WTF is Roger D doing?

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 3:42am
Not sure what is going on over at the KTM truck but 3 mechanicals in the last few weeks. Not sure what the deal is here. Perhaps they have reached the point where they cant squeeze anymore power out of the 350? Im not sure if both DNFs today were due to failures or damage but its odd to have a factory team with that many problems in 3 weeks.
|
`ol Ger
3/26/2011 8:03pm
Answer:
Roger is doing his best - as always !
BobbyM
3/26/2011 8:05pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Answer:
WITH what he has
flarider
3/26/2011 8:07pm
hartebreak wrote:
Not sure what is going on over at the KTM truck but 3 mechanicals in the last few weeks. Not sure what the deal is here...
Not sure what is going on over at the KTM truck but 3 mechanicals in the last few weeks. Not sure what the deal is here. Perhaps they have reached the point where they cant squeeze anymore power out of the 350? Im not sure if both DNFs today were due to failures or damage but its odd to have a factory team with that many problems in 3 weeks.
Dungey this season
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/26/2011 8:07pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Answer:
I know he is. I just wonder if they are pushing that 350 so hard that they have reached a point where dependability is now an issue. I know 2 weeks ago it was the TPS. Not sure what either mechanical was tonight with both bikes. I guess if could have been rock damage or something. I guess I just am bummed for the guys, I was really hoping we would get a podium on the Katooms this year.

The Shop

skidsteer16
3/26/2011 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2011 8:51pm
Blame it on the 11mm's and Torx!

Sucks for KTM, big fan of their riders.
3/26/2011 8:11pm
Not sure they are pushing them to hard. I only know two people that own a new 350 and they both had engine problems. Can't polish a turd.
the_wood109
3/26/2011 8:30pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Answer:
hartebreak wrote:
I know he is. I just wonder if they are pushing that 350 so hard that they have reached a point where dependability is now an...
I know he is. I just wonder if they are pushing that 350 so hard that they have reached a point where dependability is now an issue. I know 2 weeks ago it was the TPS. Not sure what either mechanical was tonight with both bikes. I guess if could have been rock damage or something. I guess I just am bummed for the guys, I was really hoping we would get a podium on the Katooms this year.
Thread title "WTF is Roger D doing?"

He is running a race team, what the fuck do think he is doing? Last time I checked, he is a team manager. He doesn't manufacture parts, test parts, and dictate what happens to the riders on the bike.

How about you blame Everts for the bike? Better yet, just blame KTM. At this rate, we can just start blaming the sport for using mechanical parts that fucking break from time to time.

Impulsive blame isn't the answer to your own personal downfalls as a fan of the sport.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/26/2011 8:38pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Answer:
hartebreak wrote:
I know he is. I just wonder if they are pushing that 350 so hard that they have reached a point where dependability is now an...
Thread title "WTF is Roger D doing?" He is running a race team, what the fuck do think he is doing? Last time I checked, he...

He is running a race team, what the fuck do think he is doing? Last time I checked, he is a team manager. He doesn't manufacture parts, test parts, and dictate what happens to the riders on the bike.

How about you blame Everts for the bike? Better yet, just blame KTM. At this rate, we can just start blaming the sport for using mechanical parts that fucking break from time to time.

Impulsive blame isn't the answer to your own personal downfalls as a fan of the sport.
well obviously it isnt Rogers fault for the mechanicals but he is in charge of what is going on over there and ultimately he is in charge of what parts get used. I guess my question is what have they done recently that has resulted in problems. All last year in the Nats and all year this year up until 3 weeks ago there werent any problems then all of a sudden 3? Obviously the bikes are race machines running on the ragged edge but I just wonder if they have changed something up recently looking for more HP that has resulted in reliablitiy issues. 3 Holy's last week prove that they are gaining speed and HP as the season wears on.
the_wood109
3/26/2011 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2011 8:44pm
hartebreak wrote:
Thread title "WTF is Roger D doing?" He is running a race team, what the fuck do think he is doing? Last time I checked, he...

hartebreak wrote:
well obviously it isnt Rogers fault for the mechanicals but he is in charge of what is going on over there and ultimately he is in...
well obviously it isnt Rogers fault for the mechanicals but he is in charge of what is going on over there and ultimately he is in charge of what parts get used. I guess my question is what have they done recently that has resulted in problems. All last year in the Nats and all year this year up until 3 weeks ago there werent any problems then all of a sudden 3? Obviously the bikes are race machines running on the ragged edge but I just wonder if they have changed something up recently looking for more HP that has resulted in reliablitiy issues. 3 Holy's last week prove that they are gaining speed and HP as the season wears on.
Well, learn how to title your impulsive threads better then.

Roger is one man, he doesn't control what happens to the fucking bikes. He is a manager, not an engineer. He isn't a test rider, the RD department, or the manufacturer. He is a team manager, and he is pretty fucking good at it.
RACEGUY
3/26/2011 8:49pm
Since nobody is coming up with reliable information as to what the actual failures were, maybe we should wait to conclude ANYTHING. Just a thought.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
3/26/2011 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2011 8:52pm
Decoster isnt a mechanic is he?
MX690
3/26/2011 8:53pm
It 's the linkage, get rid of that damn linkage. Oh wait......
jmar
3/26/2011 9:39pm
mxrider225 wrote:
Decoster isnt a mechanic is he?
Just because there's a mechanical failure doesn't mean it's a problem with the mechanic. I am just now getting online tonight and just finding out what went down tonight.

What happen to Shorts bike tonight?

BTW: Frank Latham, Short's mechanic is no slouch and been around for quite a while.
jmar
3/26/2011 9:40pm
hartebreak wrote:
Not sure what is going on over at the KTM truck but 3 mechanicals in the last few weeks. Not sure what the deal is here...
Let me break it down for you.

Shit happens.
jasonv43
3/26/2011 10:38pm
Perssonally, I blame the Davalos twins for this whole thing.
Torco1
3/26/2011 10:39pm
jasonv43 wrote:
What are you doing here at this hour?
jtomasik
3/26/2011 10:41pm
hartebreak wrote:
well obviously it isnt Rogers fault for the mechanicals but he is in charge of what is going on over there and ultimately he is in...
They're fucking KTM's. You should be kissing DeCoster's ass for putting the pumpkin bikes on the map.
observer
3/26/2011 10:45pm
hartebreak wrote:
jmar wrote:
Let me break it down for you.

Shit happens.
Grinning yep, pretty sums it up...
jasonv43
3/26/2011 10:47pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
Working on my street cred.

I figured you would be knee deep in some @#$% and @#@@$%& on a Saturday night. Why are you here?
vusovich814
3/26/2011 10:56pm
Bandito121 wrote:
Not sure they are pushing them to hard. I only know two people that own a new 350 and they both had engine problems. Can't polish...
Not sure they are pushing them to hard. I only know two people that own a new 350 and they both had engine problems. Can't polish a turd.
I used to think like you. Then I rode one. Now I own one. I love my 350.

Roger is getting his ducks in a row. Preparing his 350's for a top tier rider for next year (RD)
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
3/26/2011 10:57pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I call bullshit.

So what I read on another more credible forum was that Roger D is actually Martin's father, from some long ago GP in a South American Country. He won, so he had a little "after party" with some of the locals to celebrate. Duh, winning! Then momma met another local, and had some girls.

Obviously the Davalos twins are not only hot as hell (and have hot asses), but they also indirectly and unknowingly contributed psych moves to Reed and Dungey (both former Roger D underlings) who are now battling for the championship.

We need Davalos twins pics or it never happened....
Torco1
3/26/2011 10:58pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:

I figured you would be knee deep in some @#$% and @#@@$%& on a Saturday night. Why are you here?
I always peek in when I get the chance on the weekends.
jasonv43
3/26/2011 10:59pm
Torco1 wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:

Torco1 wrote:
Yeah me too. Bummed that the race wasn't live. Sounded like another good one. Looks like I will be going to Vegas this year.
Torco1
3/26/2011 11:03pm
jasonv43 wrote:

Torco1 wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
Yeah me too. Bummed that the race wasn't live. Sounded like another good one. Looks like I will be going to Vegas this year.
Yeah, Vegas is starting to look like a must this year.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/26/2011 11:04pm
Bandito121 wrote:
Not sure they are pushing them to hard. I only know two people that own a new 350 and they both had engine problems. Can't polish...
I have one, best bike I have ever ridden (my modded YZ250 is a close second). Have not had a single problem (unlike the Honda I have which is torn down for a valve job right now...again...). Take care of of the KTM, ride it, and it won't let ya down. It's a great bike, props to KTM.
RMZ819
3/27/2011 1:38am
hartebreak wrote:
The bikes are fine and so is the KTM team. Shit happens. Bikes break.

The 350 is as good any any bike on the line.
mxmaniac08
3/27/2011 3:56am
hartebreak wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
The bikes are fine and so is the KTM team. Shit happens. Bikes break.

The 350 is as good any any bike on the line.
well said..
GG83
3/27/2011 5:01am
MX690 wrote:
It 's the linkage, get rid of that damn linkage. Oh wait......
True ! :-)

Post a reply to: WTF is Roger D doing?

The Latest