BMSOB!

G-man
Posts
9409
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Mesa, AZ, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 4:40am
WTF is going on with you're team?

First they let the leader of the team go--Baron "Grey Goose" Davis and now we got Matt Barnes for pennies. Well Under a Mil is "pennies" for these guys.

I'm just hoping he plays like he did against Dallas a few yrs ago--I became an instant fan back then. Barnes should help fill the gaping hole left by Marion's D....

Guess when you get in Nellies dawghouse, he gives you the boot!
|
az2u
Posts
931
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
7/23/2008 4:48pm
Davis wasn't in the dawghouse. Management didn't think BD was worth the investment down the road(injury prone). BD liked playing for Nelson 'cause he had free reign.
BMSOB
Posts
1191
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
PN
7/24/2008 5:51am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:45pm
Baron had an offer on the table from the Warriors but he wanted to play for his home team. The Clippers? Go figure. Anyway, hate to see Baron go but I think he & Nelson/Mullin knew that his days were numbered. Last season was the first time he wasn't injured in 3-4 years. We will be a younger team for sure & may not make the playoffs again but I am very interested to see what Monta Ellis can do now that he will be running the team. Nelson will have to play his rookies next year ,which is something he usually doesn't do ,but he won't be around much longer either so we shall see. Warriors are still active in the trade market so who knows.
G-man
Posts
9409
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Mesa, AZ, USA
7/24/2008 12:17pm
az2u wrote:
Davis wasn't in the dawghouse. Management didn't think BD was worth the investment down the road(injury prone). BD liked playing for Nelson 'cause he had free...
Davis wasn't in the dawghouse. Management didn't think BD was worth the investment down the road(injury prone). BD liked playing for Nelson 'cause he had free reign.
Well then how can you explain Nellie benching BD (their team leader) in their most important game in the playoff's last yr?

Personally I don't blame him as Davis was partying all night at a Grey Goose party in Scottsdale and was probably hung over.

Same thing happened to Barnes as he took an ill-advised shot with too much time on the clock and soon found a seat on the end of the bench for most of the season. matt is quoted as saying "I lost my best friend (mom) to cancer in a matter of weeks and it affected my game".

I'm thinking he's going to have a good season in Phx as it's a one yr deal and he's been shopped around too many times and needs to find some stability.

I know I'm excited about it, helps take some of the Shaq trade-pain away.....lol

Post a reply to: BMSOB!

The Latest