Plessinger on the wrong team?

bobojim
So on MX Nation Ep 6, Gareth Swanepoel said how he and the team manager Bobby Regan look for riders who hate losing. See from about 8:10.

On the other hand AP is a laid back guy who clearly doesn't fit this mold, but is still blindly quick at time - e.g. matching Coopers times in practice etc.

Pretty clear differences in MO.

Obviously AP wants to ride and wants to win. I would suggest the team is not providing the motivational framework he needs to perform to his ability. Instead of trying to conform to the teams way like he communicates in the video, I think he would be better of in a different environment.

Pretty obvious this season he is not meeting his potential, and the above sounds like part of the problem to me.
|
hillbilly
8/13/2016 4:40am
Paying dues,next year he will be the big dog.
Crush
8/13/2016 4:45am
Swanny's comment about dudes who hate to lose was pretty cool...

You think about it, the dudes who have been THE guy in each generation, that's the common thread.... not how bad they wanted to win, the elite guys all want too, but it's among those freaks, the guy who says fuck that, i'm not losing... they just make it happen, even racing other all timers.

Pretty cool.
8/13/2016 4:48am
"Guys who hate to lose" topic just came up with O Show and Ward on Inside The Rut, Watson's podcast.
Question
8/13/2016 5:34am

I think it is necessary thing for a young rider; being ok to finish 2nd or 3rd in 250 doesnt bring a good ride in 450, 95% of the 450 factory riders won at least 1 championship. It is possible to be cool, relax, but also say "We are working a lot and I am happy with the team and my riding, but I am so fu... pi... off to finish second, I learnt a lot today and no way I will let xxx goes like that next week end !!!

The Shop

bobojim
8/13/2016 3:06pm
hillbilly wrote:
Paying dues,next year he will be the big dog.
I am not sure that will help - that's my point.

Post a reply to: Plessinger on the wrong team?

The Latest