seats

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2007 7:09 AM

hi cool

i was just wonderign if anyone on this forum ran one of those bumps in the seat, i read on somewhere else that ryan villopotos is made from an old bar bad cut in half and wedged between the seat cover on the foam.

does anyone have any advice on where abouts to place the buldge on the seat as i am considering putting one in ?

thanks

jordan cool

|

8/10/2007 10:50 AM

I have riden with one, but oppted to trade back to the original. I think with time I could get use to the hump seat, but I like the transition on the regular seat for now.

|

8/12/2007 3:07 PM

where abouts did you place the hump ?

|

8/12/2007 7:48 PM

JL3Z wrote:

where abouts did you place the hump ?

It was a SDG step seat, with the hump a little beyond the middle, more to keep you placed forward on the seat. I just am an old dog, and the learning curve seems to take longer. I chenged the seat after practice, and returned it.

I am one of the guys that has been racing for ever, I show up and race. I rarely practice at all. But now, in the Pro class, I need to get my ass out there and practice...Gary Jones, is fast. My consistency, has put me ahead of him in points, yet I have never flat beat him.

I feel like trying the seat again, but I will spend a day doing so.

I am fortunate, and I get things handed to me, but I think the seats only cost $100, cheap enough to try.

|

8/14/2007 8:34 AM

I ran a step seat and didn't like it but the hump seats work well. They keep you from sliding back onthe start and out of turns plus they help you set your butt where it is supposd to be, instead of sitting too far back, sort of a memory bump. The step seat seemed like it kept me too stuck to the bike and was harder to stand up because of it. A bump doesn't present this problem.

|

8/14/2007 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 5:54 PM

The Baron wrote:

I ran a step seat and didn't like it but the hump seats work well. They keep you from sliding back onthe start and out of turns plus they help you set your butt where it is supposd to be, instead of sitting too far back, sort of a memory bump. The step seat seemed like it kept me too stuck to the bike and was harder to stand up because of it. A bump doesn't present this problem.

I have to agree with \"The Baron\"

I did feel a little trapped, on the Step seat.

|

8/15/2007 7:44 PM

The Baron wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

I like the regular seats myself.

|

8/15/2007 10:09 PM

The Baron wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

Grimmitt wrote:

I like the regular seats myself.

I've been running a 250, and a 450, I think I am cool with the regular seat. Switching just doesn't seem like something I need to go faster. Or be more comfortable. But who knows ?

I have said, I would need a lot more time to get use to the bump, hump, etc. But I will try again...if it works, for others it could help me. I need all the help I can get.

|

8/16/2007 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 5:54 PM

A tall seat seems to work better for me than any other gimmick type of seat. I'm 6'1\" so the extra leg room helps me much more than a hump, step, bump or anything else.

|

8/16/2007 10:03 PM

The Baron wrote:

A tall seat seems to work better for me than any other gimmick type of seat. I'm 6'1\" so the extra leg room helps me much more than a hump, step, bump or anything else.

I am six feet tall, been riding since I was three feet tall. I have tried the tall seats, and didn't care for them either.

|

8/21/2007 12:57 AM

The Baron wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

I am six feet tall, been riding since I was three feet tall. I have tried the tall seats, and didn't care for them either.

So SDG has pre-made step seats? How much?

|

8/24/2007 10:24 AM

The Baron wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

Femur 122 wrote:

$109.99
Now get back to work. Oh, just saw you posted this at 11:00AM. Shouldn't you be sleeping?

Post edited by: KL120, at: 8/24/2007 8:25 PM

|

9/4/2007 2:16 PM

Mike Bierman wrote:

Femur 122 wrote:

KL120 wrote:

$109.99
Now get back to work. Oh, just saw you posted this at 11:00AM. Shouldn't you be sleeping?

where can u get them seats from then ??

Post edited by: JL3Z, at: 9/5/2007 12:17 AM

|

9/4/2007 8:00 PM

Femur 122 wrote:

KL120 wrote:

$109.99

JL3Z wrote:

where can u get them seats from then ??

Post edited by: JL3Z, at: 9/5/2007 12:17 AM

SDG is in Tustin, California (So Cal)

www.sdgusa.com

...or have your local dealer order one.

|

9/5/2007 9:32 PM

I took the bread knife to mine. There was two thoughts.
One: I'm short. Less seat height to sit on.
Two: I left the area behind my butt for a stopper. Works like a champ.
I tend to lay into the throttle harder because my butt is affixed to the bike.

Side affect. When I cut the inch and a half out, it made the seat wider. More surface holds my butt.

Negative, I sit more, less cushion transfers more jarring to the kidneys. If you didn't wear a belt before, you will now.

The pros get brand new seats every race made from super soft foam or more to the riders preference. Some of the factory Honda bikes have foam from XR's. Super soft and comfortable. That along with stitches in the sides to pin your knees into.

|