FIM Question - yes another one

danman
12/18/2014 7:37am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 11:36am
So the Stewart question here is, does the punishment fit the crime?
Has the FIM suspended anyone for failing a drug test anywhere in the world? If they have, how long was the suspension for the first offense? If they have suspended someone and it was less than 16 months, Stewart's camp should appeal and request a race waiver until the matter has been resolved.

What I'm getting at, has a precedent been set? If one's been set, they should be consistent with their penalties.
The FIM should have clearly stated penalties for failing tests, kind of like MLB and the NFL.
|
Kawaboy14
12/18/2014 7:39am
Failing a drug test followed by a TUE

It should already be outlined in the paperwork, the process and penalty along with the announcements and appeal process.
Kawaboy14
12/18/2014 7:42am
Since testing was already being done in sx how did he pass the tests the previous 2 years and now all of a sudden fail?

Maybe that's why he didn't have a TUE?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/18/2014 8:16am
Kawaboy14 wrote:
Since testing was already being done in sx how did he pass the tests the previous 2 years and now all of a sudden fail? Maybe...
Since testing was already being done in sx how did he pass the tests the previous 2 years and now all of a sudden fail?

Maybe that's why he didn't have a TUE?
I thought about this one a bit, and here's what I came up with. WADA only tests at a few rounds a year (I think 2 or 3?) and they only test the podium. I asked around about which rounds were tested at, and I found he always finished off the podium at those couple of rounds. (no conspiracy theory, he just happened to crash out of those races, namely some big ones when he was at JGR)
IceMan446
12/18/2014 8:24am
danman wrote:
So the Stewart question here is, does the punishment fit the crime? Has the FIM suspended anyone for failing a drug test anywhere in the world...
Has the FIM suspended anyone for failing a drug test anywhere in the world? If they have, how long was the suspension for the first offense? If they have suspended someone and it was less than 16 months, Stewart's camp should appeal and request a race waiver until the matter has been resolved.

What I'm getting at, has a precedent been set? If one's been set, they should be consistent with their penalties.
The FIM should have clearly stated penalties for failing tests, kind of like MLB and the NFL.
The riders need a union.

Simple as that. With bargaining power, leverage and people on the riders side.

The NFL has had many suspicions over turned and suspensions reduced and its all because of their union.

Do you think the football players have to fly to the other side of the world, meet in a motel 6 and have a one on one meeting with the judge, jury and executioner then wait 8 months for a verdict? Hell no.

The NFL is far more professional than that.

The FIM is a joke and it has been proven time and time again.

The AMA is no worse. Except in that instance the write a letter for James.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/18/2014 8:45am
danman wrote:
So the Stewart question here is, does the punishment fit the crime? Has the FIM suspended anyone for failing a drug test anywhere in the world...

a couple of years ago, Ant West, an australian moto 2 rider, failed a drug test, the substance was said to have come from a energy drink, they gave him a month suspension, WADA then appealed to the COS wanting a 2 year ban, the COS decided on a 18 month ban,

SO yes, the FIM has banned someone for longer than 16 months on their first offence,
TDeath21
12/18/2014 9:17am
I do agree they need specific outlines of positive tests. I do think the punishment was a bit harsh. I think he should have definitely been suspended for some of 2015, but not all the way up to August.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/18/2014 9:18am
TDeath21 wrote:
I do agree they need specific outlines of positive tests. I do think the punishment was a bit harsh. I think he should have definitely been...
I do agree they need specific outlines of positive tests. I do think the punishment was a bit harsh. I think he should have definitely been suspended for some of 2015, but not all the way up to August.
they are, the possible ban for a first offence is up to 2 years, for further tests its up to a life ban
TDeath21
12/18/2014 9:22am
TDeath21 wrote:
I do agree they need specific outlines of positive tests. I do think the punishment was a bit harsh. I think he should have definitely been...
scott_nz wrote:
they are, the possible ban for a first offence is up to 2 years, for further tests its up to a life ban
I didn't realize they already had set guidelines like that. I agree that they made the right call for his suspension length given the rule book. You break the rules, you suffer the consequences.
daveoevo
12/18/2014 11:36am
scott_nz wrote:
a couple of years ago, Ant West, an australian moto 2 rider, failed a drug test, the substance was said to have come from a energy...
a couple of years ago, Ant West, an australian moto 2 rider, failed a drug test, the substance was said to have come from a energy drink, they gave him a month suspension, WADA then appealed to the COS wanting a 2 year ban, the COS decided on a 18 month ban,

SO yes, the FIM has banned someone for longer than 16 months on their first offence,
And Josh Coppins got sacked by his team and suspended in 02 or 03 for somthing that was in a hayfeaver tablet. But that was over turned fairly quickly.

Post a reply to: FIM Question - yes another one

The Latest