Edited Date/Time 2/12/2013 10:14pm
on now,if ur not watchin it you should turn it on
|
MXR
2/10/2013 10:02am
That was an awesome show .
jeffro503
2/10/2013 10:07am
I'm not sure we got it here in the NW? There was something else listed ( supposed to be on CBS correct?). Would of liked to of seen it. Just going to have to wait until it gets uploaded online.

The Shop

zippy895
2/10/2013 10:09am
now we need a pole from parents on this board if its worth it or not , pushing thier child through all that.
motogrady
2/10/2013 10:10am
Donna got me from the garage to catch most of it.
It was pretty good, I thought, she connected with the personal stuff,
like when RV's wife started talking about "just wanting a normal family".

Nice granite kitchen counter top, I'll tell you that.
mx_563
2/10/2013 10:13am
The way it was presented was too melodramatic for my taste. I enjoyed the candid stuff with Aldon though.
NoGo
2/10/2013 10:17am
mx_563 wrote:
The way it was presented was too melodramatic for my taste. I enjoyed the candid stuff with Aldon though.
I really liked the parts with aldon and weimer as well. I wonder where his grandparents were for this?
yz76
2/10/2013 10:29am
shit i missed it is there any replays
Hut
2/10/2013 10:32am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm not sure we got it here in the NW? There was something else listed ( supposed to be on CBS correct?). Would of liked to...
I'm not sure we got it here in the NW? There was something else listed ( supposed to be on CBS correct?). Would of liked to of seen it. Just going to have to wait until it gets uploaded online.
Yep CBS I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. I don't see any replays on the guide
gjbruny
2/10/2013 10:32am
i enjoyed the show but its really sad what this sport seems to do to many families. seems like it is the same story for many riders after they start getting paid big salaries at an age that is probably the worst time for them to be making that kind of money. also says a lot for guys like RD5 who have said "i started this with them (family) and i'll be damned if i don't finish it with them."

what i didn't like about the show is that if they are trying to grow the sport and attract new people to it, that show was about the worst way to get a new family into motocross. jmo
Jakes Dad
2/10/2013 10:46am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2013 10:49am
zippy895 wrote:
now we need a pole from parents on this board if its worth it or not , pushing thier child through all that.
Absolutely not.

If he wants to race, we race. If he wants to fish, we fish.
NoGo
2/10/2013 11:02am
zippy895 wrote:
Jakes Dad wrote:
Absolutely not.

okay.

so here's another question. are you just gunna let your kid quit whatever he wants? what will that teach him?
Hut
2/10/2013 12:38pm
We just finished watching it. 2 thumbs up. Cool
Jakes Dad
2/10/2013 12:51pm
zippy895 wrote:
Jakes Dad wrote:
Absolutely not.

NoGo wrote:
okay.

so here's another question. are you just gunna let your kid quit whatever he wants? what will that teach him?
He will not quit when at the track, it's 100% or Dad would be very pissed. At 15 puberty and testosterone have kicked in leaves very little room for quit. He doesn't race nationally but did his best this year at the Fl. Winter Am's where half the field were national level riders and he beat a few. This added fuel to his fire so he's always looking forward to the track.

That being said teenager's and parenting came to a head this past week and his smart mouth got him parked.

My kid hasn't shown quit yet, 8th grade football he broke his thumb 1st game of the season. He was only 85lbs playing outside linebacker and got his ass handed to him most of the time. BUT he went to every practice ran sprints and laps knowing the Doctor said he should be able to play the last game of the season. And he did ending the game with a 250lb fullback laying on top of him, but he brought him down!!
sundios
2/10/2013 1:27pm
any body know any link to watch it? :/
musmanni
2/10/2013 1:39pm
zippy895 wrote:
Jakes Dad wrote:
Absolutely not.

NoGo wrote:
okay.

What's wrong with quitting? I quit everything I don't like. I am a curious guy, so I will try or do anything. I tried playing the saxophone in the school band, realized it was boring as fuck, so I quit. I raced mx for a long time, but quit to get an education.

If you want your kids to lead miserable lives, brainwash them into thinking it is never ok to quit.

Quitting shit I don't like or care about frees up time and energy for the things I love, which has made me quite successful.

My dad had that "never quit" attitude, so we butted heads all the time. He now realizes he might have been wrong after seeing me accomplish more already than he could have ever dreamed.
NoGo
2/10/2013 1:52pm
musmanni wrote:
What's wrong with quitting? I quit everything I don't like. I am a curious guy, so I will try or do anything. I tried playing the...
What's wrong with quitting? I quit everything I don't like. I am a curious guy, so I will try or do anything. I tried playing the saxophone in the school band, realized it was boring as fuck, so I quit. I raced mx for a long time, but quit to get an education.

If you want your kids to lead miserable lives, brainwash them into thinking it is never ok to quit.

Quitting shit I don't like or care about frees up time and energy for the things I love, which has made me quite successful.

My dad had that "never quit" attitude, so we butted heads all the time. He now realizes he might have been wrong after seeing me accomplish more already than he could have ever dreamed.
it's not so much that you should never quit it's that you can't just quit when you don't like something or when things don't go your way.i think majority of kids out there would agree that school is "boring as fuck" if their parents let them simply quit this country would be a lot worse off than it already is.

trying different things to find out what it is you like or are good at is completely different than quitting everything you don't like is different in my opinion.
2/10/2013 2:03pm
I take there isn't any form of on-line catch up or on-demand service over there?
Phxsparky12
2/10/2013 4:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm not sure we got it here in the NW? There was something else listed ( supposed to be on CBS correct?). Would of liked to...
wasn't on here in Portland. The had it listed on CBS HD???....which I don't get. Not on regular CBSSports..
2/10/2013 5:12pm
great show. I feel like rooting for RV today.
I can only imagine there are other stories similar to his and how he was raised.
Jakes Dad
2/10/2013 5:22pm
A little of my philosophy;

"Loving a child doesn't mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult."

If they've taken a little from this then the bumps in the road life deals them shouldn't be so difficult.
Saltybrad
2/10/2013 5:25pm
zippy895 wrote:
Jakes Dad wrote:
Absolutely not.

Kept an eye out for you at Dade City yesterday. The sponsor cup race was a good one.
bents
Fantasy
811th
2/10/2013 5:41pm
I thought it was very well done and captured the reality and the struggles of making it to the top. Most that reach the pinnacle of their profession have similar stories I'm sure, many without the potential reality of ending up in a wheelchair or worse. I really enjoyed it.
grimey
2/10/2013 6:47pm
Interesting clip when RV had some comments to Aldon. I was a little surprised that he gets in fits with the premier trainer.
Don't know what that was all about, seems like a pissing contest between those 2.
Meanwhile Weimer pretends he's not there
Stephon
2/10/2013 7:16pm
Simple.

RV HATES training. Aldon knows he HAS to do it in order to win. RV knows Aldon is right. So they talk smack...while getting the job done.

Weimer is just a different kinda guy... and also a winner.
-espionage-
Fantasy
1596th
2/10/2013 7:33pm
Forgot to set my DVR this morning before I left :/ Hopefully it shows up on youtube soon.

Post a reply to: Ryan Villopoto: A Champion

The Latest