do we really need the AMA

MK 105
4/18/2007 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 12:43pm
I have heard a few tracks trying to open here in ca, at these city hearings does the ama send someone to these to represent? It seems they dont fight for ca. worthless
|
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
4/19/2007 7:48am
No and it is your choice to join or not. Not that the AMA helps or not with California tracks, in their history they do not help with any track. I wont completely bash the AMA, if you ride a street bike, they are the first to the rescue and the first to help. I don't know if it's executive direction or it's just too costly, the AMA keeps its distance from any dirt related issues.

The other side of the coin is, they are first to take the money and stand on the shoulders of the Blue Ribbon Coalition and other groups that save the dirt. In California, check out CORVA http://www.corva.org

The best thing you can do, attend the council meetings and show your support. Helping out the BRC or CORVA with time or money isnt bad either.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/19/2007 4:44pm
Tiki wrote:
No and it is your choice to join or not. Not that the AMA helps or not with California tracks, in their history they do not...
No and it is your choice to join or not. Not that the AMA helps or not with California tracks, in their history they do not help with any track. I wont completely bash the AMA, if you ride a street bike, they are the first to the rescue and the first to help. I don't know if it's executive direction or it's just too costly, the AMA keeps its distance from any dirt related issues.

The other side of the coin is, they are first to take the money and stand on the shoulders of the Blue Ribbon Coalition and other groups that save the dirt. In California, check out CORVA http://www.corva.org

The best thing you can do, attend the council meetings and show your support. Helping out the BRC or CORVA with time or money isnt bad either.
Yeah, what Tiki said.

Post a reply to: do we really need the AMA

The Latest