Your Favourite commentators of all time?

Graphite
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 1:55pm
I know this has been discuss before at length. After watching the "Orange Assault" video, David Bailey is just amazing. He seems to be a hall of famer in everything he does.

My 2nd place is an ace in the hole..one that not many would think of....But I'd give the honour to Dana Brown. His narration in Dust to Glory was magnificent, and his ability to convey an image with just words is unmatched. It'd be cool to see him do a few out door races, as long as he's done the research, he could easily be one of the best.

BTW, was is me, or did Art Eckman seem drunk on more than one occasion?
|
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/2/2012 11:57am
When Im at the races its definitely Tim Cotter and Rob Buydos (spelling)...those guys have the perfect voices for what they do imo...I know when I hear their voices at the track it gets me ready for some racing.
BD49
6/2/2012 6:12pm
Weedge and Kelly.
Graphite
6/2/2012 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2012 6:53pm
Jack Burnicle
with whitham next to him, I think the pair is terrific.

The Shop

bullpen58
6/2/2012 7:05pm
Art Eckman all the way! But David Bailey has got to be on the list too. When DB spoke, it always seems 100% accurate and he never seemed to rip on riders. He had this uncanny ability to critique a rider without belittling him. They were a great team. Made watching the races better.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/2/2012 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2012 8:12pm
I always liked Art Eckman...even though he would foul up at times(Artism's)....matched with Bailey ,they were the best duo.
Art's voiced sounded very professional and the way he worded things it seemed he had some great respect for the sport in a very professional manner.The way he always told a story about a certain rider or incident was also really cool.
Or just how he would refer to a certain rider in a very professional sounding manner & tone of voice,like DV (The young Frenchman) was always super cool.How he would also talk about guys like DV coming over and chasing their dreams was neat also.
Some of his intros to the SX broadcasts were fantastic also.

Here's an old Bar2bar column he wrote.
http://www.motorsport.com/ama/news/supercross-art-eckman-s-bar-to-bar-c…
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/2/2012 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2012 8:24pm
Dano39 wrote:
*Surf Rat Laughing Oh wait...
Hahaha!
During SX one afternoon I was just kidding around in his chat...
I nick named/called him ''Broseph Disco Ball Dude Pickowski'' during the SX season,one of his chat mods kicked me for calling him that.

That dude does some seem pretty cool though and it is neat what he does for the guys over seas.
bullpen58
6/2/2012 8:27pm
FastEddy wrote:
I always liked Art Eckman...even though he would foul up at times(Artism's)....matched with Bailey ,they were the best duo. Art's voiced sounded very professional and the...
I always liked Art Eckman...even though he would foul up at times(Artism's)....matched with Bailey ,they were the best duo.
Art's voiced sounded very professional and the way he worded things it seemed he had some great respect for the sport in a very professional manner.The way he always told a story about a certain rider or incident was also really cool.
Or just how he would refer to a certain rider in a very professional sounding manner & tone of voice,like DV (The young Frenchman) was always super cool.How he would also talk about guys like DV coming over and chasing their dreams was neat also.
Some of his intros to the SX broadcasts were fantastic also.

Here's an old Bar2bar column he wrote.
http://www.motorsport.com/ama/news/supercross-art-eckman-s-bar-to-bar-c…
I agree 100%.

Post a reply to: Your Favourite commentators of all time?

The Latest