X-Games Question

P
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 6:37am
How in the world do you justify inviting Christian Craig to race??? Come on now.

P
|
Farva
7/31/2009 12:28pm
P wrote:
How in the world do you justify inviting Christian Craig to race??? Come on now.

P
Who should take his place?
P
7/31/2009 12:34pm
P wrote:

P
Farva wrote:
Look at this list and tell me that there weren't plenty of other riders to choose from. I'm not bagging on him, but whoever was putting the rider list together.

Athlete Name
Matt Boni
Justin Brayton
Cody Cooper
Christian Craig
Josh Grant
Josh Hansen
Broc Hepler
Josh Hill
Jason Lawrence
Jeremy McGrath
Ryan Morais
Jake Moss
Mike Sleeter
James Stewart
Blake Wharton
Kevin Windham
Mike Sleeter
Heath Voss

P
Ozzy
7/31/2009 12:40pm
Yo yo "P", if that's your m-o,
regardless of who's who
likes dislikes fan foe whatever "Mr. P",
ALL have to qualify in!
Key word, qualify!
get it..............
Besides, the kidz got talent.
seen it meself!
Dave O.Kissing
P
7/31/2009 12:44pm
Ozzy wrote:
Yo yo "P", if that's your m-o, regardless of who's who likes dislikes fan foe whatever "Mr. P", ALL have to qualify in! Key word, qualify...
Yo yo "P", if that's your m-o,
regardless of who's who
likes dislikes fan foe whatever "Mr. P",
ALL have to qualify in!
Key word, qualify!
get it..............
Besides, the kidz got talent.
seen it meself!
Dave O.Kissing
English please.............

P

The Shop

firemedic301
7/31/2009 12:44pm
P wrote:

P
Farva wrote:
P wrote:
Look at this list and tell me that there weren't plenty of other riders to choose from. I'm not bagging on him, but whoever was putting...
Look at this list and tell me that there weren't plenty of other riders to choose from. I'm not bagging on him, but whoever was putting the rider list together.

Athlete Name
Matt Boni
Justin Brayton
Cody Cooper
Christian Craig
Josh Grant
Josh Hansen
Broc Hepler
Josh Hill
Jason Lawrence
Jeremy McGrath
Ryan Morais
Jake Moss
Mike Sleeter
James Stewart
Blake Wharton
Kevin Windham
Mike Sleeter
Heath Voss

P
I'm sure invites went out to a lot of guy's on that list.
P
7/31/2009 12:45pm
Farva wrote:
P wrote:
Look at this list and tell me that there weren't plenty of other riders to choose from. I'm not bagging on him, but whoever was putting...

Athlete Name
Matt Boni
Justin Brayton
Cody Cooper
Christian Craig
Josh Grant
Josh Hansen
Broc Hepler
Josh Hill
Jason Lawrence
Jeremy McGrath
Ryan Morais
Jake Moss
Mike Sleeter
James Stewart
Blake Wharton
Kevin Windham
Mike Sleeter
Heath Voss

P
I'm sure invites went out to a lot of guy's on that list.
Ummmmmm, those are the guys are are actually attending.................

P
Titan
7/31/2009 1:03pm
So, how's mike sleeter racing against himself?

And I"m with you on this one P...publicity stunt? is it a "who ya know" thing? What? Doesn't seem right that they'd invite an amature with no professional supercross experience to race against season supercross pros...something is up...
breck
7/31/2009 1:06pm
I agree, but I guess he's looking good... So we'll see...
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/31/2009 1:08pm
X has said in the past they dont necessarily care if they get the top guys. They want marketable guys. A kids very first pro race is pretty easy to hype. Wise choice.
P
7/31/2009 1:17pm
X has said in the past they dont necessarily care if they get the top guys. They want marketable guys. A kids very first pro race...
X has said in the past they dont necessarily care if they get the top guys. They want marketable guys. A kids very first pro race is pretty easy to hype. Wise choice.
I could understand if it were Barcia or someone like that, but the X-Games for his first event??? He might do well, but it just doesn't seem right.

P
RRsis17
7/31/2009 1:19pm
I am sure a lot of guys are concerned about getting hurt (and sponsors too) and not wanting them to not finish the outdoor season!!!! They hav priorities over Xgames!!
P
7/31/2009 1:24pm
RRsis17 wrote:
I am sure a lot of guys are concerned about getting hurt (and sponsors too) and not wanting them to not finish the outdoor season!!!! They...
I am sure a lot of guys are concerned about getting hurt (and sponsors too) and not wanting them to not finish the outdoor season!!!! They hav priorities over Xgames!!
That's understandable, but did they really need to fill the spot with a kid that hasn't ridden a Pro SX?

P
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/31/2009 1:33pm
RRsis17 wrote:
I am sure a lot of guys are concerned about getting hurt (and sponsors too) and not wanting them to not finish the outdoor season!!!! They...
P wrote:
That's understandable, but did they really need to fill the spot with a kid that hasn't ridden a Pro SX?

P
Why not? RD won his first ever pro race in Canada didnt he? A one-off SX event seems like a good place to start a career. No points, one round only, gets the first race jitters out of the way, 10 laps, seems fine to me.
P
7/31/2009 1:39pm
RRsis17 wrote:
P wrote:

P
Why not? RD won his first ever pro race in Canada didnt he? A one-off SX event seems like a good place to start a career...
Why not? RD won his first ever pro race in Canada didnt he? A one-off SX event seems like a good place to start a career. No points, one round only, gets the first race jitters out of the way, 10 laps, seems fine to me.
It just seems that there are more deserving Pro racers out there.

P
huck
7/31/2009 2:17pm
Fucking whiner...is that all you do?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/31/2009 2:18pm
P wrote:

P
Why not? RD won his first ever pro race in Canada didnt he? A one-off SX event seems like a good place to start a career...
P wrote:
It just seems that there are more deserving Pro racers out there.

P
There probably are. And they should fire their agents.
RRsis17
7/31/2009 2:27pm
they take who they can get and who won't require show up money and stuff like that....I know sometimes they do that..not sure if Xgames is ran that way or not...
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
7/31/2009 2:45pm
X has said in the past they dont necessarily care if they get the top guys. They want marketable guys. A kids very first pro race...
If the kid does well , it will make for a great XGames story. Smile
Very marketable!
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
7/31/2009 2:46pm
With the many of the X games disciplines invitations comes from past X participants and notable riders. This was the case in Scott Murray's double back flip. A few wildcard invites come from winning qualified events. If Christian won an event that was a qualifier wildcard event, that allows him to be there.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/31/2009 4:10pm
Tiki wrote:
With the many of the X games disciplines invitations comes from past X participants and notable riders. This was the case in Scott Murray's double back...
With the many of the X games disciplines invitations comes from past X participants and notable riders. This was the case in Scott Murray's double back flip. A few wildcard invites come from winning qualified events. If Christian won an event that was a qualifier wildcard event, that allows him to be there.
X games hasnt had qualifiers since 02 I think
Trip
7/31/2009 4:50pm
I'm X Games invited all the names you know, and if they didn't, I'm sure anyone with a name who didn't get asked, could of asked themselves and been in. As far as Craig goes, who cares? He looked good in practice yesterday, he can handle the track. It's a race though and just signing up doesn't always equal a good result.

Has it come out that someone with a name got bumped for him??

Post a reply to: X-Games Question

The Latest