MX School Lesson #1

JACK_Schit
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:42pm
What does making your bed every day (in the A.M.) have in common with being a successful racer?
|
jndmx
4/1/2010 10:28am
I never make my bed.....

That is why I am not a successful racer?

So you are saying that smoothing out your sheets and blankets is more important that practice and training?

Racer111
4/1/2010 10:31am
jndmx wrote:
I never make my bed..... That is why I am not a successful racer? So you are saying that smoothing out your sheets and blankets is...
I never make my bed.....

So you are saying that smoothing out your sheets and blankets is more important that practice and training?

Don't second guess yourself now. The guy knows his username about anything racing!
jndmx
4/1/2010 10:38am
jndmx wrote:
I never make my bed..... That is why I am not a successful racer? So you are saying that smoothing out your sheets and blankets is...
I never make my bed.....

Racer111 wrote:
Don't second guess yourself now. The guy knows his username about anything racing!

All this time I was hearing folks talk about corner speed....little did I know they meant "Hospital Corners".

Damn you 100% cotton sheets!!!!
JACK_Schit
4/1/2010 10:45am
jndmx wrote:
I never make my bed.....

I'm not saying anything, just asking....

BTW, your avatar logo is cool, I dig the chrome look Smile

The Shop

JACK_Schit
4/1/2010 10:49am
Racer111 wrote:
Racer111 - dude!!!! some of you guys could be writers for Jon Stewart @ The Daily Show - Love the creativity around here! SERIOUSLY Smile
jndmx
4/1/2010 11:05am
JACK_Schit wrote:
I'm not saying anything, just asking....

BTW, your avatar logo is cool, I dig the chrome look Smile
Thanks!

mx918
4/1/2010 11:11am
If you live a sloppy lifestyle, that mentality carries over into everything you do.
friday10
4/1/2010 9:08pm
mx918 wrote:
If you live a sloppy lifestyle, that mentality carries over into everything you do.
BINGO! Hey Michael, 918 was my number when I raced some nationals in 1977. Good Luck with it !
XBUTCHX
4/1/2010 9:19pm
mx918 wrote:
friday10 wrote:
BINGO! Hey Michael, 918 was my number when I raced some nationals in 1977. Good Luck with it !
Are you guys kidding ! 10 to 1 RC never made his bed in the morning.
roguemx
4/1/2010 9:33pm
JACK_Schit wrote:
What does making your bed every day (in the A.M.) have in common with being a successful racer?
Your parents yell at you to make sure it's done?
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
4/1/2010 10:31pm
I don't know where the lesson came from but I'm a strong believer that it is good practice and does change the whole outlook on your entire day, week, month and life if you grasp the habit. I think it has something to do with self respect and an appreciation of the little things in life. Give it a try if you don't believe me.

I'm proud to say that I took the lesson from my Grandpa that passed away last year. He lived to be 100 years old and just missed being 101. When my Grandma died, he moved in with me and with help of family we took care of him. He had his own bathroom adjacent to his bedroom. Even though he usually got up around 7 in the morning he wouldn't make it out of his room and bathroom routine until around 10. I was amazed the first time I seen this 98 year old making his bed. He did it every morning. It might take him at least 20 min. but he'd do it every morning. Seeing him strain and working hard to make his bed really made you feel like shit to walk into your room and see a messed up bed.

In the years that followed I had to smile everyday when his bed was made. I found it to just be amazing that he still did it. Needless to say I make my bed everyday. After he passed I've had a couple occasions that I have been on crutches. It might have taken me over 5 min. to make my bed but it was then that I started to get an understanding of why he did it.

It is a life lesson and something that will spill over into your day. Kind of like mowing your own yard. Its a pain in the ass but there is something therapeutic about it. You might not get it now but someday you will. Just keep your eyes open and one day you'll understand and appreciate.

ShookOne
4/1/2010 10:46pm
i fuck so many moto hoes that my bed looks like Douaumont after WW1 so i dont even bother
level
4/2/2010 6:17am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 6:18am
JACK_Schit wrote:
level
4/2/2010 6:19am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:50pm
Let me try this again.

From Web Downloads

" class="img-fluid" />
level
4/2/2010 6:20am
haha. I fucked something up.
2TYam27
4/2/2010 11:18am
I don't know where the lesson came from but I'm a strong believer that it is good practice and does change the whole outlook on your...
I don't know where the lesson came from but I'm a strong believer that it is good practice and does change the whole outlook on your entire day, week, month and life if you grasp the habit. I think it has something to do with self respect and an appreciation of the little things in life. Give it a try if you don't believe me.

I'm proud to say that I took the lesson from my Grandpa that passed away last year. He lived to be 100 years old and just missed being 101. When my Grandma died, he moved in with me and with help of family we took care of him. He had his own bathroom adjacent to his bedroom. Even though he usually got up around 7 in the morning he wouldn't make it out of his room and bathroom routine until around 10. I was amazed the first time I seen this 98 year old making his bed. He did it every morning. It might take him at least 20 min. but he'd do it every morning. Seeing him strain and working hard to make his bed really made you feel like shit to walk into your room and see a messed up bed.

In the years that followed I had to smile everyday when his bed was made. I found it to just be amazing that he still did it. Needless to say I make my bed everyday. After he passed I've had a couple occasions that I have been on crutches. It might have taken me over 5 min. to make my bed but it was then that I started to get an understanding of why he did it.

It is a life lesson and something that will spill over into your day. Kind of like mowing your own yard. Its a pain in the ass but there is something therapeutic about it. You might not get it now but someday you will. Just keep your eyes open and one day you'll understand and appreciate.

Thats a great story. Thanks for sharing!
mx918
4/2/2010 11:30am
mx918 wrote:
friday10 wrote:
Thanks bro, I'm having some alright luck so far!

Post a reply to: MX School Lesson #1

The Latest