First time @ A1 to do list

Rick_Tha
Been to 15+ supercross races in various cities but finally pulled the trigger on the almighty A1.
already planning to go to PC/TLD

What are the musts to see ?
any practice tracks to visit?
Live shows or Pre race events?

Thanks in advance !
|
Jack_4196
Fantasy
3336th
10/19/2022 10:17am
Rick_Tha wrote:
Been to 15+ supercross races in various cities but finally pulled the trigger on the almighty A1. already planning to go to PC/TLD What are the...
Been to 15+ supercross races in various cities but finally pulled the trigger on the almighty A1.

Thanks in advance !
Spend time in Orange County, Newport Beach is awesome
10/19/2022 10:40am
If you come to town early, all the test tracks are off Temescal Canyon Road south of Corona. A couple minutes on Google earth ought to make it easy to find all the tracks if you want to check them out. Last I knew, there is at least one test track at Glen Helen as well, and Glen Helen is open for practice on Thursdays. If you’re a skier or snowboarder, you could head up to Mt High in Wrightwood and do a few runs, then hit up Glen Helen on your way down the hill. When I used to live there, I used to load my dirt bike in the back of my truck and head up the mountain to snowboard for a couple hours and ride some moto at GH before heading home.
Broughton859
10/19/2022 10:59am
Rick_Tha wrote:
Been to 15+ supercross races in various cities but finally pulled the trigger on the almighty A1. already planning to go to PC/TLD What are the...

Thanks in advance !
I'm not sure if the TLD showroom is still open. I would double-check on that one since the last time I was out there in May it was closed. Fox had a big party last year the night before that was really fun. Not sure if they're doing it again but if so I would recommend going to that.

There's plenty of bike rental / vacation rental type places if you want to ride yourself or like others mentioned hit up the test tracks and watch as well.
Xeno
10/19/2022 11:02am
TLD has a retail store in Laguna Beach.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/19/2022 2:24pm
It's worth going to Chaparral in San Bernardino or Bert's Mega Mall in Covina. Those are the biggest retail showrooms I've ever seen.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/19/2022 3:11pm
Berts, Chaparral, Pro Circuit and TLD are all well worth a visit,
Leave Us To
10/19/2022 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2022 8:07pm
What airport are you arriving? If LAX you have to check out the beach cities (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo) for lunch and walk on the strand. Easy to access the 91 from that area as well to head out to the Inland Empire AKA MX Central. Avoid getting stuck on the 91 freeway in the afternoons. 91 is the east west corridor that runs through Corona and PC sits on the north side. Use GPS with real time traffic updates plus have 1070 AM traffic on the nines I think it is but is has been awhile. They have traffic updates every ten minutes.

Glen Helen to see the facility, get some Woohoo's fish tacos in Norco heading south on the 15 then check out Chaparral would be a full day. Friday hit up Pro Circuit in AM then head to the stadium on Friday early afternoon. Security is typically lax on Friday .

Have fun.

Post a reply to: First time @ A1 to do list

The Latest