motomike....

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:31pm
the 2 stroke bandit, any news on him at indy? vital is pulling for you.
|
OW38B
Posts
3619
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Coto de Caza, CA, USA
2/20/2010 9:59am
It's a shame tht the AMA has killed the 2 stroke.....

Here's to Big Mike making the show!
OSJ
Posts
215
Joined
11/25/2009
Location
Victoria, B.C, CA
2/20/2010 10:23am
good luck buddy, i am on my way to my local track on a 2stroke right now.
will be watching tonight though.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/20/2010 10:38am
He seems like a nice guy and quite a character, but rolling every jump in a triple is not going to get him in the show...
whiteboy843
Posts
177
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Elwood, IN, USA
2/20/2010 10:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:53pm
i am soooo over the 2stroke thing.
let them die.
when i started riding in 04 4strokes were already taking over.
you guys are lame.

but heiny is cool.
scott schowe is puttin out updates for him on twitter.
http://www.twitter.com/weldman1


p.s. go mike!!

The Shop

2/20/2010 10:56am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2010 10:57am
GuyB wrote:
He seems like a nice guy and quite a character, but rolling every jump in a triple is not going to get him in the show...
Way to be positive for an underdog. ;-)

By the way, he will not roll triples.
mmcmx
Posts
2280
Joined
8/31/2008
Location
Perafita, Catalunya, PE
2/20/2010 11:04am
i am soooo over the 2stroke thing. let them die. when i started riding in 04 4strokes were already taking over. you guys are lame. but...
i am soooo over the 2stroke thing.
let them die.
when i started riding in 04 4strokes were already taking over.
you guys are lame.

but heiny is cool.
scott schowe is puttin out updates for him on twitter.
http://www.twitter.com/weldman1


p.s. go mike!!
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do.

We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you to ride one...
2/20/2010 11:13am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2010 11:15am
mmcmx wrote:
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do. We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you...
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do.

We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you to ride one...
What everyone doesn't seem to get, is that if the ProAMA would just make it cc for cc racing in the pro ranks like they have in amateurs, there wouldn't be any of us posting anything about 2 strokes. If they still die, they still die, but atleast they fought a fair war. Plus I wouldn't have to be messing with this crazy idea of a motocross series that will keep me broke until I die.
uk125250
Posts
3947
Joined
10/4/2009
Location
Gnome, AQ
2/20/2010 11:15am
mmcmx wrote:
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do. We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you...
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do.

We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you to ride one...
What everyone doesn't seem to get, is that if the ProAMA would just make it cc for cc racing in the pro ranks like they have...
What everyone doesn't seem to get, is that if the ProAMA would just make it cc for cc racing in the pro ranks like they have in amateurs, there wouldn't be any of us posting anything about 2 strokes. If they still die, they still die, but atleast they fought a fair war. Plus I wouldn't have to be messing with this crazy idea of a motocross series that will keep me broke until I die.
They would not die in a cc for cc matchup. You must be a hell of a golfer.
2/20/2010 11:20am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2010 11:21am
i am soooo over the 2stroke thing. let them die. when i started riding in 04 4strokes were already taking over. you guys are lame. but...
i am soooo over the 2stroke thing.
let them die.
when i started riding in 04 4strokes were already taking over.
you guys are lame.

but heiny is cool.
scott schowe is puttin out updates for him on twitter.
http://www.twitter.com/weldman1


p.s. go mike!!
mmcmx wrote:
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do. We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you...
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do.

We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you to ride one...
I am so over people whining and bitching about the displacement. Get over it already. Let it go. Ride whatever bike you want and/or can afford and like it.

Good luck Mike and have fun.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/20/2010 11:44am
Apparently he's having jetting issues.
2/20/2010 11:49am
I am so over people whining and bitching about the displacement. Get over it already. Let it go. Ride whatever bike you want and/or can afford...
I am so over people whining and bitching about the displacement. Get over it already. Let it go. Ride whatever bike you want and/or can afford and like it.

Good luck Mike and have fun.
Funny, let's take a look at who was whining and bitching in this post from the start. Hmmm, a 4 stroke lover who wants the 2 stroke to die. LOL
2/20/2010 11:50am
GuyB wrote:
Apparently he's having jetting issues.
I talked to him about that, and he said he was fine. Damn it, why don't people ever listen to me. :-( Those domes are way different than the outside world. You have to run the bike way lean to get inside and run perfect.
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/20/2010 12:05pm
GuyB wrote:
He seems like a nice guy and quite a character, but rolling every jump in a triple is not going to get him in the show...
Way to be positive for an underdog. ;-)

By the way, he will not roll triples.
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be the case. All bullshit aside, he doesn't belong out there and I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else.

He seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.
2/20/2010 12:07pm
GuyB wrote:
He seems like a nice guy and quite a character, but rolling every jump in a triple is not going to get him in the show...
Way to be positive for an underdog. ;-)

By the way, he will not roll triples.
jmar wrote:
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be...
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be the case. All bullshit aside, he doesn't belong out there and I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else.

He seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.
I was meaning, he rides supercross tracks and does triples. It isn't something he is not able to do.
look out below
Posts
4208
Joined
12/23/2009
Location
Grain Valley, MO, USA
2/20/2010 12:10pm
If my calculations are correct, he only needs to be faster that three people to make the night show. The B and C practices are combined.
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/20/2010 12:15pm
If my calculations are correct, he only needs to be faster that three people to make the night show. The B and C practices are combined.
He stopped at two laps and was 26 seconds per lap off of the fastest lap.

I hope he isn't down somewhere.
bigcat
Posts
553
Joined
1/8/2009
Location
N, TX, USA
2/20/2010 12:21pm
jmar wrote:
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be...
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be the case. All bullshit aside, he doesn't belong out there and I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else.

He seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.
Jmar, have you ever seen him ride ?
kwhite199
Posts
492
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
USA
2/20/2010 12:25pm
GuyB wrote:
Apparently he's having jetting issues.
Get Goose over there. I'm sure he remembers how to jet one of those things Wink
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/20/2010 12:30pm
jmar wrote:
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be...
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be the case. All bullshit aside, he doesn't belong out there and I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else.

He seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.
bigcat wrote:
Jmar, have you ever seen him ride ?
It doesn't really matter if I have or haven't. This is a whole different level of racing and the tracks are not designed for average Joe who jumps shit at chickelicks raceway.

Take into account that he's not in good shape, weighs in at 285 and is on a two stroke?
What are some of you really thinking?

Like I have said, he sounds like a nice guy but he has no business out there and I hope he get's through today with out hurting himself or someone else.
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/20/2010 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:53pm
mmcmx wrote:
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do. We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you...
I am soo over with people who tells you what to do.

We just ask for a fair displacement, it's not like we will obligate you to ride one...
What everyone doesn't seem to get, is that if the ProAMA would just make it cc for cc racing in the pro ranks like they have...
What everyone doesn't seem to get, is that if the ProAMA would just make it cc for cc racing in the pro ranks like they have in amateurs, there wouldn't be any of us posting anything about 2 strokes. If they still die, they still die, but atleast they fought a fair war. Plus I wouldn't have to be messing with this crazy idea of a motocross series that will keep me broke until I die.
I disagree. Equal displacement is not a level playing field. It wouldn't be hard to come up with an equal displacement that produces similar HP but that's what needs to be done.


This would only matter in the small bore class where HP is king. You could with a 500 or larger in the big bore class and it wouldn't matter because more power wouldn't be an advantage.


BTW: Jetting was always a problem in the stadiums with the two strokes.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/20/2010 12:49pm
I think he's turned in his transponder already.
bobby397
Posts
3597
Joined
3/21/2009
Location
USA
2/20/2010 12:51pm
i agree with you jmar, riding a supercoss track and racing on one is totally different. ive ridden supercross tracks alot, but would never sign up to race one.
smc916
Posts
594
Joined
8/9/2007
Location
Hesperia, CA, USA
2/20/2010 12:52pm
GuyB wrote:
Apparently he's having jetting issues.
Laughing
bobby397
Posts
3597
Joined
3/21/2009
Location
USA
2/20/2010 12:57pm
GuyB wrote:
Apparently he's having jetting issues.
smc916 wrote:
Laughing
jlaw could be in his head also
2/20/2010 12:57pm
jmar wrote:
I disagree. Equal displacement is not a level playing field. It wouldn't be hard to come up with an equal displacement that produces similar HP but...
I disagree. Equal displacement is not a level playing field. It wouldn't be hard to come up with an equal displacement that produces similar HP but that's what needs to be done.


This would only matter in the small bore class where HP is king. You could with a 500 or larger in the big bore class and it wouldn't matter because more power wouldn't be an advantage.


BTW: Jetting was always a problem in the stadiums with the two strokes.
I can show you multiple races, like LL A class, where they are toe to toe all race long.
bigcat
Posts
553
Joined
1/8/2009
Location
N, TX, USA
2/20/2010 12:59pm
jmar wrote:
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be...
If he did roll the triples it would be the smartest thing that he ever did. With you guys egging him on that might not be the case. All bullshit aside, he doesn't belong out there and I hope he doesn't hurt himself or someone else.

He seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.
bigcat wrote:
Jmar, have you ever seen him ride ?
jmar wrote:
It doesn't really matter if I have or haven't. This is a whole different level of racing and the tracks are not designed for average Joe...
It doesn't really matter if I have or haven't. This is a whole different level of racing and the tracks are not designed for average Joe who jumps shit at chickelicks raceway.

Take into account that he's not in good shape, weighs in at 285 and is on a two stroke?
What are some of you really thinking?

Like I have said, he sounds like a nice guy but he has no business out there and I hope he get's through today with out hurting himself or someone else.
So you really have no clue how he rides or what he's capable of doing on a dirtbike.

Yet you sit behind your keyboard in all your infinite minidad wisdom and decide who belongs out there and who doesn't.

He has earned enough AMA points to be out on the track.
While he may not make the night show,he has most certainly earned the right to try.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
2/20/2010 1:00pm
GuyB wrote:
I think he's turned in his transponder already.
Did he do any 1 handers?
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/20/2010 1:05pm
bigcat wrote:
Jmar, have you ever seen him ride ?
jmar wrote:
It doesn't really matter if I have or haven't. This is a whole different level of racing and the tracks are not designed for average Joe...
It doesn't really matter if I have or haven't. This is a whole different level of racing and the tracks are not designed for average Joe who jumps shit at chickelicks raceway.

Take into account that he's not in good shape, weighs in at 285 and is on a two stroke?
What are some of you really thinking?

Like I have said, he sounds like a nice guy but he has no business out there and I hope he get's through today with out hurting himself or someone else.
bigcat wrote:
So you really have no clue how he rides or what he's capable of doing on a dirtbike. Yet you sit behind your keyboard in all...
So you really have no clue how he rides or what he's capable of doing on a dirtbike.

Yet you sit behind your keyboard in all your infinite minidad wisdom and decide who belongs out there and who doesn't.

He has earned enough AMA points to be out on the track.
While he may not make the night show,he has most certainly earned the right to try.
He has earned enough AMA points to be out on the track.

What was that about wisdom?
DrSweden
Posts
6761
Joined
8/30/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
2/20/2010 1:09pm
So what happened?

Post a reply to: motomike....

The Latest