Lake Elsinore MX

Torco1
Edited Date/Time 2/10/2012 8:46pm
Do any of you know if Elsinore is charging a membership fee yet? Everywhere I've looked doesn't really say if they are.
Thanks buckaroos.
|
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2914th
2/10/2012 9:44am
Torco from what I have seen they are not charging yet, or at least as of last weekend they werent. I was told they are'nt fully set up yet to keep it all organized etc....... I say take your time Elsinore Smile
jeffro503
2/10/2012 9:48am
Don't know anything about the membership thing....but I have 4 buddies riding that track this very second....as I'm typing this. I WAS supposed to be with them and ended up having to move back to Portland , so I got screwed. Just got a text from BigDaddyG and he says he loves the place! Welp......I'm back off to work. This really sucks ass.
Torco1
2/10/2012 9:51am
Torco from what I have seen they are not charging yet, or at least as of last weekend they werent. I was told they are'nt fully...
Torco from what I have seen they are not charging yet, or at least as of last weekend they werent. I was told they are'nt fully set up yet to keep it all organized etc....... I say take your time Elsinore Smile
Yeah, you're right. Chad from Elsinore just emailed me back and told me there are no memberships required right now. And yes, they can take as long as they like.
Torco1
2/10/2012 9:52am
jeffro503 wrote:
Don't know anything about the membership thing....but I have 4 buddies riding that track this very second....as I'm typing this. I WAS supposed to be with...
Don't know anything about the membership thing....but I have 4 buddies riding that track this very second....as I'm typing this. I WAS supposed to be with them and ended up having to move back to Portland , so I got screwed. Just got a text from BigDaddyG and he says he loves the place! Welp......I'm back off to work. This really sucks ass.
I'm going to check it out tomorrow, I'll let you know how the track is.

The Shop

mxer613
2/10/2012 10:29am
jeffro503 wrote:
Don't know anything about the membership thing....but I have 4 buddies riding that track this very second....as I'm typing this. I WAS supposed to be with...
Jeffro, Mtn. View opens in a month and half!!! Hang in there buddy
MMCDan
2/10/2012 10:57am
Rode there last Sunday, no membership fee.
Lightning78
2/10/2012 12:41pm
This "membership" stuff is a Fuckin racket! You have to pay for one at just about every track and they do nothing for you but cost you extra money the first time you go there and a year later so if you want to ride a variety of tracks you have to pay for at least 5 memberships and it really sucks! It's a fuggin ripoff!
2/10/2012 1:02pm
This "membership" stuff is a Fuckin racket! You have to pay for one at just about every track and they do nothing for you but cost...
This "membership" stuff is a Fuckin racket! You have to pay for one at just about every track and they do nothing for you but cost you extra money the first time you go there and a year later so if you want to ride a variety of tracks you have to pay for at least 5 memberships and it really sucks! It's a fuggin ripoff!
I understand people's frustration with the membership deal but you have to consider how cheap it is to ride a fully prepped track already. I rode Elsinore in January and paying only $25 seemed like it was a pretty sweet deal even if I had to pay an extra amount for a membership(which I didn't) They probably have a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of heavy iron out there and those things eat lots of diesel fuel. Check and see what it costs to ride a track day at a road race course.
The other way to appreciate the relatively cheap rding fees is to build and maintain and prep your own track on a regular basis, that's what opened my eyes to how good we have it.
DadeRacing
2/10/2012 2:03pm
This "membership" stuff is a Fuckin racket! You have to pay for one at just about every track and they do nothing for you but cost...
not a racket, it's so you can't sue them.....Can't sue your own club!
Lightning78
2/10/2012 3:44pm
DadeRacing wrote:
I understand that..... I was more referring to collusion by the tracks individually (oxymoron I know) but if I want to go to starwest I have to pat for a $25 or more membership, same with Elsinore, pala, and more. Now add that up if you feel like riding one track this weekend and another the next ..... It adds up really fast
Torco1
2/10/2012 3:48pm
DadeRacing wrote:
I understand that..... I was more referring to collusion by the tracks individually (oxymoron I know) but if I want to go to starwest I have...
I understand that..... I was more referring to collusion by the tracks individually (oxymoron I know) but if I want to go to starwest I have to pat for a $25 or more membership, same with Elsinore, pala, and more. Now add that up if you feel like riding one track this weekend and another the next ..... It adds up really fast
A couple of years ago I ended up getting that gold membership at Milestone where they deduct $49 a month from my checking account and you get unlimited riding. So far for me that has been by far the best deal out there.

Tomorrow is somewhat of a make or break riding day for me. I've been having a lot of pretty bad problems lately from all my past injuries. If it doesn't go well, it might be my last day of riding ever.
Lightning78
2/10/2012 4:59pm
Torco1 wrote:
A couple of years ago I ended up getting that gold membership at Milestone where they deduct $49 a month from my checking account and you...
A couple of years ago I ended up getting that gold membership at Milestone where they deduct $49 a month from my checking account and you get unlimited riding. So far for me that has been by far the best deal out there.

Tomorrow is somewhat of a make or break riding day for me. I've been having a lot of pretty bad problems lately from all my past injuries. If it doesn't go well, it might be my last day of riding ever.
Torco, I have that same membership and its creaking awesome!! However it defeats the purpose if going anywhere else bec I pay to ride there. Imo that's the 2nd best idea ever ....I'm cooking up am idea that would trump that.

My beef is with the arbitrary memberships you have to get just to be able to PAY to ride some of the other places pay for a year "membership" then pay the normal gate fee sucks! Anyone remember the RRMCA or something like that where you had to pay for the card to ride most everywhere it was supposed to be some kind of insurance too? Turned out to just be a way for someone to get money from riders they didn't do anything then the tracks saw people were paying for this membership and split off to have their own memberships you have to pay to pay again to rude at their track like milestone, starwest, Elsinore etc.....
jeffro503
2/10/2012 7:37pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mxer613 wrote:
Jeffro, Mtn. View opens in a month and half!!! Hang in there buddy
Holy crap!!.....That soon? That's the best news I have heard in a while. I think we are going to have a long dry summer this year. This has been the most mellow Dec , Jan and Feb I can remember......usually means were gonna have a dryer spring and summer. Kinda hoping so anyways!

Back to the scheduled program here................Lk Elsinore.
jasonv43
2/10/2012 7:55pm
DadeRacing wrote:
I understand that..... I was more referring to collusion by the tracks individually (oxymoron I know) but if I want to go to starwest I have...
Torco1 wrote:
A couple of years ago I ended up getting that gold membership at Milestone where they deduct $49 a month from my checking account and you...

Hope all goes well man. Shoot me a text and let me know how things went.
BAMX
2/10/2012 8:39pm
DadeRacing wrote:
You can sue anyone. That fine print may keep you from winning but not from sueing and making the track bankrupt paying $300 an hour for attorneys.
dboivin
2/10/2012 8:46pm
DadeRacing wrote:
BAMX wrote:
You can sue anyone. That fine print may keep you from winning but not from sueing and making the track bankrupt paying $300 an hour for...
You can sue anyone. That fine print may keep you from winning but not from sueing and making the track bankrupt paying $300 an hour for attorneys.
you won't get far suing yourself. Its standard policy here in michigan as well. all the tracks require a yearly membership fee to be a member.

i'm a member of a long running motorcycle club (40 years) and we don't let anyone but a club member ride our track because of the liability...and our members won't get far if they try to sue the club since they own it/member of it...in essence your suing yourself.

Post a reply to: Lake Elsinore MX

The Latest