of you to swallow, but the entitlement class that is breaking our country isn't the those who are collecting food stamps.
TeamGreen
8/11/2012 10:10pm
jmar wrote:
I know that this is going to be a tough nut for some of you to swallow, but the entitlement class that is breaking our country...
I know that this is going to be a tough nut for some of you to swallow, but the entitlement class that is breaking our country isn't the those who are collecting food stamps.
If you think that there aren't more than a few "Classes" of people that're sucking the life out of this Nation/economy...

You are Gravely Mistaken.

From the Welfare Bank-State of TARP to the Ever-Dependent people that LBJ left behind...too many taking too much for NOTHING in return.
jmar
8/11/2012 10:15pm
jmar wrote:
I know that this is going to be a tough nut for some of you to swallow, but the entitlement class that is breaking our country...
TeamGreen wrote:
If you think that there aren't more than a few "Classes" of people that're sucking the life out of this Nation/economy... You are Gravely Mistaken. From...
If you think that there aren't more than a few "Classes" of people that're sucking the life out of this Nation/economy...

You are Gravely Mistaken.

From the Welfare Bank-State of TARP to the Ever-Dependent people that LBJ left behind...too many taking too much for NOTHING in return.
Yes there is way to many people that are surviving on entitlements. But people on food stamps is a very small part of that.

What do you do for a living?
Mr. G
8/11/2012 11:04pm
Mr. G wrote:
Skip376 wrote:
Making them actually work.... Dear god most would hate that. The left would also never allow it because the more people they have on the government...
Making them actually work.... Dear god most would hate that. The left would also never allow it because the more people they have on the government tit the more votes they are guaranteed.
You know the funny part they never realize is that the recipient would feel better about it. But I digress, that is not what it is about, it is about votes. Shhhhhhhhhh
MR. X
8/12/2012 6:42am
When i was about 7 my dad became ill and we had to use food stamps for about a year and recieve free school lunches , man kids can be brutal at that age with poking fun . It makes me so pissed to see people abusing a system that was put in place to help hard working people in a time of need.
reded
8/12/2012 6:53am
MR. X wrote:
When i was about 7 my dad became ill and we had to use food stamps for about a year and recieve free school lunches...
When i was about 7 my dad became ill and we had to use food stamps for about a year and recieve free school lunches , man kids can be brutal at that age with poking fun . It makes me so pissed to see people abusing a system that was put in place to help hard working people in a time of need.
Congratulations. Your family did it right by using it in a time of need instead of relying on it for the rest of your lives.

Post a reply to: Food Stamps

The Latest