Reed's Tweet

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:33pm
Heard my buddy fisher got fired today what a shame. Guess he found out someone else is VERY powerful...
Twitter for iPhone • 10/3/11 5:10 PM
Mike Fisher? Anyone know anything about this? Who's this powerful person?
|
englishman
10/3/2011 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2011 2:42pm
Based on what I heard from a friend who works at Kawasaki earlier this year that's right on the money.

In fighting ( literally between a couple guys right around Pala ), back biting & a general feeling of animosity within the team.

They wanted to can him midseason but let him be because RV was killing it.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/3/2011 2:41pm
Probably talking about the guy who is in charge of all racing programs at kawasaki, Fisher has a boss i wouldnt wanna mess with.
sec114
10/3/2011 2:41pm
so i guess mike webb was not only manager to get fired? this powerful person is probably some exec in Japan, but im a nobody and idk.
10/3/2011 2:43pm
Really don't think he would get fired, he just managed the team that won the 2011 MX and SX titles. That wouldn't make too much sense to me but I guess sh*t happens so maybe

The Shop

wawazat
10/3/2011 2:44pm
My guess is a certain pipe manufacturer who is not in charge of fmf, had something to say about this..
Zycki11
10/3/2011 2:45pm
wawazat wrote:
My guess is a certain pipe manufacturer who is not in charge of fmf, had something to say about this..
BOLD
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/3/2011 2:47pm
sec114 wrote:
so i guess mike webb was not only manager to get fired? this powerful person is probably some exec in Japan, but im a nobody and...
so i guess mike webb was not only manager to get fired? this powerful person is probably some exec in Japan, but im a nobody and idk.
Ohh there is a Japanaese man who is his boss but he is stationed here trust me Wink
peelout
10/3/2011 2:52pm
wawazat wrote:
hmm... very interesting point
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/3/2011 2:57pm
Yeah, I'd guess that Mitch is who he's talking about.

Reid Nordin is overall racing boss at Kawasaki here in the U.S.

I heard a rumor at Pala that Monster Energy Kawasaki might be back using Pro Circuit stuff in '12.
englishman
10/3/2011 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2011 2:59pm
wawazat wrote:
peelout wrote:
hmm... very interesting point
Yes, he may have had an opinion on it ,but Fisher didn't need any outside assistance in getting the boot he did it to himself.
10/3/2011 3:00pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, I'd guess that Mitch is who he's talking about. Reid Nordin is overall racing boss at Kawasaki here in the U.S. I heard a rumor...

I heard a rumor at Pala that Monster Energy Kawasaki might be back using Pro Circuit stuff in '12.
Reid Nordin laying down the law! Pretty crazy switching from PC to FMF might have very well led to this, FMF kind of screwed them twice this season then with the energy drink and Factory Kawi dropped them and got pipes straight from the factory then Mike Fisher possibly getting fired over the switch to them!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/3/2011 3:04pm
RedRider28 wrote:
Reid Nordin laying down the law! Pretty crazy switching from PC to FMF might have very well led to this, FMF kind of screwed them twice...
Reid Nordin laying down the law! Pretty crazy switching from PC to FMF might have very well led to this, FMF kind of screwed them twice this season then with the energy drink and Factory Kawi dropped them and got pipes straight from the factory then Mike Fisher possibly getting fired over the switch to them!
I didn't say it was official, I said it was a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. I couldn't tell which pipe they were running as I drove by on the freeway today. Wink
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/3/2011 3:06pm
RedRider28 wrote:
Reid Nordin laying down the law! Pretty crazy switching from PC to FMF might have very well led to this, FMF kind of screwed them twice...
GuyB wrote:
I didn't say it was official, I said it was a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. I couldn't tell which pipe they were running...
I didn't say it was official, I said it was a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. I couldn't tell which pipe they were running as I drove by on the freeway today. Wink
Last week they were still running the in house pipes. Villo's looked different than any they had used before, no color to the can straight titanium.
easy_e
10/3/2011 3:06pm
englishman wrote:
Yes, he may have had an opinion on it ,but Fisher didn't need any outside assistance in getting the boot he did it to himself.
Seems like a decent guy..you think there's more to it than the fmf/pc dealio?
englishman
10/3/2011 3:10pm
englishman wrote:
easy_e wrote:
From what a friend who has worked at Kawasaki for YEARS tells me, yes for sure. I'd doubt the FMF thing was much of a consideration when compared to the internal issues that were going on.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/3/2011 3:12pm
englishman wrote:
easy_e wrote:
I agree with englishman i've heard a few opinions from people inside kawasaki and i have a feeling that it has more to do than the fmf thing...
machine
10/3/2011 3:12pm
englishman wrote:
easy_e wrote:
you would hope, that's a pretty crappy power play if it's true. Would make me loose respect for Mitch if he's somehow behind it.
10/3/2011 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2011 4:06pm
RedRider28 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I didn't say it was official, I said it was a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. I couldn't tell which pipe they were running...
I wasn't talking about anything being official for them running PC in 2012 was talking about them running PC then switching to FMF last year then FMF kind of screwing them with the energy drink and Kawi dropping them and going with a pipe straight from the Factory
reded
10/3/2011 3:18pm
Leads me to believe that Reed and this VERY powerful person maybe didn't see eye to eye during his short stint at Kawasaki?
Titan1
10/3/2011 3:36pm
reded wrote:
Leads me to believe that Reed and this VERY powerful person maybe didn't see eye to eye during his short stint at Kawasaki?
From reeds interview in TWMX (I think that current issue) it sounds like he didn't see eye to eye with very many people during his stint at Kawi...He didn't like how the team was run.
Sherwood
10/3/2011 3:56pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, I'd guess that Mitch is who he's talking about. Reid Nordin is overall racing boss at Kawasaki here in the U.S. I heard a rumor...

I thought Matthes had said that part of the deal for PC to re-sign with Kawaski and run the 250f team was that the 450 team would be using his pipes, but I could be wrong.
Uncleof2
10/3/2011 4:07pm
GuyB wrote:

They were both at Ryan's wedding on Sat. night.
10/3/2011 5:22pm
Once again Reed getting his jollies on someone else's misfortune. You won't see Dungey, Villopoto, or Canard pulling stunts like that. And he's the oldest one of the bunch.
Motodrew295
10/3/2011 5:43pm
reded wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
From reeds interview in TWMX (I think that current issue) it sounds like he didn't see eye to eye with very many people during his stint...
From reeds interview in TWMX (I think that current issue) it sounds like he didn't see eye to eye with very many people during his stint at Kawi...He didn't like how the team was run.
Read that as well, Titan. Actually surprised he had an allies on the Kawi team. But if any one would know it would be Reed.

And Neverwas, how is he getting jollies off? He was just showing that he has his buddy's back. He was involved with some degree of drama with the team and I think he is not stepping on any toes commenting on the situation. The younger guys you are comparing him to haven't seen the sport like he has. So saying that they would never pull a stunt like that is just too hypothetical.
Premixed
10/3/2011 6:35pm
Once again Reed getting his jollies on someone else's misfortune. You won't see Dungey, Villopoto, or Canard pulling stunts like that. And he's the oldest one...
Once again Reed getting his jollies on someone else's misfortune. You won't see Dungey, Villopoto, or Canard pulling stunts like that. And he's the oldest one of the bunch.
i think he is just expressing how grateful he is to be in charge of his own destiny at this point. gloating a bit. of the names you threw out, only one of them is a team owner.
10/3/2011 7:35pm
Does anyone know who is going to replace fish?
My guess is someone expendable for a short while. Then eventually Mitch be the factory effort.

Post a reply to: Reed's Tweet

The Latest