R-Tech plastics

What's the general consensus on R-Tech? Halfway decent? Looking up picking up 1-2 sets of their stuff.
|
CSAR FE
Posts
645
Joined
5/30/2017
Location
Tucson, AZ, USA
5/26/2020 8:13pm
Bought a set for my 450X and they were of good quality.
PJRAUS
Posts
1531
Joined
5/28/2016
Location
AU
5/27/2020 1:30am
I put a set on my 06 yz 125..they were the oem style ,not a re style .
Rear fender is good radiator shrouds fit badly not formed right and I have to basically bend them on once they are bolted up the top corners bow out from the tank and look awful.
The front fender was about an inch too long at the rear..I had to cut that much off so it didnt jam solid in the radiator shrouds.
Side panels were ok..
Overall Id have to say I won't ever buy r tech plastic again
bvm111
Posts
10187
Joined
7/1/2008
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
5/27/2020 7:23am
i have finally settled on UFO for my plastics, everything lines up well, color matches, and has good shine and thickness like OEM.

3
Jamal#440
Posts
273
Joined
12/23/2016
Location
USA
5/27/2020 9:47am
PJRAUS wrote:
I put a set on my 06 yz 125..they were the oem style ,not a re style . Rear fender is good radiator shrouds fit badly...
I put a set on my 06 yz 125..they were the oem style ,not a re style .
Rear fender is good radiator shrouds fit badly not formed right and I have to basically bend them on once they are bolted up the top corners bow out from the tank and look awful.
The front fender was about an inch too long at the rear..I had to cut that much off so it didnt jam solid in the radiator shrouds.
Side panels were ok..
Overall Id have to say I won't ever buy r tech plastic again
If you used the restyle do you think the same problems would happen?

The Shop

yak651
Posts
9074
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
5/27/2020 11:23am
I used the restyle kit for my '05 and '06 YZ125 and didn't have any of these issues. This was 2-3 years ago so maybe something changed with their process or suppliers?
f052zy8002
Posts
34
Joined
1/23/2017
Location
West Milford, NJ, USA
5/27/2020 1:50pm
I bought a set from Decal works for my 13 250F with graphics installed. Not a fan personally. The fit for the shrouds was inconsistent, I had to bend them to fit and they bow around the tank. The front fender was deformed out of the box, Decal works told me to use a heat gun to fix it. I was not pleased. I couldn't get it right.

Rear fender and side plates fit OK, not great. Some gap around the airbox area.
PJRAUS
Posts
1531
Joined
5/28/2016
Location
AU
5/27/2020 5:49pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I put a set on my 06 yz 125..they were the oem style ,not a re style . Rear fender is good radiator shrouds fit badly...
I put a set on my 06 yz 125..they were the oem style ,not a re style .
Rear fender is good radiator shrouds fit badly not formed right and I have to basically bend them on once they are bolted up the top corners bow out from the tank and look awful.
The front fender was about an inch too long at the rear..I had to cut that much off so it didnt jam solid in the radiator shrouds.
Side panels were ok..
Overall Id have to say I won't ever buy r tech plastic again
Jamal#440 wrote:
If you used the restyle do you think the same problems would happen?
I honestly dont know, but for them to mess up the oem replacement stuff for my model like that...just not gonna bother with them

Post a reply to: R-Tech plastics

The Latest