Beatles Mono Boxset Remasters

kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:41pm
Just purchased it today online. I'm all sorts of excited. I get it tuesday - gonna take the entire week off from work, sit at home, turn that shit up, and nerd out over the best band ever.
|
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
10/23/2009 2:31pm
kdx man wrote:
Just purchased it today online. I'm all sorts of excited. I get it tuesday - gonna take the entire week off from work, sit at home...
Just purchased it today online. I'm all sorts of excited. I get it tuesday - gonna take the entire week off from work, sit at home, turn that shit up, and nerd out over the best band ever.
I'm jealous. I'm kind of rediscovering them lately and listening to them more and more. I'm never less than amazed at their talent
FreshTopEnd
Posts
13358
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
10/23/2009 2:41pm
My 8th grader has been in Beatles immersion for the last year. Really enjoys them.

Although BOC's "Godzilla" has been moving up the charts since he heard it for the first time last week, lol.
kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
10/23/2009 2:43pm
You are lucky. He could be listening to some emo crap haha.
FreshTopEnd
Posts
13358
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
10/23/2009 2:45pm
Well, third time's a charm. Keep trying til you get it right.

The Shop

Rupert X
Posts
11083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Newark, OH, USA
10/23/2009 2:51pm


Does it worry you to be alone ?


I get by with a little help from my friends...


Making all his nowhere plans for nobody...


Speaking words of wisdom


Tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Rupert X
Posts
11083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Newark, OH, USA
10/23/2009 2:53pm


She was just seventeen, if you know what i mean....


Heeeey, you've got to hide your love away....


the barber shaves another customer....


she said she'd always been a dancer, worked at fifteen clubs a day...
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
10/23/2009 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:54am
this is just the coolest fucking clip to me- these four guys walk in a room and make magic outta thin air
`ol Ger
Posts
6269
Joined
7/15/2007
Location
Piqua, OH, USA
10/23/2009 3:29pm
The Hollies did everything they did, only better. Now I'll go hide.
kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
10/23/2009 3:30pm
`ol Ger wrote:
The Hollies did everything they did, only better. Now I'll go hide.
It appears you are delusional on more than one topic.
FreshTopEnd
Posts
13358
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
10/23/2009 3:33pm
Well, I grant you this, Ger, they may have done CCR better than CCR on Long Tall Woman (In A Black Dress).
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
10/23/2009 3:39pm
`ol Ger wrote:
The Hollies did everything they did, only better. Now I'll go hide.
lmao @ olger

that's gotta be bait
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
10/23/2009 5:33pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Most recognizeable opening riff ever...

plus this one as a bonus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VWELcZUMM
You know they didn't even write that song, right?

The Lennon-McCartney songbook will be studied and covered for as long as there is something called Music

You really are clueless about some things.
kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
10/23/2009 5:45pm
Dont get me wrong, the Hollies are cool.

But they will be gone in 100 years. The Beatles music will live on for much longer than that.
Rupert X
Posts
11083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Newark, OH, USA
10/24/2009 6:40am
`ol Ger wrote:
The Hollies did everything they did, only better. Now I'll go hide.


ol' Ger. Sir, wake up and smell the coffee.

" here I stand, head in hand, turn my face to the wall..."

" all the lonely people, where do they all come from..."


I mean no disrespect, but comparing the Hollies to the Beatles is like

comparing a Chevy Vega to a Rolls (bloody)-Royce.

Take a few days, gently listen to their life's work, we may not make you a fan,
but maybe you'll appreciate these genius maestros for who and what they were.


jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
10/24/2009 7:21am
Ger can fight his own battles but I am 52 years old and the Beatles came out when I was just a kid. That's a long time for me to become a fan and it ain't going to happen so I don't think a few days of Beatles tunes are really going to change anyone's mind.

BTW: Nothing wrong with the emo stuff kdx man. Music progresses just as anything else and not everyone is happy with committing to the same music for the rest of their lives. People need to listen to what makes them happy.

`ol Ger
Posts
6269
Joined
7/15/2007
Location
Piqua, OH, USA
10/25/2009 7:23am
I also like the Byrds better.

"The humanity of it all..."

Post a reply to: Beatles Mono Boxset Remasters

The Latest